• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

wondering why naphtha is cloudy

TheResearcher

to use your head, you have to go out of your mind
my buddy had a try at cybs hybrid. i believe it’s 210ml of vinegar 100g of salt 150g of bark. 110g of caustic soda and about 2800ml of distilled water about. he has been water bath with just tap water at its hottest let’s it’s cool he’s done it 6-8 times. maybe he’s doing something wrong or maybe shouldn’t 3x each ingredient as it was called out.
thank you.
IMG_3084.jpeg

So you increased everything in the tek by a multiple of 3? When I read 210ml of vinegar" I had a certain feeling, lol.

I'm assuming the tek initially stated to start with 50g of bark, but you wanted more DMT at a time so increased everything by three. I wish it were that easy, but since you're dealing with volume, it doesn't correspond that way.

However, not all is lost. Do your pulls, evaporate, and precipitate as usual, then after you've allowed the xtals to dry, perform a re-x to clean up anything that may be in the DMT as a result of what may be caught in the solvent in the pic above.

One love

So you increased everything in the tek by a multiple of 3? When I read 210ml of vinegar" I had a certain feeling, lol.

I'm assuming the tek initially stated to start with 50g of bark, but you wanted more DMT at a time so increased everything by three. I wish it were that easy, but since you're dealing with volume, it doesn't correspond that way.

However, not all is lost. Do your pulls, evaporate, and precipitate as usual, then after you've allowed the xtals to dry, perform a re-x to clean up anything that may be in the DMT as a result of what may be caught in the solvent in the pic above.

One love
thank you so much. he will do that. re x with warm naphtha or heptanes

We'll need a chemical expert to weigh in for specifics. But you'll need to add much less than you think to your overall totals when increasing things in terms of volume.

@Transform can probably give us a more detailed breakdown.

At the same time, smaller extractions tend to be safer and more efficacious.

One love
so your saying 150g is to big and my mistake was going from nomans tek which was working wonders. should have just stuck to that and multiplied instead of trying a new tek 250gs. that’s mistake one

Best to hone a new tek on the amounts stated - changing too many variables at once makes it hard to pinpoint causes of difficulty. 150g shouldn't, in principle, present too much in the way of additional difficulties, and when it comes to emulsions there's a long list of potential confounding factors independent of amounts.
understood. my buddy should have just did the nomans tek he had down.
Even multiplying in the tek you're familiar with could have some unwanted consequences. If we working with just mass, then yeah, you could probably just multiply everything.

One love
ya totally understand that. if my buddy where to do say 200g X with nomans. is there anyone out there that can lead my buddy in the right ratio direction.

One option might be to split it in half and proceed with two extractions in tandem, since the waiting times can be put to use swapping between the two portions. Can't guarantee that would isolate the emulsion problem in any way since it could be due to materials or some nuance of technique or method, but it would at least give the chance to compare ease of handling over the range of scale. 25g extractions are just so much easier than 250g ones in terms of being able to pick up and manipulate the containers safely and effortlessly, but 100g is probably a sweet spot when factoring in efficacy of recovering occluded solvent.

Just some lazy Sunday lunchtime musings - a good dozen fortmonths ago, my 250g debut extraction went smoothly as anything but that was a plain ole STB, probably after Noman's.

One option might be to split it in half and proceed with two extractions in tandem, since the waiting times can be put to use swapping between the two portions. Can't guarantee that would isolate the emulsion problem in any way since it could be due to materials or some nuance of technique or method, but it would at least give the chance to compare ease of handling over the range of scale. 25g extractions are just so much easier than 250g ones in terms of being able to pick up and manipulate the containers safely and effortlessly, but 100g is probably a sweet spot when factoring in efficacy of recovering occluded solvent.

Just some lazy Sunday lunchtime musings - a good dozen fortmonths ago, my 250g debut extraction went smoothly as anything but that was a plain ole STB, probably after Noman's.
yea nomans tek is simple and straight to the point. it’s great actually

it looks like powdered bark with crystals
it does indeed resemble sawdust at first glance! Have you sampled it yet? I'd be inclined to try a little bit and do a re-x (which is essentially what you'd be doing with the SC wash, since that's done on a NPS solution) only if something seems off. Maybe do a small pre-vape without ingestion to see what kind of residue gets left behind.

A mini A/B would also be a viable cleanup route, which starts with dissolving the powder in vinegar, check to see if any particulaates need filtering out and do so if necessary, then add base followed by NPS as though it were a normal extraction. Since you have a good idea of how much product you're aiming to recover, it's much easier to fine tune the amounts of lye and naphtha you'll need to be using.

it does indeed resemble sawdust at first glance! Have you sampled it yet? I'd be inclined to try a little bit and do a re-x (which is essentially what you'd be doing with the SC wash, since that's done on a NPS solution) only if something seems off. Maybe do a small pre-vape without ingestion to see what kind of residue gets left behind.

A mini A/B would also be a viable cleanup route, which starts with dissolving the powder in vinegar, check to see if any particulaates need filtering out and do so if necessary, then add base followed by NPS as though it were a normal extraction. Since you have a good idea of how much product you're aiming to recover, it's much easier to fine tune the amounts of lye and naphtha you'll need to be using.
okay okay. i’ll check it out see what’s going on and update yall

Back
Top Bottom