• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

wondering why naphtha is cloudy

TheResearcher

to use your head, you have to go out of your mind
my buddy had a try at cybs hybrid. i believe it’s 210ml of vinegar 100g of salt 150g of bark. 110g of caustic soda and about 2800ml of distilled water about. he has been water bath with just tap water at its hottest let’s it’s cool he’s done it 6-8 times. maybe he’s doing something wrong or maybe shouldn’t 3x each ingredient as it was called out.
thank you.
IMG_3084.jpeg

Had a chance to try anything out yet? I haven't been in chat for a while so maybe you've only mentioned your results there.
i haven’t been in forum much either. i mean my buddy usually makes karts. he burnt some in a smaller glsss vial it doesn’t really vaporize it just like burns even keeping the flame 2 in away. kinda bubbles and turns black. i smelt the smoke i cant tell. doesn’t taste like spice or but smells kinda a little like it. he’s been on vaca he needs to re x it or do the sodium carbonate wash or the mini a/b.(he’s never preformed). second pulll plus first all together about 3 g s

i haven’t been in forum much either. i mean my buddy usually makes karts. he burnt some in a smaller glsss vial it doesn’t really vaporize it just like burns even keeping the flame 2 in away. kinda bubbles and turns black. i smelt the smoke i cant tell. doesn’t taste like spice or but smells kinda a little like it. he’s been on vaca he needs to re x it or do the sodium carbonate wash or the mini a/b.(he’s never preformed). second pulll plus first all together about 3 g s
Yeah, that does sound like it could do with some kind of clean-up!

I'd recommend the mini A/B at the level of contamination you're describing.

It's really simple:
  • dissolve DMT in vinegar
  • optional defat
  • add lye
  • pull again with naphtha
  • freeze precip

Yeah, that does sound like it could do with some kind of clean-up!

I'd recommend the mini A/B at the level of contamination you're describing.

It's really simple:
  • dissolve DMT in vinegar
  • optional defat
  • add lye
  • pull again with naphtha
  • freeze precip
that simple how much lye would you add to the vinegar and naphtha with such a small amount

that simple how much lye would you add to the vinegar and naphtha with such a small amount
Almost any amount will do, since you'll only have used the tiniest amount of acetic acid. Ideally you use "just enough", which is calculated by multiplying your amount of spice by the MW of NaOH and dividing the result by the MW of DMT. The number is then the amount of lye needed, in the same units as you measured your DMT in (you did weigh the DMT first, right? RIGHT?? :D ) Add a tiny bit more than that.

Almost any amount will do, since you'll only have used the tiniest amount of acetic acid. Ideally you use "just enough", which is calculated by multiplying your amount of spice by the MW of NaOH and dividing the result by the MW of DMT. The number is then the amount of lye needed, in the same units as you measured your DMT in (you did weigh the DMT first, right? RIGHT?? :D ) Add a tiny bit more than that
hasn’t been weighed yet actually possibly…. it’s been put aside. he was funna try to do a 3rd pull on it first then do the mini a/b tek. believe it’s probably been sitting for to long. what do peoples don’t there solution when there done. he has a 3 gallon carboy he was going to put it all in and do a huge pull see if he gets anything out of it, (has like 5-6 1000mL , 2-3 2000ml A soup just sitting there trying or wondering what to do. herd about jungle spice. or tossing it ?
he’s gunna need a walk threw or pointed in a direction he can follow for that mini A/B

Last edited:
he’s gunna need a walk threw or pointed in a direction he can follow for that mini A/B
Further reading: Search results for query: "mini A/B"

You could do a couple of xylene pulls on the carboy, then treat them a bit like for the mini A/B, since you'll need to recover the alks from the NPS with an acid - evaporating xylene is a bit yuk. And it's broadly OK for the base soup to sit around for a fair while, no big worries there. Just don't leave it so long that the lye weakens the glass - that could lead to a highly inconvenient mess.

Further reading: Search results for query: "mini A/B"

You could do a couple of xylene pulls on the carboy, then treat them a bit like for the mini A/B, since you'll need to recover the alks from the NPS with an acid - evaporating xylene is a bit yuk. And it's broadly OK for the base soup to sit around for a fair while, no big worries there. Just don't leave it so long that the lye weakens the glass - that could lead to a highly inconvenient mess.
how long is too long ?

Maybe just hurry up a bit ;)

The answer depends on the quality and composition of the glassware. Also, the quality of your product will slowly decline the longer you wait.
yea you’re right my buddy has been going threw it. good amount of chaos going on. lost his income. lost his good friend. he’s now back at the place he grew up. everything just hit at once. but he’s pushing along just fine just needs to organize the scattered 🧠

Back
Top Bottom