• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Working with fresh cactus - a pictoral.

Migrated topic.
Madcap said:
with dry tek. Leaving skins on there is fine. but when dry they do give the coffee grinder a beatdown. and they make drying take longer

This made SWIM recall a little idea he had for cactus extraction: Why dry the cactus for limtek or drytek? Both will inevitably require re-hydration for the base to work its magic, so why not just leave it in there? One idea would be to dredge the cactus slices in lime, pulverize/blend the mixture (with a blender, of course), then proceed with extraction. In this case leaving the skins on would probably be fine, but since it's nice and moist beneath, it may be better to remove and maximize the moist surface contact with the lime.

Perhaps someone could answer this for me here since this is a fresh cacti workshop :D

To extract mescaline using say Kash's A/B tek, the recipe calls for dried powdered cacti.

Could one use fresh cacti instead of dried-powdered and simply reduce the final mixture down significantly to rid the excess water? Or is doing an A/B tek with fresh cacti just a huge PITA?

Kash's A/B Mescaline Extraction - DMT-Nexus Wiki

Although I've not done it before, you can definitely do an A/B with fresh cactus as well. HeavenlyPursit had a good tek up showing how he did it. You can also do an STB with fresh cactus if you have the time to just let it sit for a few days. In that case, it seems as though you don't even have to despine and de-skin: just chop it up, throw it in a blender, and base the hell out of it.

I have only done A/B mescaline extractions with fresh cacti. HeavenlyPursuit's tek worked really well for me, aside from some issues I had using D-limonene.

I have also read about people using fresh diced cactus (1/2"-1/4" cubes) for Kash's tek.

I went ahead with Kash's tek (which does say you can use cubed fresh cacti, I somehow skimmed over the part) and had a very low yield from 24" of SP cacti (about 300mg total).

Im a little disappointed, but was reading that a/b is less than favorable for mescaline because its so attracted to water, stb is the best way to go to avoid doing tons of pulls just to get the mescaline out of the water.

next time Im going to likely be trying 69Rons tek

xram said:
What issues did you have with limonene?
I ran into some difficulty when salting the mescaline out of D-limonene. I found it difficult to remove all of the HCl solution without pulling any limonene with it. Even when there was no layer on top, the solution still smelled of limonene. It seemed like somehow the layers may not have completely separating. I ended up with a decent amount of mescaline HCL which was heavily contaminated with evaporated limonene residue, which proved to be somewhat difficult to remove. Luckily food grade D-limo is non toxic, but I still did not want to ingest the orange-tinted, citrus-scented mescaline without purifying it first.

I do not use limonene for mescaline extractions anymore. Though I do love the idea of a non-toxic, non-petroleum based solvent that merely smells like oranges; it has been much easier for me to use solvents which evaporate clean without leaving any residue behind (xylene, toluene, et cetera).

HumbleTraveler said:
I went ahead with Kash's tek (which does say you can use cubed fresh cacti, I somehow skimmed over the part) and had a very low yield from 24" of SP cacti (about 300mg total).

Im a little disappointed, but was reading that a/b is less than favorable for mescaline because its so attracted to water, stb is the best way to go to avoid doing tons of pulls just to get the mescaline out of the water.

next time Im going to likely be trying 69Rons tek
This could also be caused by low potency of the cactus to begin with. I have never had a particularly low yield from A/B cactus extractions.

Yes very likely as well. I only did 4 pulls total though, and allegedly 10+ are ideal for a cacti A/B (according to what I read from a post by 69ron)

How many do you normally do?

I have two beautiful Bridgesii which I plan on trying 69Rons d-lim tek. Id really love to root and grow the bridgesii. Decisions decisions.

This thread makes me wonder: would a spiralizer be up to the job of cactus prep?
dc6f4cfec8292134e86a4363e429143c.jpg

Attachments

• spiralizer.jpg
    spiralizer.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom