• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Your first psychedelic: DMT?

Migrated topic.

obliguhl

Rising Star
OG Pioneer
I was wondering what you think about smoking DMT as your first psychedelic? I've read that most people recommend mushrooms or even LSD for first timers, because of the alsmost unbearable intensity of the DMT rush.

I was looking into Salvia and have chewed it many times without a noticable effect. Well, I definatly had a buzz of some sort and everything felt a little strange but that's it. I'm very fascinated by both , Salvia and DMT from what I've read over the last weeks and years. Especially the fact that it's short-acting (I know that this could be relative from a psychonauts experience). With low dose DMT I was hoping to achieve a state similiar to classic hallucinogens like psylocin mushrooms/LSD but without having to go thru 6-12 hours of possible nightmare.

(Yes, I know that one could profit from nightmarish experiences!)

What do you think of a small dose, say 5-10mg? Would it give me a glimpse of the potential a psychedelic substance could offer me? I know that a DMT breakthru is a different story.

I know that a small dose sounds like a waste to experienced visiters of the DMT realms..but would it fit my needs, or should I keep experimenting with Salvia?

What was your experience prior to taking DMT?

dmt for mild psychedelic effects seems pointless to me. for "the experience" do mushrooms. you won't get very much from a low dmt dose - yeah some visual effects/distortions, but not the mental etc as you would from mushrooms. they all last as long as they do/have the effects for a reason. if the waters cold dipping your toe in is no good - just jump in at the deep end.

if you've read enough about it all and approach in the right frame of mind you should be fine.

shit or get off the pan as they say...

I'm proud to say that DMT was the first psychedelic I tried, apart from some very sub-standard acid trips when i was about 15.

I always had a massive interest in psychedelics, read as much as I could on them, but never actually had the opportunity to try them, I guess I wasn't in the right circles at the time. When I was about 15 I FINALLY got my hands on an acid tab which i'm sorry to say basically didn't do shit except made me giggle for about an hour.

I moved to the city from the suburbs when I was 23 and by recommendation took a walk into a nearby shop which turned out to be the start of a long journey I'm still just beginning to understand. My only real areas of experience to this point had been drinking and smoking pot, lots of pot, so i was well accustomed with smoking things. i walked in and asked if they had something interesting I could smoke, she showed me a little bag with a gram of leaf in it labelled "Pau D'Arco Mix". $100. I thought if that's the price then it's got to do something. I went home a loaded up a cone, had no idea what I was in for and went for it. Very soon I started asking questions, realised what I was smoking was dmt, realised I could breakthrough on the stuff and that's where it all really started for me. Since then there has been massive stages of all kinds of things which have only ever contributed to the greater good of my mind ever since

In my opinion, starting with dmt was the best thing that could have happened to me

Coschi said:
I'm proud to say that DMT was the first psychedelic I tried, apart from some very sub-standard acid trips when i was about 15.

I always had a massive interest in psychedelics, read as much as I could on them, but never actually had the opportunity to try them, I guess I wasn't in the right circles at the time. When I was about 15 I FINALLY got my hands on an acid tab which i'm sorry to say basically didn't do shit except made me giggle for about an hour.

I moved to the city from the suburbs when I was 23 and by recommendation took a walk into a nearby shop which turned out to be the start of a long journey I'm still just beginning to understand. My only real areas of experience to this point had been drinking and smoking pot, lots of pot, so i was well accustomed with smoking things. i walked in and asked if they had something interesting I could smoke, she showed me a little bag with a gram of leaf in it labelled "Pau D'Arco Mix". $100. I thought if that's the price then it's got to do something. I went home a loaded up a cone, had no idea what I was in for and went for it. Very soon I started asking questions, realised what I was smoking was dmt, realised I could breakthrough on the stuff and that's where it all really started for me. Since then there has been massive stages of all kinds of things which have only ever contributed to the greater good of my mind ever since

In my opinion, starting with dmt was the best thing that could have happened to me

uhhh that wasnt dmt man...

Pau d'Arco tea has been prepared by the Indio tribes of South America for centuries. This herbal tea is perhaps the most widely used method of taking Pau d'Arco, and has in the recent years has become especially popular worldwide. This taheebo tea (another name for Pau d'Arco) may be found in health stores as well as Internet shops.

To prepare your Pau d'Arco tea, mix 3-6 tablespoons of the inner bark tea with one quart of cold distilled water into a teapot. Use a glass or stainless steel teapot, not one of aluminum, tin, or other type. If using tea bags, you may follow their ratios instead of measuring by tablespoons.

Allow the herbal tea to reach a boil, and then let it slow boil for 20 minutes or longer. This allows the beneficial compounds such as lapacho to be disseminated. Once 20 minutes of slow boiling have passed, the compounds have been released into the tea drink, and it is ready to be removed from the heat.

Pour the tea from the teapot through a tea strainer or linen cloth, to ensure that the remaining bark is not left in the tea to be served. Honey, raw sugar and various fruit juice may be added to sweeten and enhance the flavor of the tea, without spoiling its qualities.

I don't think Psilocybin or LSD could ever prepare you for what awaits you on Spice or Sage. I don't even think those substances are comparable at all. P. and LSD are psychedelics, Spice and Sage are something different. I don't think they lead you to inner worlds and I'm still looking for a better word than "psychedelic". At least I have a good idea how to call a user: an Alternaut. How could "cause change" or "change state" be translated to greek?

I still have no first hand experience with Spice though I read a lot recently, yet I do have much experience with Sage.

modsquad09 said:
Coschi said:

uhhh that wasnt dmt man...

Pau d'Arco tea has been prepared by the Indio tribes of South America for centuries. This herbal tea is perhaps the most widely used method of taking Pau d'Arco, and has in the recent years has become especially popular worldwide. This taheebo tea (another name for Pau d'Arco) may be found in health stores as well as Internet shops.

To prepare your Pau d'Arco tea, mix 3-6 tablespoons of the inner bark tea with one quart of cold distilled water into a teapot. Use a glass or stainless steel teapot, not one of aluminum, tin, or other type. If using tea bags, you may follow their ratios instead of measuring by tablespoons.

Allow the herbal tea to reach a boil, and then let it slow boil for 20 minutes or longer. This allows the beneficial compounds such as lapacho to be disseminated. Once 20 minutes of slow boiling have passed, the compounds have been released into the tea drink, and it is ready to be removed from the heat.

Pour the tea from the teapot through a tea strainer or linen cloth, to ensure that the remaining bark is not left in the tea to be served. Honey, raw sugar and various fruit juice may be added to sweeten and enhance the flavor of the tea, without spoiling its qualities.

For $100.00, he probably bought some of the Pau D'Arco leaves that had been "enhanced".

@Breakmymind
So in your opinion, DMT low dose produces nothing but beautiful image and can't prepare you for the mental change one would experience taking mushrooms oder LSD ? I've heard that quite often to just jump into the water. But that's easy talk for a guy who knows how it feels.

@Coschi
Interesting read!
I'm sure you got enhanced leafs as I can't imagine someone gettin high on lapacho ...:lol:

@Alternaut

I don't think Psilocybin or LSD could ever prepare you for what awaits you on Spice or Sage. I don't even think those substances are comparable at all.

Terence McKenna would not agree, as Mushrooms can lead into the same realms as DMT, if I remember him correctly.

So in your opinion, DMT low dose produces nothing but beautiful image and can't prepare you for the mental change one would experience taking mushrooms oder LSD ? I've heard that quite often to just jump into the water. But that's easy talk for a guy who knows how it feels.

low dose i experience mushroom like open eye visuals - patterns on floor/curtains etc moving and flowing. everything looks sharper. closed eyes nice flowing patterns n stuff. it still makes me go wow a bit a low doses coz it comes on so quick. but i don't find theres anything different going on in my brain if that makes sense.

really it depends i think on what your reason is for doing it... personally i would rather do mushrooms than just a low dose of dmt - i would get more out of it. you can always start on a low dose of mushrooms and have more if you want. it sounds like you want to try a low dose of something before a larger dose... and your slightly worried about having a bad trip. but you could still get a glimpse on a low dose, then have a larger dose if like it... but then not have the best of times. so you may as well go for it... SET & SETTING.

personally i would advise a friend to try mushrooms before dmt.

this is all just my opinion im sure others disagree.

The original post was awhile ago, but I wanted to respond...

DMT was the first psychedelic ever tried by SWIM. I'm talking about a standard dose, of which she inhaled four times. Admittedly, the experience was EXTREMELY intense for her and she was very uncomfortable from the sudden onset of things. Despite how much she was "prepared" by others who described their experiences, it never was even close to what she thought it would be. One could even go as far as to say that she was traumatized by the experience.

That being said, there's something incredibly powerful about jumping right into things sometimes, and one can often experience more if there aren't expectations. While my first minute was a struggle and I wanted to rip out my hair, it just made the experience so much more powerful when I was able to let go of my ego and enjoy.

I'd go for a low-medium dose of shrooms to start with. And shrooms and DMT are extremely related. Every time I trip on shrooms now I experience parts of old DMT trips and sometimes experience forgotten parts of DMT trips. Something I never remembered properly. Good dose of shrooms can definitely take me to the same place as DMT does but that only happened after I smoked DMT. Before the shrooms never took me to that exact place.

i know some one as well who never did any type of supstance
drink a few times and a very low dose just under threashhold dose of mesc
6 houre aya dose and loved it
as fare as lsd and mushes not preparing one
thats true
but
ive seen and ex things and gone places on lsd that rival dmt in both forms

For my friend it was her first psychedelic. I see nothin wrong with that...by the time your realized how far gone you are your already comin back.. And dmt is so perfect and amazing it will take care of you. And its over in a flash.

In my opinion........Yes, DMT is fine to start with. I know people here are stuck on the full blown expeirence and may be misleading you, no offence anyone. Smal doses...5-15mg smoked is perfect to start with wheen you have no Trip expeirence. Smoke 10-15mg your first few times and slowly add 5mg when your comfortable. It is not wize to throw yourself in a hard DMT trip when you've never even triped on acid, sure people do it, but that dosen't make it a good choice, though i admire the big balls they have!

The reason i say to avoid the full blown until ready is because of the fact that its way beyond shrooms or LSD, if you get freaked out theres a good chance you may never want to trip again. And correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't that why most people only do it 1 to a couple of times, because they trip too hard by smokeing to much when not ready?

I would say that if you build up to that level always enjoying your trip, it would be less likely that you would have a bad trip, because of the level of comfort you have gained, and that comfort is needed. DMT is the most intense trip, but to someone who has never triped shrooms can be very intense. Its always amazed me, the cheapist drugs (Hallucinogens) are by far the most intense, just $10(Or FREE) dollars can have you out of your mind for 12 hours. I would still say that DMT is the best to start on, in low doses, because like you said, if you end up having a bad trip, you will shortly stop tripping, so trying it again isn't such a big thing with only a 15min trip, try that with acid, if you have a bad trip for 12 hours its likely you want be doing any Hallucinogens for a few years if ever again.

Coschi said:
i walked in and asked if they had something interesting I could smoke, she showed me a little bag with a gram of leaf in it labelled "Pau D'Arco Mix". $100. I thought if that's the price then it's got to do something.

100 bucks! I was paying 150. That must have been a long time ago. Cool shop though...

Salvia was my first, but I had done lots of reading and research before. Never have done LSD, shrooms or MJ.

Yes, I'd start with small doses. SWIM tells me he got intense visuals on as little as 8mg, and broke through on 15-20mg.

If SWIM would recommend anything it would be some sort of ayahuasca analog before smoking spice. It really helped understanding where it comes from.

dmt evolved on our planet; shrooms came from space ~T mac

Either way, psychedelics bring amazing things to the arena. Angelic or demonic, just hurl a trident and see what happens.

Not sure about going ayahuasca for first time. If you freak out, you're in for an hours-long ride. At least with DMT smoked it's over in 5-10 mins. I'd recommend smoked DMT first. I haven't yet done ayahuasca though, so can't comment precisely on this. Aya can be just as intense from what I hear. SWIM tells me he'll be doing an aya analogue in the morning. This is after he's done DMT about 6 times already.

DMT is going to be my first real psychadelic experience as well. After researching long and hard on the various psychadelics, and the convenience of finding the connection, I think that DMT will be a good experience. I've already thought long and hard on the nature of the universe and the like in the past, comparable to what is posted in the Spiritual section. I know this is not the drug to just "trip bawlz" on, nor do I intend to use it in such a way. I've always thirsted for the answers to those unanswered questions and pondered the questions of the infinite, and I feel DMT will allow me to open my mind in ways that are otherwise inaccessible. In short, I'm looking forward to what "they" have to teach me and I crave to learn.

DMT is going to be my first real psychadelic experience as well. After researching long and hard on the various psychadelics, and the convenience of finding the connection, I think that DMT will be a good experience. I've already thought long and hard on the nature of the universe and the like in the past, comparable to what is posted in the Spiritual section. I know this is not the drug to just "trip bawlz" on, nor do I intend to use it in such a way. I've always thirsted for the answers to those unanswered questions and pondered the questions of the infinite, and I feel DMT will allow me to open my mind in ways that are otherwise inaccessible. In short, I'm looking forward to what "they" have to teach me and I crave to learn.

yeah man... good luck on your journey and read the forum a lot!

Back
Top Bottom