• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

10 years for DMT possession.

Migrated topic.
Drug cook with more than 200g of DMT in possession accidentally brings down the heat by firing an AK47 through the wall into his neighbours apartment. Idiot. Anyone in their right mind would have known the second that happened that the police were coming and they only had minutes to clean up.

Then a little search turns up that he ran as well and brought down the heat even more.

If the reports are to be believed he seems like a bringer of harm.

Weapons charges, manufacturing charges, breach of bail and more... the guy was asking for it.

Yeah obliguhl...

If there wasn't criminalization there would be no financial incentive to possess >200g of DMT.

This isn't a guy who is being tied up for owning his own stash though (that would be hellishly unjust)... this is a guy with a loaded fully automatic weapon in a flat in an urban area, next to a massive cook... and then let the thing go off.

You can be sure he wasn't shooting varmints with an AK in DeKalb in block 800.

Reeks of reckless violent criminal intention.

If it wasn't DMT it would be the next illegal traffic-able commodity with this type of mindset.

If there wasn't criminalization there would be no financial incentive to possess >200g of DMT.

So because bread isn't criminalized there is no incentive for bakeries to carry more than 2 loafs of bread?

I still don't understand what owning and firing a gun has to do with DMT.

Not nice for him to draw attention to DMT by his actions but this is about DMT posession and possibly selling and not gun laws.

obliguhl said:
I still don't understand what owning and firing a gun has to do with DMT.
Nothing at all... I see money driven violent criminal intent as the point here. Not DMT, not guns. (and a dash of stupidity)

He's clearly not a baker.

There was no pure intent. There is nothing but greed and disrespect for others here.

I think 10 years is far too much to sentence a young man for these sort of crimes, even judging by his second photo a couple of years later you can see he has grown and changed. He deserves a second chance rather than a decade in prison.

BUT... what do we have if we don't have laws? Justice in anarchy? Mobs? Changing laws is important when things are unjust or excessively punitive but setting consequences for adults who deliberately break laws is also important. It is the only mechanism we have right now. DeKalb itself is a case en point about how crime can escalate due to poor planning of these sorts of social parameters.

If people were allowed to possess 2g of DMT for personal use I have no doubt that this young man would not be held up for these charges, but it's highly probable it would be cocaine, heroin, whetever... whatever illegal thing was making bucks the easiest.

Was it realy 200 g of dmt of 200gr of mimosa or 200 g of liquid containing dmt though ? They sy it was in liquid form ? also for the gun that is retty stupid altouhg in hte US it's not uncommon to own a gun at all.

Yes about ^^^ and that so called "lab" just being a bottle of drain cleaner, a god darn funnel with a raging criminal coffee filter in it, "He sure wasn't making coffee with this sergeant !!!".
A friend of mine (in good ole understanding EU) got arrested and the police department dismantled his drug lab, this was put in such a way in the media. Truth was he was growing weed plants on his attic and they found some very suspecting bottles with strange materials in it, being fertilizers, perlite etc..
He was depicted as the local drugs baron. He never really sat in jail thanks to good ole EU though, but it got depicted in media so bad, so utterly wrong and bad and you're so powerless against that kind of agenda. It all helped him going deeper and deeper into real drugs hell and suicide attempts, he wasn't the smartest to deal properly with issues at hand and got spiraling down... down..

Maybe this...maybe that...maybe the OP protagonist is a fool indeed but that does not take away doubts about media being the servant of an agenda, they easily lie so hard that it has no name.

Jees said:
Yes about ^^^ and that so called "lab" just being a bottle of drain cleaner, a god darn funnel with a raging criminal coffee filter in it, "He sure wasn't making coffee with this sergeant !!!".
A friend of mine (in good ole understanding EU) got arrested and the police department dismantled his drug lab, this was put in such a way in the media. Truth was he was growing weed plants on his attic and they found some very suspecting bottles with strange materials in it, being fertilizers, perlite etc..
He was depicted as the local drugs baron. He never really sat in jail thanks to good ole EU though, but it got depicted in media so bad, so utterly wrong and bad and you're so powerless against that kind of agenda. It all helped him going deeper and deeper into real drugs hell and suicide attempts, he wasn't the smartest to deal properly with issues at hand and got spiraling down... down..

Maybe this...maybe that...maybe the OP protagonist is a fool indeed but that does not take away doubts about media being the servant of an agenda, they easily lie so hard that it has no name.
Most journalists have probably never heart of DMT. Some newsmedia have an agenda, but i think most journalists are just realy ignorant.
And they have a bit of a flock mentality as well.

The BBC is a good example of this. I think the BBC realy, genuinely, tries not to have an agenda. And they do have some good reporters working for them as well. But many journalists are just not the best and brightest people out there. Just not that good at critical thinking or asking the right questions.

Sometimes they try so hard to be impartial, that their interviews actually come out as partial, because they don't dare to ask dificult an critical questions. Or they have someone talking sense sitting next to someone utterly bonkers, talking total nonsense, and they're like "as we see, there is no consensus yet on the matter".

^^^ dragonrider, very possible.

My friends case looked much like the police wanting to justify their budgets by faking danger and they allegedly took care off fake imminent danger toward the public eyes. I dunno... there might be a lot of elements working together.

I wonder what the "lab" was? Maybe it was just a separatory funnel and a magnetic stir plate.

As others have said, DMT in liquid form is not how one would manufacture DMT for selling. It was very likely not pure DMT at all which would be goo or crytals. Also, I never heard of anyone selling DMT. Folks don't usually use it very regularly (it's been months for me) so you would need to find new customers all the time. Only people I'm aware that use DMT a lot are treating cluster headaches, but there are not may folks around like that. Does not make businesses sense to get into DMT if you want to sell drugs for money (I think).

He did plead guilty to intent to sell though.

It just does not add up.

What I think may have happened (speculation on my part): Prosecutors threatened him with a larger prison sentence with a difficult parole if he went to trial since there was "a gun" involved. However, if he pleaded guilty they would only ask for 10 years, agree the gun thing was accidental, and would not ask for parole conditions. He took the deal even though he may just be a guy with 200ml of saturated naphta, a $20 separatory funnel, and a gun that went off accidentally.

Would be interesting if someone got to the bottom of this one. Reality may be very different than what we are getting from the police and the media.

Edit: Funny how this post just came out talking about "liquid DMT".

Bottom line is this man just lost ten years of his life for something most of us have done or actively do here. This should scare any of us.

Doing a little research on this case i found a statement by one of the LEOs involved that the suspecthad "dmt in liquid form". This is surely the soup in which case 200 grams isn't a whole lot.

Another interesting thing is how quickly they identified the equipment in the home as a "dmt lab". In most other cases I've read about the cops thought it was meth or had no idea what it was until tested. Does this mean they are educating themselves or that it's more common.

And yes this is another case of a person getting busted for one thing because the police entered the home for another.

There are a few takeaways from this story. First be careful folks, don't leave stuff out in the open and have some plausible deniability for ingredients. Store nps in a work area, vinegar in the kitchen, lye under the sink and jars in the cupboard when not using.

And don't play with assault weapons inside while doing am extract.

As far as the gun goes. Sorry guys, Americans have a love affair with gunpowder. I really hate to tell all the Europeans in this thread that Americans really like guns. The ownership of even a military style assault weapon is NOT an indicator that this guy was an armed drug dealer as put forth by some of the actually more educated members. I personally don't own any kind of gun and never will but have many friends that do, including military style assault weapons and i love to go plinking with those weapons. This man was not brilliant but chances are the mediaand law enforcement are using the gun as a convenient way to demonize him. A little hypocritical i must say. Gun ownership and rights are one of those plastic political areas that can be molded to fit whatever argument in whatever situation.

null24 said:
Bottom line is this man just lost ten years of his life for something most of us have done or actively do here. This should scare any of us.

Doing a little research on this case i found a statement by one of the LEOs involved that the suspecthad "dmt in liquid form". This is surely the soup in which case 200 grams isn't a whole lot.

Another interesting thing is how quickly they identified the equipment in the home as a "dmt lab". In most other cases I've read about the cops thought it was meth or had no idea what it was until tested. Does this mean they are educating themselves or that it's more common.

And yes this is another case of a person getting busted for one thing because the police entered the home for another.

There are a few takeaways from this story. First be careful folks, don't leave stuff out in the open and have some plausible deniability for ingredients. Store nps in a work area, vinegar in the kitchen, lye under the sink and jars in the cupboard when not using.

And don't play with assault weapons inside while doing am extract.

As far as the gun goes. Sorry guys, Americans have a love affair with gunpowder. I really hate to tell all the Europeans in this thread that Americans really like guns. The ownership of even a military style assault weapon is NOT an indicator that this guy was an armed drug dealer as put forth by some of the actually more educated members. I personally don't own any kind of gun and never will but have many friends that do, including military style assault weapons and i love to go plinking with those weapons. This man was not brilliant but chances are the mediaand law enforcement are using the gun as a convenient way to demonize him. A little hypocritical i must say. Gun ownership and rights are one of those plastic political areas that can be molded to fit whatever argument in whatever situation.
This may sound a bit strange after some other things i've said before, but yes, i do think that we in europe often don't properly understand america's relation with guns. And we are often too quick with judging, as i realy don't think any sort of gun prohibition is even remotely realistic in a country with as many guns as people.

But a soviet weapon? Wouldn't it be considered sacrilige to fire a soviet weapon in an american house?

The guilty plea was not only for possetion, but also had intent to deliver. What is intent to deliver? Share with a friend?

daily-chronicle said:
...pleaded guilty to unlawful possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver

The sentence seems to include something other than simple possesion, right? Was he selling the stuff?

Was it realy 200 g of dmt of 200gr of mimosa or 200 g of liquid containing dmt though ? They sy it was in liquid form ?

Remember that dude who got caught importing 18kg of MHRB and got done for 18kg of dmt? Wouldn't even be surprised if it was just liquid.

When asked to clarify whether it was 18kg of the precursor bark or the extracted DMT, Customs spokesman Rowan McArthur said if it was not correct, they would not have said so.

Back
Top Bottom