• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

2012 Reconsidered; Updated

Migrated topic.
DMT has already been shown to increase in mice due to stress, to extrapolate further of humans is of my own idea. It makes sense to me. Once again, you obviously didn't read any of the links, as I believe you like to attack people due to your own intellectual insecurities. Just my opinion, I willingly admit that the hypothesis is 'out there', you're simply trying to make yourself out to be better than me, which is okay, but to me, extremely repugnant and actually sad; however, its necessary for your dharma as an ignoramus.

If you read the 2 Electrophysiological Intuition links, perhaps you wouldn't be so obtuse and downright WRONG. These studies are quite conclusive in their findings that we do in fact respond to stress far before we actually feel it.

Eschaton I won't attack you rampantly anymore.

Anyway your right that DMT probably does rise in response to stress, I don't dispute. This has also been hypothesized to happen in humans theres an interesting paper out there on it Endogenous Psychoactive Tryptamines Reconsidered - An Anxiolytic Role For Dimethyltryptamine (DMT) | PDF | Hallucinogen | Serotonin. But why would anything happening on 2012 specifically make DMT increase to such levels that it has a large impact on human functioning? That's really part of the crux as to why I don't buy into anything major happening on 2012.

Now lets say that astrological events can have such an impact on human metabolism because in some ways they do, the moon helps regulate cycles of plants and animals etc. But why DMT? Why would anything happening on 2012 effect DMT specifically and how could it do so without having significant effects on other aspects of human metabolism? I would expect such an event would probably have an impact on lots of neurotransmitter systems and might just outright kill us. I also would expect that for anything to happen being related to "galactic alignment" and "procession" and "solar cycles" would be gradual not on one single day, but I guess the other argument would be to say that it peaks or reaches its most "impactful" level at that day. Events that could have major impacts like cosmic rays, asteroids, comets, whatever could potentially devastate our planet but that can happen anything so its irrelevant for this discussion.

But yes for your information I have read lots of things on your website but not from your links on your website. Ive seen the papers about electrophysical basis of intuition and I understand the concepts of cycling universes and lots of other scientific studies you directly quote and base your theories on. But my main objection is not these studies most of them are doing what science does in proper form but rather the way the information is put together and the conclusions that are reached. That's where you take fact A and fact B and theory C and put it together to basically say anything you want about our universe and what might occur on 2012. Also some of the studies you quote are still controversial and may only be a small part of whats going on. For example the studies by Dr Persinger are still a bit controversial.

burnt said:
DMT has already been shown to increase in mice due to stress, to extrapolate further of humans is of my own idea. It makes sense to me. Once again, you obviously didn't read any of the links, as I believe you like to attack people due to your own intellectual insecurities. Just my opinion, I willingly admit that the hypothesis is 'out there', you're simply trying to make yourself out to be better than me, which is okay, but to me, extremely repugnant and actually sad; however, its necessary for your dharma as an ignoramus.

If you read the 2 Electrophysiological Intuition links, perhaps you wouldn't be so obtuse and downright WRONG. These studies are quite conclusive in their findings that we do in fact respond to stress far before we actually feel it.

Eschaton I won't attack you rampantly anymore.

Anyway your right that DMT probably does rise in response to stress, I don't dispute. This has also been hypothesized to happen in humans theres an interesting paper out there on it Endogenous Psychoactive Tryptamines Reconsidered - An Anxiolytic Role For Dimethyltryptamine (DMT) | PDF | Hallucinogen | Serotonin. But why would anything happening on 2012 specifically make DMT increase to such levels that it has a large impact on human functioning? That's really part of the crux as to why I don't buy into anything major happening on 2012.

Now lets say that astrological events can have such an impact on human metabolism because in some ways they do, the moon helps regulate cycles of plants and animals etc. But why DMT? Why would anything happening on 2012 effect DMT specifically and how could it do so without having significant effects on other aspects of human metabolism? I would expect such an event would probably have an impact on lots of neurotransmitter systems and might just outright kill us. I also would expect that for anything to happen being related to "galactic alignment" and "procession" and "solar cycles" would be gradual not on one single day, but I guess the other argument would be to say that it peaks or reaches its most "impactful" level at that day. Events that could have major impacts like cosmic rays, asteroids, comets, whatever could potentially devastate our planet but that can happen anything so its irrelevant for this discussion.

But yes for your information I have read lots of things on your website but not from your links on your website. Ive seen the papers about electrophysical basis of intuition and I understand the concepts of cycling universes and lots of other scientific studies you directly quote and base your theories on. But my main objection is not these studies most of them are doing what science does in proper form but rather the way the information is put together and the conclusions that are reached. That's where you take fact A and fact B and theory C and put it together to basically say anything you want about our universe and what might occur on 2012. Also some of the studies you quote are still controversial and may only be a small part of whats going on. For example the studies by Dr Persinger are still a bit controversial.

I appreciate the change in tone, thank you.

I am not trying to say that anything specific will happen on the given date of the 21st or 2012 at all. What I am merely suggesting is the fact that it could happen at any moment and perhaps the calendar could be a reminder that we do have expiration dates; civilizations, businesses, religions, and lives as well as calendars. That is really all I am suggesting by my hypothesis. I believe that as we approach the date our intuition of the impending event will cause certain peculiarities within the context of our awareness of reality. If such an event were to occur on a planetary level and by invoking planetary I do not mean every person at once, but a great majority, I am suggesting that we would feel something coming, a building of stress in our species that could possibly be driving our current evolution. I am suggesting that we would feel as though we were headed toward an unknowable breaking point and I believe this could manifest as political unrest that would make it seem like there was a possibility of a large scale war between nations. The final ironic nail in our coffin as we are preparing to kill each other for the last of the available resources will be the Great Flood; making us all realize that everything we previously held to be important meant absolutely nothing and that the relationships that we had with the people around us and how we treated them meant much more. I believe the ones who immediately perish realize God, if they are in fact able to, because it will occur relatively quickly and with devastating force.

The effect on metabolism would be from the fact that we will see, literally, fireballs raining from the sky and if you don't think that will trigger a highly elevated level of stress on our metabolism, then I really don't know how else to hold a discourse with you; as we will simply disagree or misunderstand eachother. I believe that this event would trigger a death experience; not simply just "outright kill us", as you apparently think. Nothing on the site claims that "galactic alignment" is involved regarding precession. I am beginning to think that you really haven't read the site, because my writing on precession has nothing to do with the New Age alignment. I have the links to the solar cycles on there, because I find them legitimately interesting and also very ironic that they point also toward 2012. To say that discussion of the effects of a cometary catastrophe is irrelevant, because they could happen at any time is possibly the most ignorant statement imaginable. If you do cherish the life on this planet at all, you would consider it a duty to be aware of such a possibility, as they have shown to be. Being aware of the possibility is basically why we are here; to realize that yes, we will die, and that it could happen at any moment, so we should cherish our time; not flit around with materialism while trying to conquer the universe, which is impossible by the way, through science's inevitable progress.

I think you may have read my website, but browsed mostly with a biased eye, which I understand, because I've been there. I know some of the papers are speculative, while others are tested and are publicly sanctioned. I am not trying to "be right" and claim that I have scientific proof. You clearly are of a different mind than me, and I am not trying to say I am better than you by such a statement, because I realize that the truth is that we all know very little to nothing about the big picture. We clearly differ, because you seem to be on the scientific materialism of inevitable progress side, while I am trying to peddle the exact opposite.

Thank you for your post, I appreciate it greatly.

I personally think the Mayan got tired of making more calender, so they stopped. Think if you had to make a calender in the way they did. I think after making three or four thousand years worth of calender, you'd wanna call it quits.

To say that discussion of the effects of a cometary catastrophe is irrelevant, because they could happen at any time is possibly the most ignorant statement imaginable.

I meant in relation to its effects on DMT production in the human in the sense that we would be either getting killed or working hard to survive which would definatly wake some people up but I think it has little to do with DMT and everything to do with survival (which DMT might be related too neuroanatomically speaking).

Anyway enough from me on this topic for now I apologize for past lashing out I was a bit stressed and took it out on your website for some reason. Then I realized I got angry about a website :roll:

VisualDistortion said:
I personally think the Mayan got tired of making more calender, so they stopped. Think if you had to make a calender in the way they did. I think after making three or four thousand years worth of calender, you'd wanna call it quits.

The calendar doesn't end, it just resets, like an odometer flipping over to 000000 again.

Saidin said:
VisualDistortion said:

The calendar doesn't end, it just resets, like an odometer flipping over to 000000 again.

Didn't a lot of ancient peoples have cyclic calendars like this?

I wonder when linear calendars were invented? The Hebrew calendar is linear but was invented by post-roman Hebrews. Was it a Roman concept?

VisualDistortion said:
Infundibulum said:
Pfffffffffffffff
Here we go again. Why nobody's talking about 2013?

bwt, nice to see burnt back.

Nobody is talking about 2013 because after the spiritual awakening we will turn into telepathic geometric figures and will have no use for numbers, time or counting. This is all back up scientificly of course. My proof is that a machine elf told me this.

Really?

deedle-doo said:
Didn't a lot of ancient peoples have cyclic calendars like this?

I wonder when linear calendars were invented? The Hebrew calendar is linear but was invented by post-roman Hebrews. Was it a Roman concept?

Yeah, most ancient cultures had cyclical calendars. I'm not positive, but I believe the linear calendar in the western world came about in the 1300's with the Gregorian Calendar which we use today, and is highly inaccurate compared to that of the Mayans.

there WILL be a 2013. itll just be different. an no theres not anything in particular that will happen on the 21st. the process has already begun. it started about 70 some odd years ago. december 21st is significant as it marks the day we move into the 5th galactic day (or is it the 6th? i dont remember).

everythingsflashin said:
it started about 70 some odd years ago. december 21st is significant as it marks the day we move into the 5th galactic day (or is it the 6th? i dont remember).

It depends upon the culture, for some it is the 5th, others the 6th.

Back
Top Bottom