• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

2012 Reconsidered; Updated

Migrated topic.
Saidin said:
There is nothing anyone can do to stop whatever is going to happen. All you can do is be prepared for the worst, whether in relation to 2012, or an earthquake, hurricane, tornado or the like. Natural disasters happen all the time, if you are prepared for whatever might happen in whatever place you live, then you have done just about all you can.

In my opinion, the point of many of these 2012 threads, is to attempt to awaken people to the possibilities that surround us. If we are in for an extinction level event, there is nothing we can do, except live our lives the best we can each day, be good to others, tell the ones we care about that we love and cherish them. We should do that anyway, no matter what may lie in the future.

I feel I have a message to share. Find meaning in your life, and love as much as you can. Fear is the enemy, if you give in to fear then you have already lost. Whatever will happen will happen. Be aware. Carpe Diem. That is the best thing you can do for yourself, and for your other selves.

+1

There is no hope in the sense that we are going to miraculously turn things around. I would consider blind hope for humanity to be nothing more than wishful delusion; a direct rejection of the ecological facts. The only hope that we have for ourselves is that we may come to the understanding that whatever is coming is ultimately necessary for our conscious evolution. What many people are suggesting is that we have the ability to somehow grind to a halt the last thousand years or so of historical momentum(not to mention the recently added momentum of scientific progress) which brought us here and that quite simply isn't possible. All of our unconscious actions of the past are a means to an end and this end can grant hope only to those who understand its implications. The vast subjugation of the planet by man not only implies this, but makes such a scenario necessary. We will reap what we sow and what we have sown ourselves is a perfect disaster; one that is ultimately our primary mechanism for awakening.

We have recently come to grips with the temporality of planetary homeostasis, which allowed us to get this "far", and in conjunction with this realization we have discovered that we are simply sitting ducks in the cosmic pond of astrophysical potentialities. We are due for another ice age. And we are due for cometary impact. These are facts. Perhaps our intuitive response of such an event is what we call history; the ugly grapple for understanding before dissolution. We may have hope in the sense that we are capable of coming to the understanding that all of this is ultimately necessary for the greater whole, but first we must own up to our actions collectively, and realize their implications, before we are phased out just like every other civilization based upon materiality. This doctrine of hubris and nemesis is historically established fact. Hope is utterly subjective; mankind as a whole, in my argument, has no hope for its future. This is reflected by our current actions geopolitically, as we are simply maintaining the status quo in the name of inevitable progress. This will not end well. And yet hope truly is in the eye of the beholder.

I always thought of 2012 to be some sorth of myth with little scientific evidence and no real rational foundation. I'm more and more beginning to doubt whether i was too sceptical. Many of the 2012 rumours have at least some foundation. The north and south pole of the earth for instance, like the poles of the sun DO switch every now and then in a cyclyc pattern. With the sun this is every 11 years, and the next switch will be in 2012.

Here's a link to an alternative ending to 2012, but more like another coming (not jesus). Really interesting if you're into ancient history and the old 'gods'

Movie of above, but looks like it was made in the 70s with cult music in the background... lol...

Air Force Observatory Supervisor Astronomer (1990) interview with evidence of above said hiddden planet

richierich_931 said:
Here's a link to an alternative ending to 2012, but more like another coming (not jesus). Really interesting if you're into ancient history and the old 'gods'

Movie of above, but looks like it was made in the 70s with cult music in the background... lol...

Air Force Observatory Supervisor Astronomer (1990) interview with evidence of above said hiddden planet

Hey richierich, have you seen Finding Plant X using Google Earth?

You've gotta check it out if you haven't seen it already!!

WS

I have to switch the infrared filter on & off & on & off as I zoom in to the perfect center of that heat signature to get in to the correct little red star.

But if you zoom in there carefully, then turn off the infrared, you can see the details of the Gas Giant & the planets around it pretty good.

When you do that, you realize the amount of heat that thing is giving off!!

Very cool!

name the man win a prize of 1 gram super rue

Listen.......................................
Come on listen........................................................
Listen now man.
I dunno.....
I dunno....,
Whats gona happen

BUT I TELL YOU THIS

Im gonna get my kicks before.....
before.............................................................................................................
The WHOLE SHIT HOUSE GOES UP IN FLAMES ALRIGHT.

edit
i also tell you no eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn

SWIMfriend said:
Jim Morrison...

I forgot about you my dear friend you spoiled my party:cry:

send me a pm with your adress and i will get the super rue to you
my friend ok

lol lol lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

this is the time i would be slapping mop on his back laughing out of control S F bent over laughing.... me rolling on floor laughing if olny we had real V.R.

gotta love the nexus

3dr edit more and more each day.
and the weekends are hirlarious

right on bro
this cyberspace is strange we had a bad vibe some how i felt it. did you?

I try not to judge but I had a bad feeling for you. Then I or we find much in common now i feel like i have know you for a long time.....

its a bit profound its funny its real

we may be crazy8) if we are thats just fine live and let live do no harm..........

MagikVenom said:
right on bro
this cyberspace is strange we had a bad vibe some how i felt it. did you?

I try not to judge but I had a bad feeling for you. Then I or we find much in common now i feel like i have know you for a long time.....

its a bit profound its funny its real

we may be crazy8) if we are thats just fine live and let live do no harm..........

I'm a hard guy. I have a tendency to send out bad vibes to keep people away...but I don't wish to keep people on the nexus away ;) Everyone here is my REAL brother...

Funny that Jim should make an appearance in my thread.

"I received an Aztec wall of vision
& dissolved my room in sweet derision
Closed my eyes, prepared to go
A gentle wind inform'd me so
And bathed my skin in ether glow

how can we hate or love or judge
in the sea-swarm world of atoms
All one, one All
How can we play or not play
How can we put one foot before us
or revolutionize or write"

Back