• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

5-meo-dmt extraction

Migrated topic.
soulman said:
balaganist said:
I have just successfully extracted from Chacruna with these steps:

1. 3x boil with the plant material (200g Chacruna in my case) and some acid, I used hydrochloric acid to make a pH of around 4.
2. Reduce to a manageable amount of liquid
3. Add lye till it reaches a pH of around 11
4. Add 150-200ml of limonene, shake/stir well for 5-10 mins, let it seperate
5. Seperate out the limonene and keep in another jar/container
6. repeat steps 3+4 two more times
7. Salt out with vinegar or FASA
8. evap to leave your acetate or fumerate

I guess you would not need to freebase if taking sublingually...

This wouldnt yield 5meo though right?

Not sure... I was assuming that limonene would pick up the 5meo as well as the dmt... might be wrong ?

endlessness said:
chacruna has no 5meo AFAIK

Indeed - I was suggesting that perhaps the limenone tek would work on Chali and pull out the 5meo as well as the dmt....

I have thought about doing an extraction with Chali like this but I am not sure about smoked 5meo as I have heard it can be quite hellish if too much is smoked.

balaganist said:
endlessness said:
chacruna has no 5meo AFAIK

Indeed - I was suggesting that perhaps the limenone tek would work on Chali and pull out the 5meo as well as the dmt....

I have thought about doing an extraction with Chali like this but I am not sure about smoked 5meo as I have heard it can be quite hellish if too much is smoked.

Yeah me too, but SWIM is keen to try it sublingually though. This is supposed to be quite a nice experience.

OK, what about if ground up some chali leaves with something like calcium hydroxide, then added a few drops of water to make it into a paste so it breaks down the cell walls.
Leave it to dry and the dose this sublingually??
Would that work?

69ron said:
Oh, by the way, you don’t need to isolate 5-MeO-DMT to get a 5-MeO-DMT trip. You can extract DMT and 5-MeO-DMT from chaliponga or Virola theiodora resin, and then take it sublingually. The DMT will be almost completely ineffective that way, while the 5-MeO-DMT will work really well.

Why is DMT not active sublingually? Just curious. Is there a way to make it active using the sublingual method?

narmz said:
69ron said:
Oh, by the way, you don’t need to isolate 5-MeO-DMT to get a 5-MeO-DMT trip. You can extract DMT and 5-MeO-DMT from chaliponga or Virola theiodora resin, and then take it sublingually. The DMT will be almost completely ineffective that way, while the 5-MeO-DMT will work really well.

Why is DMT not active sublingually? Just curious. Is there a way to make it active using the sublingual method?

Is blocked by MAO? Adding the MAOI? Just asking.

narmz said:
69ron said:

DMT is active sublingually, but only at gigantic doses, like 100 mg and up, while 5-MeO-DMT is active at doses as little as 1 mg. So because 5-MeO-DMT is so potent sublingually, you can take a very large 5-MeO-DMT dose with DMT in the mix and the DMT dose will be too small to do anything at all.

5-MeO-DMT is not very easy to extract. Somehow it gets destroyed easily. SWIM knows this for a fact. He's had highly active Virola theiodora resin, and attempted to extract the 5-MeO-DMT using many methods and nearly all failed to extract anything and yet the resin is highly active and obviously contains 5-meO-DMT.

So I would say the reason that they didn't find 5-MeO-DMT is because they destroyed it in their extraction process. The molecule seems to be very fragile.

The only method SWIM used that ever worked to extract 5-MeO-DMT from any plant is this:

Extract with water made pH 4 with citric acid. Filter. Bring the pH up to 9 with sodium carbonate. Extract with DCM.

NO OTHER METHOD WORKS FOR SWIM BUT THAT ONE. PERIOD. SWIM tried calcium hydroxide, it didn’t work. He tried sodium hydroxide, it didn’t work. He tried solvents like xylene, heptane, naphtha, d-limonene, they didn’t work. It's very hard to extract. The tech needs to be specifically designed to extract it, which is also true for bufotenine to a certain degree.

It’s a difficult alkaloid to extract. So I am not at all surprised by any of those ancient tests where they didn’t find it because they very likely destroyed the alkaloid in their extraction process.

69ron said:
NO OTHER METHOD WORKS FOR SWIM BUT THAT ONE. PERIOD. SWIM tried calcium hydroxide, it didn’t work. He dried sodium hydroxide, it didn’t work. He tried solvents like xylene, heptane, naphtha, d-limonene, they didn’t work.
Did you try methanol? That's the solvent I've seen used in Diplopterys cabrerana extractions, which yields nothing but trace amounts of 5-MeO-DMT.

Evening Glory said:
69ron said:
NO OTHER METHOD WORKS FOR SWIM BUT THAT ONE. PERIOD. SWIM tried calcium hydroxide, it didn’t work. He dried sodium hydroxide, it didn’t work. He tried solvents like xylene, heptane, naphtha, d-limonene, they didn’t work.
Did you try methanol? That's the solvent I've seen used in Diplopterys cabrerana extractions, which yields nothing but trace amounts of 5-MeO-DMT.

No, SWIM hasn't tried methanol.

Lots of people have tried extracting 5-MeO-DMT from various plants known to contain it and failed. It's one of the hardest DMT like molecules to extract successfully. Look at all the failed Virola theiodora 5-MeO-DMT extractions out there. There are literally hundreds of them on the net. And yet, you use the Virola theiodora as is without extraction and it works. So that’s saying something about it either being very instable or just damn difficult to extract.

Anyway, SWIM knows this to be the case from personal experience. 5-MeO-DMT is one of SWIM's favorite alkaloids, and he can easily detect its effects in Virola theiodora, and Chaliponga. But attempt to extract it, and use the wrong tech, and you get no 5-MeO-DMT at all even from highly active Virola theiodora resin. A lot of others have noticed this too, not just SWIM.

Use the tech I mentioned above using DCM and sodium carbonate and the right pH and you'll have success every time (if any 5-MeO-DMT is present of course).

Its interesting that the only info I could find on 5-MeO-DMT's stability only said its incompatible with oxidizing agents and strong acids. Is it possible a lot of people are actually going wrong on the acid step and not on the base step?

Can anybody find any source for 5-MeO-DMT's instability to strong bases/hydroxides or maybe one of the chem experts can explain if that would indeed make sense in terms of it's structure? Also, what would be happening molecularly, maybe if there's any idea what kind of degradation byproducts would be formed ?

endlessness said:
Its interesting that the only info I could find on 5-MeO-DMT's stability only said its incompatible with oxidizing agents and strong acids. Is it possible a lot of people are actually going wrong on the acid step and not on the base step?

Can anybody find any source for 5-MeO-DMT's instability to strong bases/hydroxides or maybe one of the chem experts can explain if that would indeed make sense in terms of it's structure? Also, what would be happening molecularly, maybe if there's any idea what kind of degradation byproducts would be formed ?

Bumping this. I have the same question about 5MEO-DMT and bases, can't find a definite final answer. Joedirt suggested bases are OK. Also, based on this frebasing thread some bases seem OK. Sorry if a definitive has been posted elsewhere. The wiki says it should work even with an A/B. Anyone have any recent experience extracting this molecule? Thank you.

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/5-MeO-DMT#Extraction_teks said:
Extraction teks
Any typical extraction teks for DMT should potentially extract 5-MeO-DMT (but it will also extract DMT together). For separating 5-MeO-DMT from DMT, still no fail-proof method has been developed. Column chromatography will work using acetic acid as an eluent and silica as mobile phase. DMT will elute first (Rf 0.5), then 5-MeO-DMT (Rf 0.6) and bufotenine last (Rf 0.65) (De Bukowski 1974 ref Trout's Notes)

erowid said:
Phalaris aquatica var. stenoptera

(= P. tuberosa var. stenoptera = P. stenoptera)

("Harding-grass", "Holdfast Harding-grass", "Peruvian Wintergrass"Pleased

Introduced cultivar from Australia [This scenario is presented by most. Hortus considers its origin to be unclear.]. Cultivated and naturalized in California and the Pacific Northwest.

Variable amounts. Festi & Samorini 1994 cited Rendig et al. 1970 as finding 135-264 mg of 5-MeO-DMT and 0-60 mg of DMT per ml of expressed juice.

DMT and 5-MeO-DMT are present in foliage [5-MeO-DMT>DMT]. Total indole alkaloid levels hit two peaks of 0.14% in late September and mid November one year but only one peak in one or the other during two other years. In the latter cases; the year with a peak in late September was also around 0.14% while the year with the peak in mid-November was 0.08%. This last year showed some of its lowest values in late September. Their analysis only covered mid September through mid February. Total indolealkylamines were 0.08% or less the rest of the times assayed, with a low around 0.02%. (All values approximate; taken from graphs) Alkaloid levels were found to be markedly different from one month to the next and one year to the next. Rendig et al. 1976.

Back
Top Bottom