• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Research 5-MeO-DMT salts for e-juice

Research done by (or for) the DMT-Nexus community

The Traveler

The Moxylator
Staff member
Admin
Donator
Since we have a great topic about DMT salts for e-juice I thought it would be interesting to make another one for 5-MeO-DMT as well.

Before this I already had made 5-MeO-DMT e-juice with freebase and found it working very well, dosing with the vape was easy and also very handy to slowly dose more of the 5-MeO-DMT as needed for a deep journey.

The only downside of this mix was that I found it to be quite caustic.

So today I did the following:
  • Took 7ml PG.
  • Added 1g 5-MeO-DMT freebase.
  • Stirred well until all 5-MeO-DMT was dissolved.
  • Took a pH sample (see below).

• Calculated that for a 1:1 mol ratio of 5-MeO-DMT with citric acid acid I needed 0.88g of citric acid.
  • I added only 500mg of citric acid to the mix of PG with 5-MeO-DMT and waiting until all was dissolved.
  • I took another pH sample (see below) and thought this pH was good enough and I did not need to add more citric acid.

• After the mix was cooled down, it was sucked up into a syringe, the total volume was slightly more than 8ml.
  • I topped it up to 10ml with VG, then sucked in a bit more air into the syringe so I could shake it well to mix it thoroughly.

Here is a picture of the pH samples, left is for the freebase, right is with the 500mg of citric acid added (so a 1 : 0.5 ratio of 5-MeO-DMT : citric acid per weight):

1711062145725.png

Now that this work is done, I will test it very slowly to see what the effects of this new mix is and how it feels.

1711062947208.png

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Very interested to hear how this goes. The majority of my own 5-MeO-DMT salt + e-juice experience is with fumarate. And as has been mentioned in other threads, the fumarate taste could be described as "foul" lol. Even with the bad taste, I still found it preferable to freebase.

Another quirk of the PG/5-MeO-DMT fumarate mix was that I could only produce a ~7:1 ratio at best. Any stronger would cause the mix to crystallize after cooling to room temperature while in the vape pod. I wonder if citrate has the potential to be stronger.

First results are in: is is very smooth.

No adverse reactions noticed compared to the freebase version, it was an amazing ride.

It is so smooth that the only notice that you vaped it is the typical smell of 5-MeO-DMT when you breathe out through your nose.

The taste is almost none and not foul at all, one thing though: I could feel my teeth more than usual, so it might react with your enamel and I'm not sure how healthy that is, it might be wise to use a good neutralizing mouth wash before and after your vaping session!

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Have you tried increasing your inhale duration? When I exhale there is no vapour. I use freebase + peg400 as carrier.
I did, and somehow I always ended up with this stingy end result on my lips with the freebase, maybe it is not only from the exhaling but also what just ends up in my mouth? When inhaling it already feels caustic to me, though the stinging result on my lips is what made me decide to go the salting route.

Seeing the pH of the freebase compared to the (partly) salted citrate form makes me think that 5-MeO-DMT freebase can indeed be quite caustic on it's own.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Back
Top Bottom