• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

a few questions about proper set & setting for smoking DMT/Changa

Migrated topic.

dMn

Rising Star
Hello,

i smoked DMT and Changa a couple of times. I never really broke through though, i was always in this reality and aware of it. But i were visited by entites. They came into my room, welcomed me, told me that they have so much to show me and that i need to find a way to stay longer. the communication was somehow on a non verbal level. the few times i remembered to close my eyes i saw entities doing their daily buisness in a 4D space. but when opening my eyes i was still in my room (and i was in control of my eyelids the whole time). all my expierences were nothing but beautiful. but somehow i'm super afraid to do it again. and i dont know why and i dont know how to do it properly. no set & setting seems really approiprate to me. do you guys have some advice for me?

kind regards

ps: for some reason ayahuasca never really worked for me (at least not at all visually) even though i took crazy amounts (at one session the guide gave up after giving me the 6. cup... all the other people were totally gone after 1....) does anyone have an explanation for that?

My experiences with DMT have always been quite different from those which you have described, so it's hard for me to relate or offer advice of any kind, but out of curiosity could you elaborate further? Perhaps describe dose and ROA in relation to your experiences, or provide an actual experiance report if possible?

-eg

Hello and welcome :)

I understand your main problem is not being able to find a set and setting that feels "right", and the unnameable fear of using DMT? With these two, I don't think anyone other than you can really help.

The unnameable dread is a very common phenomenon, and it's probably a good idea to embrace it as a reminder to treat psychedelics with due respect. I have it, you have it, my guess is that every responsible user of psychedelics has it to some extent. So don't be alarmed by the fear - but ultimately this is a step YOU need to make.

As for set and setting, well the best set and setting is one that is safe, and makes you feel safe. Like a warm and clean apartment with someone close to you watching out for you... but beyond physical safety, it's all in your head, so if nothing feels right, probably nothing IS right - maybe it's best if you give yourself some time away from the drug.

As for staying longer, you could try various forms of pharmahuasca... ;)

PsyDuckmonkey said:
...As for staying longer, you could try various forms of pharmahuasca... ;)
That, or the in between form: oral harmalas giving you a good maoi (wait for them to kick in like 1 to 1.5 hours) and then vape deems on that. You will be in longer.
:thumb_up:

Again, my reactions to DMT appear to be less typical than those experienced by most:

in my case physical setting is not very important, so long as you are safe and free from unwanted external intrusions, often times I can't tell if my eyes are open or closed, things appear the same regardless...the place I "blasted off" from generally disappears entirely for the duration of the flash...

Though Psychological setting is very important, and can greatly affect what you go through...

-eg

Try it sometime outside in nature as far away from man-made
objects as possible. Different setting do have an effect on the experience for sure. I think it's important. I rarely if ever do it inside a house or building anymore. No music as well.
I think Antrocles said it best on here years ago :
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

Create a space where you feel as comfortable as possible. In your head and in your environment.

It is the most uncomfortable when you are learning the most. Try and relax and know everything will be ok. Some of this is a lesson of letting go.

Courage is going forward and accepting what comes. Don't let all the fears build up into something it's not. It's not a wall. It's not anything. It just an emotional response. Beyond your fears is what you seek. But it's difficult. You have to work for it. Just like climbing a high mountain. Push and go and look for the summit.

entheogenic-gnosis said:
What do you consider a "breakthrough"?

-eg

i thought that a breakthrough is considered as totally leaving the reality one is normally in.

in all my expierences i was still in my reality, it was like the dmt space poured a little in it. i was able to have a peek at the dmt space but i was still here. i thought with a breakthrough i would totally leave.

PsyDuckmonkey said:
The unnameable dread is a very common phenomenon...
i didnt know that it was common. is there an explanation for that?

and for the pharmahuasca/ayahuasca: like i said so far i had no luck. it doesnt work for me. for some reason i'm not very sensitive to drugs. (to give you some examples.. to actually trip on lsd i need 500ug, with mushrooms like 7g dry and so on... basically it's like that with everything i try... makes this hobby expensive lol)
i tried ayahuasca on 3 ocasions with different "shamans" (one time with alberto varela (dont do this, it's a total sellout) each time for 2 nights but it never really worked. i had to puke after a few hours and i felt super peaceful. thats it. no visuals no strange fealings no entitys. it was still enjoyable as i felt so peaceful but i thought the whole what is wrong with me that its not working for me as all the other people had really crazy expierences.

one time i tried pharmhuasca at home (500mg harmala extract, 150mg dmt-goo) but nothing at all happened :( i didnt try another time is i felt i was wasting this stuff on me

and about the location, going outside is not really an option unfortunatly as i live in berlin and it's winter :/ but i'll make my room as cozy as possible and try again.

btw what are your thoughts on dpt? is it smokeable? i have the hcl salt

dMn said:
...ful. but somehow i'm super afraid to do it again.

I think there you have the stone

I'm super afraid of it , although I have been anddd and and I find moments where i'm unafraid become much more quantitative this thought comes to me in those moments and an inner knowing that 'this deeper lesson' that's been waiting for me .. now i'm ready.

DMT has never worked for me, 20-50-100 mgs. nothing. When I'm emotionally clean something happens but the more intense experience is left out for me. Sometimes I dare the spice to give me the full package. This one time my arms fell apart into a void and black mechanical snakes jolted through them fericiously and a light source from outside became a laser beam and 'sort of looked to scan' my abdomen area ,, then felt myself getting pushed into the insides of my brain and this whole experience looked as if someone in Hyperspace said, Nop. You'll be shit scared shitless if we give you the whole show.. I must say it was the most benevolent way of giving someone a hell of an experience I give them that.

god i love spice.

Have you tried going alone? Sort of work yourself up to a good mindset. I can't trip with people who agitate me. Some nice mdma or relaxant usually never fails to get me in the zone. But I prefer to orchestrate a situation where you can relax non-chemically, I think there's where the real fruitful trips happen.

Felnik said:
Try it sometime outside in nature as far away from man-made
objects as possible. Different setting do have an effect on the experience for sure. I think it's important. I rarely if ever do it inside a house or building anymore. No music as well.
I think Antrocles said it best on here years ago :
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

DmnStr8 said:
Create a space where you feel as comfortable as possible. In your head and in your environment.

It is the most uncomfortable when you are learning the most. Try and relax and know everything will be ok. Some of this is a lesson of letting go.

Courage is going forward and accepting what comes. Don't let all the fears build up into something it's not. It's not a wall. It's not anything. It just an emotional response. Beyond your fears is what you seek. But it's difficult. You have to work for it. Just like climbing a high mountain. Push and go and look for the summit.

Just a short note on fear: Don't compare yourself to others. Work from where you are comfortable and find confidence and find that it grows. Hope that helps

dMn said:
i thought that a breakthrough is considered as totally leaving the reality one is normally in.
It kindof is, but that fails to fully describe it in my opinion. The DMT breakthrough is a total collapse of your individual existence, and a very peculiar and unique experience.

dMn said:
PsyDuckmonkey said:
The unnameable dread is a very common phenomenon...
i didnt know that it was common. is there an explanation for that?
I think the sheer power of a psychedelic trip and how it takes away all your comforting anchors to reality is explanation enough. :)

dMn said:
one time i tried pharmhuasca at home (500mg harmala extract, 150mg dmt-goo) but nothing at all happened :( i didnt try another time is i felt i was wasting this stuff on me
I thought you only tried traditional Aya. In this case, you could follow the advice of @entheogenic-gnosis, take an active dose of Harmalas orally, and then smoke DMT over that.

Back
Top Bottom