• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Acacia photo gallery

Migrated topic.

acacian

Guide
Donator
hey all, thought I'd make a thread where people can bask in the beauty of the Acacia and Mimosa species. really been enjoying researching the acacia trees over the past year and along the way have gotten some really nice photos and thought I'd share. Hope to see some photos from all you wattle/mimosa-heads

I'll get the ball rolling... the first four are of Acacia Longifolia .. more to come. This is a good tryptamine candidate if you can find the right strain

img0719zd.jpg

img0718sm.jpg

img0724in.jpg

img0723mc.jpg

below is Mt Buffalo where the very rare Acacia Phlebophylla grows (photos below too).... as well as Acacia Obliquinervia and Acacia Alpina underneath

img0784oh.jpg

img1681cc.jpg

img1679fo.jpg

img1677fe.jpg

img1673k.jpg

img0802o.jpg

img0799l.jpg

acaciaobliquinervia.jpg

img0782fq.jpg

img1689fd.jpg

img1692w.jpg

suspect2.jpg
an acacia found near warrendyte.. originally suspected to be acacia mucronata var. longifolia though the phyllodes aren't erect enough and it has some floribunda qualities. there is some pretty hectic interbreeding between species around warrendyte actually. you can see really easily the way plants vary genetically when there are other plants such as longifolia in the area.

still trying to crack the mystery with this ones i.d .. it was found growing in the new england area of new south whales. I have a feeling its not so common as i've never seen it before anywhere else. one of my favourite acacias i've come across. was first suspected to be acacia complanata but it seems to be something else due to having just one central vein in the phylodes, in comparison to Acacia Complanata which ha several veins running parallel to one another

p7020028.jpg

p7020027.jpg

Hello, could someone please tell me what this tree could be? I was thinking of being an Acacia spp. but looks like some Mimosas I saw in the entheogardens. The photos were taken at night, the leaves "go to sleep". Can take more photos if needed for ID. Did IT come to me ? :) Thanks in advance.

ImageShack - Best place for all of your image hosting and image sharing needs

Anywhere else I can see the pics as it says domain unregistered. To view register at bit.ly/imageshack-domain. Do I need to register to something?? See ever since I moved to asia a lot of pics have the same message. Im not in china btw.

JourneyToJah said:
Hello, could someone please tell me what this tree could be? I was thinking of being an Acacia spp. but looks like some Mimosas I saw in the entheogardens. The photos were taken at night, the leaves "go to sleep". Can take more photos if needed for ID. Did IT come to me ? :)

I'm afraid you can rule out mimosa hostilis, if that is IT. A good ID would appreciate flower pictures, but even without them, it doesn't seem to agree with MH imo. Not only at first look, but also because of a few specific reasons:

- When MH goes to sleep, the leaves fold completely. At first sight you cannot distinguish the individual leaves since they are packed, unlike in your pictures.
- There does not seem to be little thorns in the secondary stems, and MH has them quite visibly.
- The main stem in MH, particularly as you get close to the roots (but often also in secondary stems) is brown-reddish.
- MH does not occur naturally in your area.

Also, the overall aspect of the leaf branches feels somewhat different. A botanist would express that much more properly than I can.

Acacia Longifolia subs. Sophorae.. these particular trees are a little variable in phyllode shape and flower rod colour.. ranging from a brighter yellow to a paler white. some trees have more rounded phyllodes, while others have longer, more 'longifolia' phyllodes

img0938to.jpg

img0906ky.jpg

img0941ud.jpg

img0937u.jpg

.....i posted some pics up a little while ago of a suspected acacia mucronata subs. longifolia on the acacia identification thread. there was a little confusion over whether it was indeed a mucronata subs longifolia, or whether it was a narrow phyllode variant of acacia longifolia. yesterday after finding the tree which I identified as acacia mucronata subs longifolia, i noticed longer phyllode variants in the area extremely similar to the previous tree a few weeks ago, but with pointy more 'mucronate' phyllodes. Both were essentially the same, though the first tree I identified had more erect and shorter phyllodes while the other trees still had slightly more pendulous growth (though still fairly erect) and also slightly narrower phyllodes.. i was thinking that perhaps instead of the tree being a variant of acacia longifolia, that it may be a slight genetic variant of the acacia muronata subs. longifolia? the trees were found quite close to each other .. all in the same state forest

img1160l.jpg

img1165l.jpg

img1179i.jpg

img1166nb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom