• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Advice on large batch extractions

Migrated topic.

00Burnout

Rising Star
Joined
Mar 31, 2018
Messages
50
Merits
52
Normally I use 50-100g of MHRB for my extractions, always using max ion. This last time around I used 200g and it took way too many pulls to get a 2% yield. I know that it's typically more efficient to do multiple small batches, but I'm looking at using a kilo of bark and stocking up.

My question is, is there a way to efficiently do a large batch extraction, or should I just stick with doing multiple smaller extractions? I want to get it done as quickly as possible, since my gf's kids are with us most of the week, granted if the happen across any underway extractions we can just tell them we're making soap. Especially so since I prefer to evap my NPS rather than freeze precipitate. My freezer sucks and is usually packed with food anyway.

I tried searching for answers but couldn't find any topics on large batch extractions, maybe I wasn't using the right keywords. Anyway, thank you in advance. I appreciate all of you.

Much love,
Burnout
 
Please remove the part of your post where you talk about buying MHRB.

One option is to get larger vessels. Other option is to just stick to multiple smaller extractions. It is also true that a very small amount of DMT when vaped properly can last a very long time. For example if you extract 1g of DMT and if a good dose is 35mg of vaped DMT, you have 28 very strong doses and I doubt you'll want to be taking that strong doses all the time. I hope I got my point through clearly.

Have a great day! :)
 
Updated post, thank you.

I'll probably stick with smaller batches in that case. I doubt I have the storage space for a vessel that size. The one I'm using is perfect for 100-200g.

I plan on playing around with pharma, and usually stick with changa over vaporized freebase. I enjoy the depth and clarity that good changa has. Pure freebase is usually overwhelming and I end up back on the ground before I can get past the shock and awe.

My girl and I travel frequently, and I love to share with friends, so 1g doesn't last as long as one would think.
 
Another option is simultaneous multiple extractions, if you can double up (or more) on the vessels you use. You would want to plan the workflow carefully should you choose to proceed with this route. Personally, I think having any more than three on the go at the same time would be excessive, just from a perspective of the likelihood of stuff getting spilt.
 
You could also try a more traditional A/B. STB teks require a large amount of water relative to the source material. But with A/B you can evaporate the combined acid solution pulls down to less space than the source material.

For instance:

150g MHRB
3L total combined pulls of solution
reduce to <1L before basify

Now it all fits in your previous containers.
 
Just curios, what would happen if someone (I.V. Style) dripped the basified thru a warmed non polar solvent letting a layer build up on the bottom of the warmed solvent vessel, then siphoned the basified mix out from under the non polar solvent, (at approx the same rate that it was entering the vessel,) then let the base mix return to room temp then repeated the process? It seems to me that this method would insure that the solvent came into contact with all of the base mix. Then you could maybe even figure out a way to make the process auto essentially eliminating the rolling (bicycle pedal style ) of mixing the solvent and basified mix.? Am I crazy or would this idea work? Any input at all would be greatly appreciated.

Also, would letting the non polar solvent remain heated for the entire process make it so it wouldn’t work as well for some reason.? It seems to me that allowing the base mix return to room temp then putting it thru the warm solvent a few times could even possibly increase yield?
 
I suppose it would work, I think that is called counter-flow extraction or something. But idk if it'd be any more efficient than just mixing vigorously and dealing with the emulsion. There's a few other threads on continuous methods.

Heat isn't necessary but can make the extraction more efficient, since more DMT fits in naphtha the warmer it gets.

Keep in mind once DMT is freebased, it's technically not water soluble anymore. For some reason you can't see it separate in the soup, but if you do a mini-A/B sometime, you'll notice the DMT immediately separates from the water once freebased, generally coagulating into an amber-colored oil on top of the water. So dripping the base mix through the naphtha might be kind of pointless for the bottom 80% of the solution.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom