• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Are there defat processes in these teks?

Migrated topic.

CouchLove

Rising Star
So I have been looking into the following two teks to start out with for an ACRB extraction:

Earthwalkers ACRB TEK 100g

and
Cyb' Hybrid ATB Salt Tek

The two look promising for a novice like myself, but during research, I keep coming across defatting processes to remove NMT from the DMT...

My question is:

Do either of these two teks contain steps for defatting the product?
They both have steps for clean up and RE-X, but are these the same as defatting?

This is not a religion and the teks don't need be taken as gospel as long as you work around the same parameters to a degree of common sense.

Seperating NMT from DMT is hard but I have heard reports of using Dry Ice for doing that, no wait it was Liquid Nitrogen, no wait Dry Ice. Just search for that.

You could try to convert it to DMT-fumarate and that will remove DMT-N-Oxide, still unsure as to whether NMT-Fumarate is formed though.

Defatting occurs AFTER you freeze precip or fan dry. Because bark doesnt contain that many fats like leaves or phyllodes do it is unnecessary. So you make the extraction then you clean up your crystals by doing the same thing using fresh water. best of luck:thumb_up:

fathomlessness said:
Defatting occurs AFTER you freeze precip or fan dry.
Sorry dude but this is incorrect.

Defatting should occur before the freeze. (basically washing the basic soup before pulling and evap or freeze precipitation)

To answer the OP...
No, the teks do not use a defat process.
They use an additional 'Cleanup' process that is post extraction... ie. a Re-X or a 'mini A/B'

A mini A/B is a preferable cleanup step in the case of ACRB as it tends to clean the NMT rich Product to a more 'aesthetically pleasing' white crystal form.

Bear in mind that this 'white crystal' is only for show...the product of both these teks IS the desired product.
Additional 'contamination' or NMT etc is perfectly fine for the purposes of vaporization of leaf saturation.

Or

If you're going to set it on fire and smoke it...don't bother cleaning it up!
It's a waste of your time...

You can defat by redissolving the yield in heptane, which is more selective.

A mass spec could confirm the purity, if that's what you're going for. Can't wait for benzymes results.

For ingestion, the breakthrough doesn't really depend on the the purity as long as it's mainly DMT. Small amounts of other compounds are pretty harmless, and in fact psychoactive in themselves.

No need to over complicate it. This is all assuming you have good quality plant material.

cyb said:
fathomlessness said:
Defatting occurs AFTER you freeze precip or fan dry.
Sorry dude but this is incorrect.

Defatting should occur before the freeze. (basically washing the basic soup before pulling and evap or freeze precipitation)

To answer the OP...
They use an additional 'Cleanup' process that is post extraction... ie. a Re-X or a 'mini A/B'

A mini A/B is a preferable cleanup step in the case of ACRB as it tends to clean the NMT rich Product to a more 'aesthetically pleasing' white crystal form.

Bear in mind that this 'white crystal' is only for show...the product of both these teks IS the desired product.
Additional 'contamination' or NMT etc is perfectly fine for the purposes of vaporization of leaf saturation.

Or

Yes, sorry I got re-x confused with defat. "white crystal' is only for show" is true and indeed give it a few weeks and it will turn yellow or even to goo so I think it is not worth it and just evaporate it on to herb with acetone, you can't see anything then and often the other alkaloids give it an aroma which has been in the passed liken to a south east asian temple... oooooh so warm. :love:

cyb said:
To answer the OP...

Or

Appreciate the input, and the glorious tek you have written up. I am going to be making some changa with the final product, so I guess the aesthetics of the outcome isn't necessarily the main focus...As long as it gets me where I need to go! Thanks Cyb :)

Back
Top Bottom