• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Art Bin

Migrated topic.
Hey guys, I just uploaded a bunch of new works to my art gallery, which is full of my works inspired by psychosis, DMT & LSD.

My style was TOTALLY altered after my first psychotic break (I was suddenly drawing insects, mandalas, and eyes and it went cartoonish)...I'm always surprised by every single drawing because I have no idea how they're going to turn out (I always have an idea in mind and it comes out totally different on paper - it's amazing LOL).

:love:

I just finished painting this. This is how I feel when I take a DMT journey.

Jumping into the abyss!

Attachments

• 20180523_171535.jpg
    20180523_171535.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
Ohm!!!

I had fun painting this one! I think I will do another like it on a larger canvas.

Attachments

• 20180528_123552.jpg
    20180528_123552.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0
I don't really like the way this one turned out to be quite honest. I painted over it already. I think I will try this concept again soon with another approach. I was just farting around a bit! :p

Attachments

• 20180528_210610.jpg
    20180528_210610.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
Man..DmnStr8 that's some beautiful work :thumb_up:

I like the gvg one! :d

thukralandtagra.com said:
Thukral & Tagra

Jiten Thukral
Born 1976, Jalandhar, Punjab, India
Education:1998 BFA, Chandigarh Art College
2000 MFA, New Delhi College of Art

Sumir Tagra
Born 1979, New Delhi, India
Education: 1999 Shankar’s Academy of Arts, New Delhi
2002 BFA, New Delhi College of Art
2006 PG, National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad

The artists live and work in Gurgaon, Haryana (a suburb of New Delhi).

Jiten Thukral and Sumir Tagra work collaboratively in a wide variety of media including painting, sculpture, Installation, game theory and design.
Thukral & Tagra blur the lines between Fine Art and Popular Culture, product placement and exhibition design, artistic inspiration and media hype. Their works comment on the globalization of consumer culture and the repercussions of this as it is being experienced in India today. While both playful and humorous, their works express thoughtful questions about the nature of Indian identity as it is articulated by Indians themselves and projected on to India by the rest of the world.

Attachments

• NM_TTwebsite_020.jpg
    NM_TTwebsite_020.jpg
    323 KB · Views: 0
  • d7hftxdivxxvmcloudfrontnet.jpg
    d7hftxdivxxvmcloudfrontnet.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 0
  • APT6_TT_09_2.jpg
    APT6_TT_09_2.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • anders-sune-berg-august-2012-096.jpg
    anders-sune-berg-august-2012-096.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 2012_NMB_2.jpg
    2012_NMB_2.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 2009_escape-for-the-dreamland_9c.jpg
    2009_escape-for-the-dreamland_9c.jpg
    560.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 0
I finally finished this ~81x81cm wall piece. This drawing is made with pencil and black marker.
tseuq

Attachments

• Mandala2018.jpg
    Mandala2018.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Mandala2018detail.jpg
    Mandala2018detail.jpg
    309.3 KB · Views: 0
Wow a huge post to dig through..... so much good stuff on just this page

@DmnStr8
That one that looks like floating meditation is amazing. i wish i had something like that on my wall.

time to go down the art rabbithole......

SpiceyMeatball said:
@DmnStr8 That one that looks like floating meditation is amazing. i wish i had something like that on my wall.

Way cool of you to say that! Thanks! I will be painting more like it in the future, it was very fun to paint! Learning new techniques everyday!

thymamai said:
I like that one too. The white nebulae of precipitation-like rings in the color.

I painted the canvas when it was very wet with water. I then dribbled alchohol on the canvass and let it dry. It creates those cool cells and rings! I really like the effect this technique creates!

Huh, that's some seriously artistic sh** I didn't know about. Thanks for elucidating just how that effect was achieved. (trusting you to not read any of that as sarcastic). Swim and me, I mean swim and smee both, then.. Totally reminiscent of the cells and rings in a pyrex dish full of smee's evaporated mescaline! This is the kind of stuff I count on, man. You frontiersmen and your good joo-joo.

Just beautiful. 8)

Hugo Simberg, the Garden of Death, 1896
the_garden.jpg

tseuq

Guyomech said:
a few of mine...

First one is an attempt to recreate the feeling of the DMT chamber. I know it falls short in many ways but it's the most involved DMT painting I've done yet.

The second one is intended to recreate an LSD peak on a gorgeous September afternoon.

Third one is a close-to-verbatim image from a psilohuasca trip. I was looking at a smaller, simpler painting of mine, similar subject, during my peak... and saw this.
Do you have a website for your art? It's so amazing.

*EDIT: nvm I found your hyperspacestudios.com
Beautiful stuff.

Okay here's some of mine, almost none of these are finished though:
tumblr_p9qy52wGSX1vl1fu7o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_p9qwv4YfI31vl1fu7o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4qcxhNvVl1vl1fu7o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_p6ma8q6sIT1vl1fu7o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4qdlavHIj1vl1fu7o1_1280.jpg

blyssabyss these paintings are absolutely beautifully strange! I love them! :love:

Did you draw them and then paint?

Do you have any tips for a novice painter like myself?

Thanks for sharing these!

:thumb_up:

Back
Top Bottom