• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Best Yield

Migrated topic.

gmpk

Rising Star
Hi,
I want to know what revisions in the Noman Tek guide I should make in order to yield the most amount of spice. I failed miserably the first two times I followed the guide...but that was probably just me. Some people say that I should add less water and less lye. They say that I should use different ratios. can anyone explain to me what revisions they used to get the best yield possible? or at least something decent? Thank you!!

I've had a ton of success with Noman's TEK, nearly 1% yield, everytime! I'll paste my version of the TEK. Take it with a grain of salt though, this was rewritten for MY mind to understand, which I think everyone should do when they are making DMT because its the best way for you to really understand what you are doing

DISCLAIMER: This Is A Personal TEK, some details were omitted due to general understanding of Nomans TEK.

1.) Fill a Jar with 50g powdered MHRB, 750 ml distilled water and 50g 100% Sodium Hydroxide
2.) Shake the solution for 1 minute and let sit for 1 hour
3.) Warm a water bath to ~110 degrees F (HOT tap water) and set Naphtha in it, let time for heat dispersion to occur, so do this maybe 10 minutes prior to the hour mark of Step 2
4.) Add 50 ml of naphtha to the mixture and swirl and tip end over end for 1 minute, let settle, and repeat 3 more times… Do This Over The Course Of One Hour, Keep Jar Warm in HOT tap water bath.
5.) Separate the two layers, using separation funnel!
6.) Add 5 ml distilled water with a PINCH of sodium carbonate [~8.5 ph] to the naphtha, shake like hell and separate using the separating funnel
7.) Do two more washes with only distilled water… this is to get rid of any leftover lye and give a pure product.
8.) Put top layer in a jar and place in freezer (COLDEST SETTING)
9.) Do Four Pulls. (Repeat 4-8 with warm naphtha of course)
10.) Let the four jars sit in the freezer, with MAX cold setting on, for 24 hours
11.) Now you should have some crystals.
12.) Get a jar, put a funnel in it with a coffee filter, and pour the naphtha through.
13.) Put a lid on that naphtha, use it for next time :)
14.) Let the crystals dry and do what you want with them

then when u can pull no more spice with naptha use xylene and do a fasa on it to get all ur jungle out - and some remaining spice that the naptha missed, which can be quite a lot. - no point in chucking that away.

omg thank you both sooo much!!
I'm going to try this out in a few days. I'll post my results immediately!

i have a question, though. because this method washes out all the impurities, how many mg would be a small, common, and strong dose?

also, i do not own a separation funnel. how long would it take for the naphtha to separate?

If you haven't used it before I'd start off small, 10-20mg though it's not unknown for someone to try smaller. If you don't have scales just start really, really small and work your way up.

You can just suck off the top layer with a pipette or some people use a turkey baster but I wouldn't recommend it. Also not ideal, but has been known to work is a zip seal sandwich bag as a sep. funnel. But it should separate quite instantly, though sometimes SWIM leaves it all in warm water for 10-15 minutes to let the less obvious pockets of solvent to surface.

gmpk said:
how many mg would be a small, common, and strong dose?

also, i do not own a separation funnel. how long would it take for the naphtha to separate?

1)Depends on the person, but 30-50mg is generally said to be a "common and strong" doseage. By eye this may be typically viewed as somewhere around the size of a pencil eraser's worth.

2)Naptha will seperate within minutes. *Also: I have found that gently shaking, stirring, or sloshing the naptha is more effective & less troublesome than if one were to shake it vigorously.

Saidin said:
Best yields I've ever gotten from Mimosa was though FASA. I regularly get a 2% yield using FASA.

oh wow! i'll try that once i've gotten more experience in the extraction processes.

I followed your guide, but instead of using 50g of bark powder, i used 25. I did this because my first xtraction is going to be a test run. I used the correct ratios. I kept the 50mL of naphtha in my freezer for about 48 hours, and i see there are many crystals on the bottom of the jar. The naphtha in the jar is still watery...does this mean that there is still a lot of solvent in the naphtha that needs to be extracted? Should I pour half the naphtha into another jar and freeze it for a few days?

EDIT!
I shook my jar up to stir the crystals before pouring through the coffee filter...and it seems like over half the crystals are stuck to the bottom of the jar.... is there any way of getting them unstuck...besides scraping the bottom with a spoon ? :D

Nope, gonna have to use a spoon, or a spatula. Try to dislodge as many as possible before pouring the solvent into the filter, then you just have to scrape the remainder off the bottom/sides before it gets too warm.

Congrats on your first successful extraction!

DarkShaman said:
gmpk said:
how many mg would be a small, common, and strong dose?

1)Depends on the person, but 30-50mg is generally said to be a "common and strong" doseage. By eye this may be typically viewed as somewhere around the size of a pencil eraser's worth.

Say what? A pencil erasers' worth? Dude, I don't know other people's spice, but with my material that would be more like 250-400 mg, even with my loose, large crystals. Finely powdered, it would be more.

gmpk, if you're extracting 25g of MHRB, you should have no more than 250 mg of spice. Cut it up according to your needs if you don't own a mg scale. It's not a big pile, split it in three piles and work with these on a mirror or such. You could work your way up with 10, 20, 25 and 30 from a single pile in a single day if you're feeling adventurous. Bring a friend to join you (that's the next pile). You'll still have a pile left for more.

Stay safe ok? You could be sensitive to it.

TmC47 said:
Say what? A pencil erasers' worth? Dude, I don't know other people's spice, but with my material that would be more like 250-400 mg, even with my loose, large crystals. Finely powdered, it would be more.

Simply an observation that I've heard used on more than one occasion. In addition, an exact 50mg pile of my fluffiest, clearest peruvian-flake style magic appears to easily fit into the category of being "approximately the size of a pencil eraser" when dropped onto my acculab high-precision 300g x 0.001g digi. As I mentioned, though, this is merely an observation.

I just poured the naphtha through a coffee filter into another jar. Then, I scraped up all the remaining crystals on the bottom and sides with a spoon. This wasn't really effective...but I got a lot out. I blew on the naphtha i just poured through and its clouding a lot!...so i popped it back in the freezer. Should I let half of the naphtha evap. first?
I'm letting the crystals dry now and I will weigh them out tomorrow. I have a scale that measures to 0.01g so I don't have to eye out anything.
Should I vaporize the spice or smoke it in a bowl? I assume it will be harsh either way...
Thank you all for your help!! I really appreciate it!!

DarkShaman said:
Simply an observation that I've heard used on more than one occasion. In addition, an exact 50mg pile of my fluffiest, clearest peruvian-flake style magic appears to easily fit into the category of being "approximately the size of a pencil eraser" when dropped onto my acculab high-precision 300g x 0.001g digi. As I mentioned, though, this is merely an observation.

Maybe the eraserheads are larger over here. A needle with a length of 4-5 mm is about 15 mg with me. Perhaps we are misunderstanding each other: I take it you mean the volume of a pencilhead? Or is a pile with a like sized cross-section meant? I use a Analytical Mettler BTW (0.1 mg), got it cheap. But it sounds like it's dying on me sometime soon, buzzing away loudly. :(

@gmpk:
Well, you have a 10 mg scale. I was just worried you'd blow your head off.

ahhh!!
So i measured out the crystals and got about 210 mg. I separated the crystals into two 30 mg doses and left the rest in a vile. I made a vap. out of a lightbulb and vaped the dimitri. I took two large hits and....they were quite painful. I held it in for about a minute each hit....but nothing happened! I felt light headed and my throat...omg....was on FIRE! I drank a gallon of water after taking both hits. My friend took his share and he said he saw colors and "felt weird"...
What happened?? We both had about two cups of coffee before....maybe that lessened the effects? Also, the spice wasn't washed and I didn't shake it up with sodium bicarbonate...so maybe I inhaled more filth than dmt?

maybe the vapping was wrong, or maybe 30mg is too little. try 50, and try smoking in a water bong (improvise one if you dont have), sandwiched between ashes. Smoke will be smoother also. Take three hits at least, or just smoke till there is no more, indeed holding for at least 20 seconds each. Dont stop smoking even if you already feel the effects, smoke until you physically cant/dont understand smoking. It will work you can be sure

My koala is having the same problem.
He made a vaporizer out of a lightbulb and eyeballed ( still no scale ) doses ( he tried match's head and a pencil eraser size doses ).
Harsh smoke, taste like burning plastic, lightheaded ( had to lye down one time), but nothing besides that.
Actually when he lied down he felt like he was on a bed of waves ( it's hard to explain ). It was a very new and relaxing sensation that lasted less than 1 min.
My koala doesn't know if it was a real effect or just placebo.
He's gonna go and buy a decent little bong or pipe to smoke it, he got tired of wasting unknown doses of the precious powder and failing everytime with the lightbulb.

Psyckoz: sucks doesn't it? i feel like i'm wasting the spice....
endlessness: ok, i'll try using that method...but should i ammonia wash the spice i have left?

also, i'm thinking about investing in a separatory funnel...where is the cheapest i can buy it from? i am located in the US and A

no ammonia wash, its very problematic and unnecessary. if you are just gonna smoke the dmt, then just smoke in a bong and this will guarantee no caustic soda goes to your lungs (it doesnt vaporize at temperatures reached with your lighter, but even if some solid small particles came through, they would stop at the water of the bong.

ahh, endlessness, i will try that...but i'm still confused as to why I experienced no effect whatsoever! it was a lot of spice, too...especially for a newcomer.

a lot of people report no success with the lightbulb method. A very big part of the whole deal of dmt is the technique for smoking. SWIM has seen several people that take one or two hits, let the smoke go too soon or start coughing, leave a lot still to be smoked, and then complain they dont feel much. One has to go with full courage, slow and steady big puffs, holding a lot. Also DMT can degrade without vaporizing if the heat is direct, thats why sandwiched between ashes is a good option

30mg for SWIM is not enough anyways, 50mg is a good dose

Back
Top Bottom