• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

[Brainstorm] Questions for Dr. Strassman Interview

wearepeople

Rising Star
OG Pioneer
Hi Everyone,

We will be having an email based interview with Dr. Rick Strassman for The Nexian e-zine!

Please use this thread to contribute questions for the interview.

Happy Thinking,
wap

Hmm well first I'm sure most of us are familiar with his latest study on rats. Did he test other areas of the rat brain (other than the pineal) for DMT ? And if not does he think it may be present elsewhere as with humans ?

And the obvious question... what are his plans for future investigation or experimentation? Usually that's a juicy open ended question to ask anyone I guess.

What will it take to understand the role DMT plays in the brain and body? What obstacles specifically will have to be overcome to make this clear?

Well...

How does one go about volunteering for future studies? Hehe

Do you have any data that could lead to an understanding of why some people have a natural tolerance, requiring more DMT to be administered in order to achieve the same effects as others who do not?

How do you feel about DMT essentially "going viral" via the The Spirit Molecule documentary? What kind of influence have you noticed DMT having on popular culture over the last couple of decades as it's become increasingly popular and accessible? What do you think the implications are for the future as this molecule seeps ever deeper into the collective cultural consciousness?

What piqued your interest in the Hebrew Bible and led you to believe it would be a good model for interpreting the reports of your research subjects for your new book?

What are your thoughts on the current renaissance in psychedelic research? Where would you like to see it go and what kind of role do you envision for these substances in the medical, social, spiritual, political, and cultural paradigms of the 21st century?

What do you think about Burning Man and the role entheogen inspired visionary and transformational art plays in the world today?

What advice could you offer to those aspiring to research DMT?

How did you learn the methods of research?

What skills of aspiring (at home) researchers most benefit the psychedelic community at large?

How did your research start? What was the driving force behind dedicating so much energy to the research of DMT?

Why have 5-MeO-DMT, bufotenine or other active endogenous compounds been often ignored as potential `spirit molecules`, if they are also present in normal metabolism, very potent and could induce strong psychedelic experiences?

Do you think people entering altered states through breathing exercises may be related to DMT/other tryptamines production in the lungs since INMT enzymes have been found to be present there?

Have you ever read the DMT-Nexus forums and seen the different projects we are working on, such as the different novel analysis of ethnobotanicals and research subforum, the e-zine, the activist CEL project, hyperspace lexicon, etc? If so what do you think about it?

How do you feel when people take your words literaly and treat speculations or hypothesis as an established Truth, such as the ideas that DMT may be related to dreaming, near death experiences, etc? Have you considered any strategies to prevent this from happening?

One of the latest researches into endogenous production of active compounds in the pineal in which you are involved has been described by some as a proof of DMT production in the pineal gland. Nevertheless our own Nexus experts disagree with that conclusion and think due to methodology, it merely shows presence, not production, and have laid their criticism/analysis here . What is your take on it?

endlessness said:
How do you feel when people take your words literaly and treat speculations or hypothesis as an established Truth, such as the ideas that DMT may be related to dreaming, near death experiences, etc? Have you considered any strategies to prevent this from happening?

Piggy-backing off this question: Have you evolved in your position at all in regards to DMT and dreaming or DMT and death?

In addition to aliens and carnivals, ancient cultures such as Hindu and Egyptian iconography, temples, deities and such are additionally a prevalent feature for many in hyperspace. Do you have any position or thoughts on this matter?

Has he ever commented on his own experiences with dmt?

I'd be interested in hearing his own recollections. I know he didnt mention anything of the sort in the Spirit Molecule.

Has he ever commented on his own experiences with dmt?

I'd be interested in hearing his own recollections. I know he didnt mention anything of the sort in the Spirit Molecule.

I think this question is a bit difficult. When he answers positive it will influence his credibility, eg every one that wants to, can discredit his research easily (politicians) if he would admit to the use of psychedelics.

"what do you think of the culture that has arisen around dmt?/cultural implications of 're-discovering' dmt?"

"do you think scientific research regarding dmt might lead to a more scientific understanding of consciousness, and its relation to the brain?"

Where do you see the "psychedelic" community in 10 years from now? Do you think the world is ready to open up more to these compounds and their beneficial role?

Dr Strassman,

Could you expand on your recent work relating the DMT experience to your study of the Hebrew Bible? Many in the community find abrahamic religions offensive (to put it lightly) and now you seem to be joining psychedelics with traditional monotheism. What gives?

"Dr Strausmann, if you were a tree, which tree would you be?"

"Dr Strausmann, what do you think is the most fun word or name to be said? I personally like to say the country Djibouti, how bout you?

That is all I can come up with.

Rw

Back
Top Bottom