• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

chat endlessly reloading

Migrated topic.
Okay, I will try describing my chat problems, though they may be complex.

Often, when I enter the chat, it looks normal except there is the "Loading" in big letters up top overlayed some chat messages, but definitely not all of them, because they end somewhere around the middle of the screen. The box where I type into is truncated.

I type something into it and enter, and voila! "Loading" goes away, and all the messages are there, or so it seems.

There are no further message entries UNTIL I type something and send it. Once my message is sent, a bunch of other messages appear *before* the message I just sent. This goes on for a few minutes, while nobody seems to be responding to or reading my messages. After 5 or so minutes, the screen goes blank and then refreshes to the same thing, back to the beginning.

Except it's not the same thing, it's a set of different messages from a different time period, not relating at all to what I was just responding to. Sometimes it's live, sometimes it's not.

It's very frustrating. Near-Kafka-esque, I dare say.

For what it's worth we could see your messages on the other side, it seems you couldn't see ours though.

It might help to add what browser you are using, and any extensions that might be causing issues (script blockers like noscript for example).

dreamer042 said:
For what it's worth we could see your messages on the other side, it seems you couldn't see ours though.

It might help to add what browser you are using, and any extensions that might be causing issues (script blockers like noscript for example).
Chrome. Over the years it's gone back and forth which browser the chat works on (It used to be Firefox).

Part of the issue might be that I'm on a computer from 2011--a lot of funkiness I'm dealing with (mostly due to low funds, but I also seem to enjoy funkiness).

I think the only extension I'm using is ublock origin (adblocker).

Confirmed - it went weird after a private tab was opened with me by another member. It already displayed some bizarre behavior such as private tabs not closing, and not being visible to the member that opened them. As well, when trying to close the errant tab, it would instead close tabs at the other end of the chat window.

I'll attempt a reset at the various levels until something works. Now, where's that manual?

[Edit: nope, no luck there :( ]

anrchy said:
ahhh its...

logo.png

Lol, that's what I was thinking.

I thought it was just me too.

I guess I'll wait. ^-^

This happened to be the other day. Problem resolved itself after 12 hours. It was happening on both my laptop and mobile device.

widderic said:
This happened to be the other day. Problem resolved itself after 12 hours. It was happening on both my laptop and mobile device.
Be assured, the problem was at our end. One day we'll have it fixed so that a different problem with the functioning of the chat can bother us!

Back
Top Bottom