• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

For chats sake: some small future changes

The Traveler

The Moxylator
Staff member
Admin
Donator
In old the chat @Pandora and I were chatting about how we could integrate the old chat into the new platform, this since the old chat gives most people still the best "at home" feeling. This will then give our "new chat team" more time to optimize the new chat while everybody can still use the old chat on the new platform.

This is how the old chat will be integrated into this platform:
  • In the old chat a new login panel will be created, where you have to login once. It will then verify your credentials through the API of the new platform.
  • Once logged in, a cookie will be stored with a timeout of two weeks; meaning you only need to login again if you have been away for longer than two weeks.
  • As a consequence of this change that is not here yet, Pandora mentioned that new members on the old forum should be promoted to full member or else they would now be stuck in the "Welcome area".
    Due to this I now promoted all new members on the old forum to full member!
  • Speaking about welcome area: once we connect the old chat to this new platform, we will remove the "Welcome area" channel, this since all accounts on the new platform are full member by default.

The plan for this change is to be finished next weekend.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

i get this error when trying to make an account on old website to see chat

"Account creation error
Incorrect or missing confirmation code."

i put "N,N-Dimethyltryptamine" as the answer to "Where does DMT stand for?"

Slight update: due to other high priority work I could not implement this change yet.

New ETA is tomorrow; I'll double check the new code, test a little more and then put it live. I'll pop in there at times during the day to check if all works as it should.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Hi all,

The link to the chat is now back to the old chat (see OP for reasoning why).

When you now go to the chat, you might get a login page first. When this happens use your credentials for the new forum to login!

Also, if you notice issues with this new setup then please let me know in this topic.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

New members that only have an account on this new platform (and thus not on the old forum) will still have an issue getting into the new chat.

ETA to resolving this is tomorrow.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

hey - chat not working. is this a known issue?
clicking on Chat in the menu bar opens a new page at Login, which looks like the layout of the old chat, but there is no members list on the right side and none of the side buttons work. Typing and sending a message doesn't have any effect. The following error is printed in the browser console (latest Firefox):

Code:
Content-Security-Policy: The page's settings blocked the loading of a resource at eval ("default-src").Source: HTMLElement.prototype.focus = ((realFocu…

Activating the dropdown menu under Chat and selecting the Chat item opens a blank popup window at https://forum.dmt-nexus.me/chat/fullpage. No error in the Browser console.

Same outcomes in Chrome, except (oddly) no errors in the Console.

Have tried Private mode and the "CORS Everywhere" browser extension, no improvement.

Last edited:
hey - chat not working. is this a known issue?
clicking on Chat in the menu bar opens a new page at Login, which looks like the layout of the old chat, but there is no members list on the right side and none of the side buttons work. Typing and
Just to be sure: You did login at that login page with your username and password for the new platform, right?

Kind regards,

The Traveler

I cleared the cookies for chat.dmt-nexus.me and I got this login page again. I logged in, then same result as before. am I actually the only one having this issue?
Can you post a screenshot of this "empty" chat so I might analyse it?

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Back
Top Bottom