• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Colorimetric test results (Marquis, Mecke, Ehrlich, etc) for different alkaloids

Migrated topic.
Not going to claim the highest quality ingredients but a decent reference, especially to confirm the zinc reduction actually changed things :)

Attachments

• reagent.png
    reagent.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Cheers Merkin that's an awesome reference.
My Marquis reaction was not that green bit more on the light yellowy brown side, I went the magnesium reduction route and had a few issues, so this has me thinking i didn't quite get the complete reaction. Although the THH roba reaction was very different than the harmaline for me.

Loveall said:
_Trip_ said:
As cielo is popular now I just wanted to add mescaline citrate. Similar to changes Mesc HCL.

I love the Marquis color. Dancesafe folks have commented on how clean/strong it is when testing CIELO xtals :)

Yup, its a pleasure to see, almost instantaneous and such a clean, vibrant orange.

Attachments

• IMG_1293.jpg
    IMG_1293.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 0
merkin said:
Loveall said:
_Trip_ said:
As cielo is popular now I just wanted to add mescaline citrate. Similar to changes Mesc HCL.

I love the Marquis color. Dancesafe folks have commented on how clean/strong it is when testing CIELO xtals :)

Yup, its a pleasure to see, almost instantaneous and such a clean, vibrant orange.

I've updated the CIELO TEK with this image (800x600 pixel crop to fit on the wiki page). It is beautiful. Looks like a fire.

merkin said:
Not going to claim the highest quality ingredients but a decent reference, especially to confirm the zinc reduction actually changed things :)

Markin does the THH/ Marquis eventually go from green to brown after 5-10 mins?

Hi _Trip_ - I wasn't sure so I did a test - so yes, it eventually heads into the yellow-brown zone then almost all brown/darkbrown.

This is the progression roughly:

*Disclaimer - sample of home-made THH by an untrained 'chemist' :)

Attachments

• thh_marquis.jpg
    thh_marquis.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 0
_Trip_ said:
Awesome, I just did a zinc reduction and had the same results. Thanks Merkin.

Interesting observation about this:

I bought some THH from Liftmode (I hope I am able to say that? THH is US legal, right?) and I tested it with Marquis as well. The same result.

I was always curious about the yellow component which I get every time. I chalked it up to the fact that my tek and experience in these things was on the beginner/inexperienced side and there was some unreacted harmaline/harmine causing that. I was quite surprised to see almost exactly the same result with their THH. So the yellow component of this seems to definitely be a feature?

I remember reading on nexus that marquis test for THH was green. So more accurately it is yellow + green (+ brown) - the latter the color it eventually becomes with time - and most likely the mixing of the green and yellow.

The other interesting thing was that the color of the Liftmode THH was on the pinky/orange side. I remember one time getting an almost pink result from one of my own zinc conversions. Normally I get a whitish result (much more white than the harmaline). I posted about that somewhere. This gives me a little more confidence that I am not THAT much of a kemikal klutz :)

Attachments

• thh.jpg
    thh.jpg
    708.9 KB · Views: 0
Thanks for testing Merkin these results are Identical to mine, makes you think homemade THH via zinc really gets a high conversion rate. I definitely had the yellow with the green initially before turning to brown. Thanks again for posting the commercial bought THH makes me feel better about stacking my THH with some harmala.

What colors would be produced when using Marquis, Mecke, Ehrlich and Hoffman reagents on DMT salts such as DMT acetate (extracting using vinegar)?

Zalkonian said:
What colors would be produced when using Marquis, Mecke, Ehrlich and Hoffman reagents on DMT salts such as DMT acetate (extracting using vinegar)?
First post of this thread:
Acetate anion should not affect the results. More complex organic anions will only interfere with a given reagent if the contain a relevant functional group.

Back
Top Bottom