• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

could we have a realtime chatbox pweze?

Migrated topic.
I think there was a discussion about this not too long ago.

It would be a lot of work for The Traveler, it would be hard to moderate, and we would loose a lot of possibly good information.

I still think it's not the best idea...but its not my call.

blah, I was just wanting to have a normal conversation with you guys. Because the forum kinda forces the chat into various categories.

Rather than a chatbox, I'd highly recommend an open IRC chat channel. There is one active for another forum I frequent and it's a great little add-on for people with some time to kill and ideas to ponder. They're really simple to create and I can speak with a friend of mine about writing/letting me borrow his code for a chatbot so that the channel can stay open even if no one is currently active within.

Any support?

i think a nexus irc would be a great addition :) cool idea, LiquidxTrance. though we would have to make sure to remember and post relevant info that goes on in discussions pertaining forum matters. this place is such a information and research gold mine.

@Traveler!

Hey Man, no stress...

My buddy moderates another forum with a shoutbox and it really isn't that much of a hassle to implement into the forums.

If you need help I'm sure there would be many members here that would help you with the 'dirty work'. I think that a shoutbox would be a wonderful thing to have here at DMT-Nexus. What my buddy does too is adds a "Shoutbox Moments To Remember" section to the forums, where people can copy and paste helpful, ground breaking, or just plain funny conversations, that way everyone can be a part of it.

I'm down with it.

As long as people still remember to post all of the goodies, and important things we talk about.

Would it be possible just to log the conversations?

Yeah you go ahead and log your irc convos, that way if they bust you they have a nice record of all our ip addresses and conversations.

SWIM is in support of a chat option. sometimes you just get on a roll with someone and want to ask a couple q's and get some a's pronto.....

you know, i was just thinking how nice it would be to have a chat feature. That way immediate frustrating questions can be simply solved.

Back
Top Bottom