• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

could we have a realtime chatbox pweze?

Migrated topic.
Bad idea if you're thinking of having a channel on a public irc server (that you don't own) for discussion of illegal drugs.
You're making the man's job ten times easier and it will probably get more negative attention than positive.
You could make your self anonymous if you wanted to, but I don't think many people at the nexus would know how to tunnel securely through multiple boxes over various countries.

The Traveler can be forced to hand over logs of the nexus (IP address and all) at any time, you're in trouble if anything you've wrote can be used against you.

tolu said:
The Traveler can be forced to hand over logs of the nexus (IP address and all) at any time, you're in trouble if anything you've wrote can be used against you.

Doesnt 'the man' need a warrant for this?

goin get raped!

52704_hueg3.jpg

52704_hueg3.jpg

52704_hueg3.jpg

52704_hueg3.jpg

52704_hueg3.jpg

52704_hueg3.jpg

52704_hueg3.jpg

52704_hueg3.jpg

52704_hueg3.jpg

52704_hueg3.jpg

52704_hueg3.jpg

52704_hueg3.jpg

nibpack said:
tolu said:

Doesnt 'the man' need a warrant for this?

He does needs a warrant but The Netherlands isn't the hardest country to get one alas.

tolu said:
Bad idea if you're thinking of having a channel on a public irc server (that you don't own) for discussion of illegal drugs.
You're making the man's job ten times easier and it will probably get more negative attention than positive.
You could make your self anonymous if you wanted to, but I don't think many people at the nexus would know how to tunnel securely through multiple boxes over various countries.

Would this be any different than the way the forums currently work? I mean, couldn't he be forced to hand over the ip addresses of everyone who visits this site if someone had a warrant?

I dont think a chat would be any risk legally but what it has done on my site is make the forums less interesting and slower.
When ppl have a question they would much rather pop into chat and ask it to get a quick answer and thats fine and dandy for that member but what about tomorrow when the next noob urgently needs help for the same problem, the long time memba's need to explain it all over again, whereas if posted as a thread its there for all to see.
Chat is nice for members to get to know each other but it does slow the forum down, so perhaps a vip chat kinda thing for long time members ? ajax chat is a nice system that is easy to incorporate into an allready running site, anyone in the channel can see who else is on and the buffer can be set to like 10 mins or 100 lines or something so there is none of the risk associated with logs.

The only problem I have with the IRC route is the fact that you are connected to a public server on the global IRC network which is known for script kiddie bs. I would suggest a simple private IRC on the same or a chat add on to whatever prog YAF etc. I will not be connected to the undernet sorry, but its terrible IMO.

I have a webpage. If someone wants to give me the source to upload online... I will try to do it and host it. We really need an active chatroom.

I am all for a chat feature. I really don't think it is that complicated as I have some friends that run a few fishing sites and if they can do it, I am sure you guys can.

If these forums are run on a linux box I can add a web-based chat :p Ive done it before but I doubt anyone is gonna give a stranger a shell account. Just something like http://www.dmt-neuxus.com/chat. (add the app to a new dir off the www dir. They arent hard to do. If its windows, I would have to do some research but I am confident I can do just about anything with a server.

Back
Top Bottom