• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Degradation of freebase DMT

Migrated topic.

nigl

Rising Star
Joined
Apr 25, 2012
Messages
59
Merits
42
Hello,

Does anyone know how to store/if you can store freebase DMT for a long period of time (e.g. 1-2 years). Does it degrade at air/moisture?
I was thinking in an amber glass vial that is inside a bigger bottle filled with CaCl2.

Anyone knows anything about degradation of DMT at room temperature and what the products are?

Thanks in advance
 
I used to wonder about this a lot. Worried about letting something so magical degrade and go to waste.

Truth is I learned it's more stable than I am.
:surprised

Any degradation at all will be in the form of DMT-N Oxide which is still very active.

You could anways convert it to fumarate if your looking for looooong term storage.
 
I did have an experience with some orange crystal freebase losing almost all of its strength. First, I had a helluva strong experience with it, one of my most potent ever, so that's where it started. After 3 years in non-climate controlled storage (it gets hot and muggy here for a big chunk of the year) I fired up a generous bowl of the same, and got barely a twinkle. Temperature fluctuations can cause molecules to break down... But I think that if you can keep that to a minimum you'd be fine.
 
Sure... as with just about anything try and store it in a cool, dark, dry, airtight space and it should help slow degradation.
 
Okay, that sounds very good. I'm just asking because somy tryps (especially freebase) degrade quite quickly (for instance 4-Acetoxy-DMT)
 
Back
Top Bottom