Balancing the Elements Through the Breath
If you are into mysticism, all you need is Vajrayana (both Tibetan and Japanese branches will do). People tend to make stuff so esoteric that they lose sight of the goal on the way. Read "The Magic of Vajrayana" by Ken McLeod. Even if you do not practice it, this book will give you many practical insights into mysticism.Ommani you seem pretty well versed and mention Buddhism frequently, what do you think of this guy's book (it's short) ?[Internet Archive Link = Dark Zen by Zenmar (1995)]
I have heard this ! but never progressed to investigating. I will read that book tonight =D Feel free to share any book reco s anytime @northapeIf you are into mysticism, all you need is Vajrayana (both Tibetan and Japanese branches will do)
Ommani you seem pretty well versed and mention Buddhism frequently, what do you think of this guy's book (it's short) ?[Internet Archive Link = Dark Zen by Zenmar (1995)]
Yes, this author does the deception wherein he pretends he's too cool for Buddhism/Zen and then immediately says, "But I'm the Real Thing." to me this person and his site ; it's geocities fluff from 1997 but it stuck in my head because there are good instructions inside.It's hard for me to say without reading the whole book, but I'm not sure about the extent to which it corresponds to Buddhism/Zen, as it is commonly understood. In essence, when I see someone dismissing an entire tradition and saying that their interpretation of it is the correct one, my inclination is to look elsewhere, especially when the person in question doesn't appear to represent an established lineage.

These are really good ! You were talking about Citadel of Awareness with Thubten and Dzogchen? I found a copy of The Lamp That Enlightens Narrow Minds on walmart.comWhen it comes to Vajrayana (Buddhist tantra)/Tibetan Buddhism, Anam Thubten is probably my favorite teacher. He's got lots of great books, including one that is specifically about Dzogchen, which is generally considered the most advanced (non-dual) form of Tibetan Buddhism, corresponding to Mahamudra (Dzogchen is part of the Nyingma school of Tibetan Buddhism, while Mahamudra is related to the Kagyu school).
Chogyal Namkhai Norbu is another Tibetan Buddhist teacher
alsoThese are really good ! You were talking about Citadel of Awareness with Thubten and Dzogchen? I found a copy of The Lamp That Enlightens Narrow Minds on walmart.comalso
I saw a link to that and was shocked , it was so unexpected. I'm going to watch one for sureAnam Thubten gives live talks around twice a month that can be watched through zoom
Malcolm studied within the Sakya lineage, which is a philosophy-oriented branch of Tibetan Buddhism. Later on, he met the late Namnkai Norbu, and the rest is history.Shaiva Tantra vs Dzogchen - The Ultimate Showdown
@northape I think this is the scholar you posted the article by, yes? He seems to know a lot more about Buddhism than he does about psychedelics haha While I can’t say that I feel too drawn to either of these guys as spiritual teachers, I very much appreciate the scholarly/historical knowledge they bring to these topics.
