• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Dispatch from PNW mushy season fall 23

Migrated topic.

null24

Mycovenator
Couple pics from the last few days. Season has really picked up here recently with great weather conditions. The soaked ground and warm temps really brining them out even this late in the year.
Came across a giant patch of either cyans or subs, possibly both-not sure. EDIT: Ps. Allenii (TY John)
Also been a good year for gyms, azzys and ovoids here in town.

MAXIMUM MOISTURE YIELDS MAXIMUM RESULTS

Attachments

• IMG-8181.jpg
    IMG-8181.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231211_181917.jpg
    20231211_181917.jpg
    304.5 KB · Views: 0
More pron:

Attachments

• MUSHGOJI+VS+TINYSLUG.jpg
    MUSHGOJI+VS+TINYSLUG.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • GYMGOJI.jpg
    GYMGOJI.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG-8182.jpg
    IMG-8182.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 0
  • MUSHCULT+HUNT-11.jpg
    MUSHCULT+HUNT-11.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • Amanita+Cluster.jpg
    Amanita+Cluster.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
Beautiful! What is that specimen where the bear figure is exercising its pet slug?

Love the background for the last pic - please put me on your list :thumb_up:

That’s no bear- it’s a minigodzilla, or more accurately, Mushugoji! And that’s an azurescens with the tiny slug. Never found them before in the city. Must’ve come across someone’s patch early in the season before they checked it. Oops. :lol:

Pics:
1. Ps. Azurescens
2. (I think it's a) gymnopilus luteus
3-4. Ps. allenii
5. Amanita muscaria

After last years miserable season this one has been producing with a vengeance up here in the good ol PNW. No freeze yet, lots of rain and warm temps really have things going. Although what that means for climate change and this summer is something I don’t really want to think about.

And haha, wish you were local, these are indeed my holiday gifts, they are for sharing!

null24 said:
That’s no bear- it’s a minigodzilla, or more accurately, Mushugoji! And that’s an azurescens with the tiny slug. Never found them before in the city. Must’ve come across someone’s patch early in the season before they checked it. Oops. :lol:

Pics:
1. Ps. Azurescens
2. (I think it's a) gymnopilus luteus
3-4. Ps. allenii
5. Amanita muscaria

After last years miserable season this one has been producing with a vengeance up here in the good ol PNW. No freeze yet, lots of rain and warm temps really have things going. Although what that means for climate change and this summer is something I don’t really want to think about.

And haha, wish you were local, these are indeed my holiday gifts, they are for sharing!
Wow, I never seen such a long slender P. azurescens 😁 ! In regard to the Gymnopilus: a quick way is to check the smell where the gills should smell anise and the spore print should be light rust-brown.

(In any case, it isn't a deadly Galerina marginata because it lacks a ring)

Back
Top Bottom