• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

DMT Crystalization?? First timer/n00b

Migrated topic.

hazeyxox

Rising Star
Hello friends!~
So I had this dream recently..
and in my dream I attempted dmt extraction for the first time. I used ACRB, which i've read really likes to give people problems.
Anyways I used the lazymans tek, mixed with a little bit of trial and error lol, and I've ended up with yellowish/amber globs of the good stuff. You see my small problem? Globs. I understand that the goop is totally smokeable, but I would really appreciate a nice, thorough, step by step guide on how one could turn the goo into either the powdery texture or crystals :) It seems like I've looked all over and just can't find one that makes sense to me.
Your help is appreciated! <3

Strange...

So this was an actual dream?

Or was this one of those "swim" type deals?

Either way, ive found its best to be direct and straight forward in your inquiries, and avoid all this "swim" or "someone I know" or "I did it in a dream" nonsense.

All the information is here.

Research is key, I would actually suggest that you research and fully understand the materials that you would be working with, as well as the chemistry and properties of the compounds that you wish to obtain, before ever actually attempting to preform an extract.

If there's something in particular you are struggling with, you can always post,though it helps to be as specific as possiblet.

-eg

I don't understand what the SWIM thing means, but you got me haha it definitely was not a real dream. I'm brand new to the nexus so I appreciate your pointer!
But yes I completely understand the extraction process and have successfully completed my first time. It's just the crystalization that I don't understand. I'm not quite grasping freeze precipitation either.

As for being detailed, here we go~

As i said before, i used the lazyman's tek. I took 500g of powdered ACRB, 2500 ml of distilled water, and 13 measured tablespoons of lye. I let the lye and water get nice and acquainted in a big glass pickle jar, stirred it until it was completely dissolved. I then added the ACRB to the jar and shook it up for about 20-30 minutes. I let the mixture marinate for a couple hours, until i saw a black layer sitting on top of the rest of the contents. I added half a cup of vm&p naptha at first, since you can always put more naptha in but can't take any out. Later on i decided to add another half a cup. I left the jar alone for a couple days, and a clear layer rose to the surface of the jar. I pulled it out with a glass baster and filtered it through a home made funnel (a water bottle cut in half with a coffee filter placed in between the mouth piece and the lid, with a hole cut in the lid) into a glass pyrex baking dish. I evaporated the naptha with a fan at room temperature and was left with a thin layer of amber/yellowish goop across the bottom of the dish which I scraped up with a razor blade.

I would like to know what steps i could take during or after the above mentioned process to get some crystals out of my goop :) I've seen words like "freeze precipitation" tossed around, but haven't really spotted any in depth instructions on how someone new to this might go about trying it out. I mean, its gotta be more than just tossing the dish in the freezer over night, right??

thanks!

TBH i donjt know whats needed at all, but it seems that as long as you mix in the correct order you will be fine.
Its just not nice swinging all those dirty stuff around in your pick and mix, so i suggest you follow wikipedia. :D
Or any good guide for that matter thats here on the DMT NEXUS.

Just a couple of things:

1. A half cup of naphtha is extreme overkill, and while I am all for people doing what they want, many would consider it wasteful especially since you are evaporating as a final step. Just a thought. 50-100ml per pull is plenty to "grab" your dmt. If you are having trouble retrieving your naphtha, place your basic soup with naphtha into a skinny glass container. I found these nifty water bottles made with borosilicate glass on amazon that allow me to get nearly every drop minus a thin layer.

2. It sounds like you only did one big pull and then later added some more naphtha to it...? IME, it is much more efficient to do about 5-6 smaller pulls and combine them. This is a better way to exhaust your bark rather than one giant pull. How much did you yield?

3. If you want crystals from ACRB, you'll likely need to do a mini A/B. Cyb's Tek with Earthwalker's cleanup steps are one of the best teks around for ACRB, especially since you want crystals. Just scroll down to the cleanup section.

4. Since you already have goo, you'll need to redissolve it into some naphtha before following the cleanup steps. Keep in mind, you may lose up to half of your yield since ACRB contains many fats, oils, and a substantial percentage of NMT (up to 50% in some cases). These fats and oils are what causes it to have trouble becoming crystals.

So, if I were you I would keep what I had and infuse your goo onto some mullein, which is a nice, smokable plant with a large surface area that can absorb actives (DMT and such) easily. It doesn't have to be mullein, it can be any sort of smokable herb. You can then place it into a bong or pipe and smoke away with little technique needed. Check here for more info on enhancing your herbs with spice.

Next time you extract, take all you pulls and combine them together and then follow the cleanup steps mentioned above. This removes fats and oils and makes it easier for the spice to crystallize.

Lastly, as for freeze precipitation, have a look at this google search:

There are a bunch of threads there that should be able to help you on your quest. I think that covers just about everything. Don't be afraid of the goo, it is perfectly fine to ingest. This is why I recommend infusing it onto leaf because it makes goo much more manageable and easy to store. But hey, to each their own right? Good luck with your future endeavors!

:)

Edit: reading through the Lazyman tek again I realize why you went about it the way you did. It uses a much larger amount of bark. Still, more pulls with less solvent is considered more efficient. It does mention doing more pulls (or "extractions" as they call it in that tek) but with large amounts of naphtha.

IMO, doing teks that use less bark allow less room for error. I typically use no more than 100g and yields about a gram or more of fluffy white every time from ACRB which is plenty for a typical DMT lover.

hazeyxox said:
I don't understand what the SWIM thing means, but you got me haha it definitely was not a real dream. I'm brand new to the nexus so I appreciate your pointer!
But yes I completely understand the extraction process and have successfully completed my first time. It's just the crystalization that I don't understand. I'm not quite grasping freeze precipitation either.

As for being detailed, here we go~

As i said before, i used the lazyman's tek. I took 500g of powdered ACRB, 2500 ml of distilled water, and 13 measured tablespoons of lye. I let the lye and water get nice and acquainted in a big glass pickle jar, stirred it until it was completely dissolved. I then added the ACRB to the jar and shook it up for about 20-30 minutes. I let the mixture marinate for a couple hours, until i saw a black layer sitting on top of the rest of the contents. I added half a cup of vm&p naptha at first, since you can always put more naptha in but can't take any out. Later on i decided to add another half a cup. I left the jar alone for a couple days, and a clear layer rose to the surface of the jar. I pulled it out with a glass baster and filtered it through a home made funnel (a water bottle cut in half with a coffee filter placed in between the mouth piece and the lid, with a hole cut in the lid) into a glass pyrex baking dish. I evaporated the naptha with a fan at room temperature and was left with a thin layer of amber/yellowish goop across the bottom of the dish which I scraped up with a razor blade.

I would like to know what steps i could take during or after the above mentioned process to get some crystals out of my goop :) I've seen words like "freeze precipitation" tossed around, but haven't really spotted any in depth instructions on how someone new to this might go about trying it out. I mean, its gotta be more than just tossing the dish in the freezer over night, right??

thanks!

The "swim" deal means "someone who isn't me", it's a tactic to avoid legal liability I suppose, though in fact it provides you little to no legal protection, and it complicates posts.

I can understand though, and did not mean to come off as impolite in any way.

I was going to offer some advice as well, but it looks like others have taken care of it.

Good luck, be safe.

-eg

Back
Top Bottom