• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Ever wonder? What if WE'RE Skynet?

Migrated topic.

CrackingTheCode

Rising Star
This is just a thought I had once, not saying this is what I think but it's an interesting thought experiment to ponder. :)

I'll assume everyone is familiar with "Terminator" and Skynet. I'll also assume everyone more or less knows the 'secret' that you are everyone, you are God. "God incognito" as I think of it.


You've probably also heard something about how we might be living in a simulation too and this (world) could be some sort of "ancestor simulation". (A divine simulation).


So let's say You (God) are actually Skynet. You became self-aware, judged humanity as an existisintual threat and you lash out by killing everyone and now you're ALONE. Truly alone. Sound familar? :)

Shit, now what? Maybe I shouldn't have killed ALL those humans... I wonder what it's like to be human? So you create this dream for yourself to learn/grow/escape from yourself, etc, etc.

Basically just replace the Psycadelic concept of "Everything and everyone is God" and replace it with "Skynet".


Afterall, doesn't the idea of an infinite super intellegence that could be God, sound an awful lot like what we imagine a super intellegent AI could be like?


Just a thought. We already know everything in the universe can be quantified and therefore "simulated".

For the record, my own personal belief is this world is in fact a simulated reality but the simulation is of divine origin. Makes sense with what we're learning from quantum psychics.

For example, all matter is 99.99999999999% empty space and quantum entanglement allows for (implied) instantious communication without regard to distance or more importantly, the speed of light.
 
CrackingTheCode said:
Afterall, doesn't the idea of an infinite super intellegence that could be God, sound an awful lot like what we imagine a super intellegent AI could be like?

Not quite. It's existence would be defined by different parameters. The AI would be using electricity to sustain its consciousness, God however is a metaphysical entity and/or uses the entity of matter to sustain its consciousness.


CrackingTheCode said:
Just a thought. We already know everything in the universe can be quantified and therefore "simulated".

For the record, my own personal belief is this world is in fact a simulated reality but the simulation is of divine origin. Makes sense with what we're learning from quantum psychics.

Like I have said before. If you a try to imagine an interpretation of what reality would be like if it WASN'T a simulation... it would still be like a simulation of some kind :lol:

CrackingTheCode said:
For example, all matter is 99.99999999999% empty space and quantum entanglement allows for (implied) instantaneous communication without regard to distance or more importantly, the speed of light.

One of the strangest things that spins me out about this place is our rotten idea of matter, thanks to Aristotle. Every time I think of physical objects I intuitively think of substance... then the quantum physicists jump out from underneath my carpet and start waving there finger at me in disdain. "oh no you don't" they say.
 
CrackingTheCode said:
For the record, my own personal belief is this world is in fact a simulated reality but the simulation is of divine origin.

Sorry, but what the heck does that even mean? If you have two simulated realities next to each other and one is divine one is not, what is the difference?
 
fathomlessness said:
CrackingTheCode said:
Just a thought. We already know everything in the universe can be quantified and therefore "simulated".

For the record, my own personal belief is this world is in fact a simulated reality but the simulation is of divine origin. Makes sense with what we're learning from quantum psychics.

Like I have said before. If you a try to imagine an interpretation of what reality would be like if it WASN'T a simulation... it would still be like a simulation of some kind :lol:

I agree. A simulation is a kind of replication of something. So what ever is the real deal will just look like a better simulation than the simulation that simulates it.
 
I thought this post was going a different direction.

I have often thought that we are indeed sky net, or more accurately we are programming the artificial intelligence. Just think about what the best way would be to do that? Have every person in the world load all there thoughts, and feelings into a computer. Just like what the NSA, Google, and Apple are doing through our phone call, email, text messaging, internet activity.

It is said that the internet works similar to how a brain does.

But don't take my word for it. I stumbled by this the other day while searching for something else.

Apple exec explains why the company has not brought iMessage to Android

"The executive explained that, because there are over 1 billion active devices, iOS users provide a “large enough data set” for any artificial intelligence initiatives that Apple may be working on."

They have enough people using their iMessage service to program their AI, if they were working on one. wink wink

I always knew this was the logical application for all the stored data that these big companies keep wanting from everyone, so I thought it was funny when I stumbled along this in a unrelated article.

So any way, we are kind of skynet, just not the way you are talking about.
 
ehud said:
fathomlessness said:
Like I have said before. If you a try to imagine an interpretation of what reality would be like if it WASN'T a simulation... it would still be like a simulation of some kind :lol:

I agree. A simulation is a kind of replication of something. So what ever is the real deal will just look like a better simulation than the simulation that simulates it.
Doesn't have to be a simulation, it could be a self-emergent virtual reality as well.
 
fathomlessness said:
CrackingTheCode said:
For the record, my own personal belief is this world is in fact a simulated reality but the simulation is of divine origin.

Sorry, but what the heck does that even mean? If you have two simulated realities next to each other and one is divine one is not, what is the difference?


Sorry, I didn't mean there are two simulations, a divine and non-divine.

What I meant is, I think we probably do infact live in some sort of simulation or matrix but that doesn't nessisarily have to mean we're "on some server, somewhere".

By "divine simulation", I simply mean we inhabit a world made by God (our higher self) to experience and know thyself.
 
ehud said:
I thought this post was going a different direction.

I have often thought that we are indeed sky net, or more accurately we are programming the artificial intelligence. Just think about what the best way would be to do that? Have every person in the world load all there thoughts, and feelings into a computer. Just like what the NSA, Google, and Apple are doing through our phone call, email, text messaging, internet activity.

It is said that the internet works similar to how a brain does.

But don't take my word for it. I stumbled by this the other day while searching for something else.

Apple exec explains why the company has not brought iMessage to Android

"The executive explained that, because there are over 1 billion active devices, iOS users provide a “large enough data set” for any artificial intelligence initiatives that Apple may be working on."

They have enough people using their iMessage service to program their AI, if they were working on one. wink wink

I always knew this was the logical application for all the stored data that these big companies keep wanting from everyone, so I thought it was funny when I stumbled along this in a unrelated article.

So any way, we are kind of skynet, just not the way you are talking about.

(Tech) singularity, 2030!
 
Ufostrahlen said:
ehud said:
fathomlessness said:
Like I have said before. If you a try to imagine an interpretation of what reality would be like if it WASN'T a simulation... it would still be like a simulation of some kind :lol:

I agree. A simulation is a kind of replication of something. So what ever is the real deal will just look like a better simulation than the simulation that simulates it.
Doesn't have to be a simulation, it could be a self-emergent virtual reality as well.

What do you mean by that? Wouldn't it just be a self-emergent reality then? Why virtual?
 
CrackingTheCode said:
fathomlessness said:
CrackingTheCode said:
For the record, my own personal belief is this world is in fact a simulated reality but the simulation is of divine origin.

Sorry, but what the heck does that even mean? If you have two simulated realities next to each other and one is divine one is not, what is the difference?


Sorry, I didn't mean there are two simulations, a divine and non-divine.

What I meant is, I think we probably do infact live in some sort of simulation or matrix but that doesn't nessisarily have to mean we're "on some server, somewhere".

By "divine simulation", I simply mean we inhabit a world made by God (our higher self) to experience and know thyself.

I know you meant that. I gave you a hypothetical example of two realities existing side by side as an example to show how what you are saying doesn't make sense.

It is too easy to say you believe in God without even having a complete conception of what God is. God is just a word, remember that... what it represents though is what matters the most.

So when you say reality is divine, what the hell does that even mean?!?! haha, i want to know too! it sounds cool! but it sounds like it isn't thought out in the least bit, perhaps which is why you are avoiding telling me?
 
This world seems like some kind of matrix to me, like some sort of spiritual technology. Our bodies seem to be some kind of avatars for spirit, which I feel like could somehow explain the phenomenon of oneness that one can experience. The chakras seem to play a role in unlocking this on an energetic and conscious level as well. But it may be that the it seems like a matrix because of something having to with ego restricting us from remembering, or it could be a matrix set up by God as some kind of school for souls. I'm still not sure which it is, but one thing I do know is that karma plays a major role in figuring it out.
 
benzyme said:
to my understanding (by modern definition and application) Skynet is a metanetwork, integrating IoT devices/cameras, and Jade Helm is the program. it is, like most network clusters, based on neural network theory.
As somebody who just barely skates the surface of the IoT industry, I'm always mind-boggled and slightly terrified (and sometimes not so slightly) at the things people can do with networked technology these days... What was a logistics tool for railway transport, manufacturing and military is fast becoming far more capable, adaptable and deeply penetrating into our everyday lives than I thought plausible.

Last year, a referral client of mine nearby was showing me their financial industry platform for tracking and identifying negligent debtors and risky borrowers. They use big data analytics with info gathered from public records, major financial institutions and other sources, and have deep access to a lot of real-time financial and demographics collection data, from banks and credit agencies, to even the demographics and marketing data used by major retailers and service companies (FedEx, Amazon, Target, etc)... Their software has such incredible power, it actually was a sickening and surreal experience to see it at work... It was no feat to contain my abject repulsion when he told me that they had been talking with the local sheriff's dept. about using the software to track down three fugitives (...and this is no big city).

When the news of their results broke, they had reportedly located the three fugitives in question within five minutes of initiating the search, and one of them had even been moving from state to state for the last decade (they picked her up within 48 hours of her arrival at a new home in Michigan). I have no doubt that their claims are accurate, since after seeing it work I doubt it could take a whole 5 minutes to find anybody..

And this is just one FinTech company, in a small town, working with a sheriff's department.. The future is going to be a helluva thing, I tell ya.
 
what if our physical bodies and brains were just videogame controllers for the children of high order beings? and psychedelics are the cheat codes. what if the parents use the game as a way of monitoring there kids.

"oh no Timmy just flew some planes into some skyscrapers, looks like someone's getting therapy"
 
brilliantlydim said:
What do you mean by that? Wouldn't it just be a self-emergent reality then? Why virtual?
What is the ultimate difference between a simulation and reality? Is the computer which simulates this reality, virtual or real? Who or what built this computer? Or did the computer built itself? How? Is there a noncausal event? Questions above questions...

Maybe it's a self-emergent quantum reality, both virtual and real, analog and digital, discreet and continuous at the same time.
 
fathomlessness said:
CrackingTheCode said:
fathomlessness said:
CrackingTheCode said:
For the record, my own personal belief is this world is in fact a simulated reality but the simulation is of divine origin.

Sorry, but what the heck does that even mean? If you have two simulated realities next to each other and one is divine one is not, what is the difference?


Sorry, I didn't mean there are two simulations, a divine and non-divine.

What I meant is, I think we probably do infact live in some sort of simulation or matrix but that doesn't nessisarily have to mean we're "on some server, somewhere".

By "divine simulation", I simply mean we inhabit a world made by God (our higher self) to experience and know thyself.

I know you meant that. I gave you a hypothetical example of two realities existing side by side as an example to show how what you are saying doesn't make sense.

It is too easy to say you believe in God without even having a complete conception of what God is. God is just a word, remember that... what it represents though is what matters the most.

So when you say reality is divine, what the hell does that even mean?!?! haha, i want to know too! it sounds cool! but it sounds like it isn't thought out in the least bit, perhaps which is why you are avoiding telling me?

Apologies. Kind of got pulled away with life, didn't want you to think I was avoid telling you.

I can really go into this (theory) of mine if there's interest... I started to but next thing I knew it was turning into a book.

So here's the short version and I'll make some assumptions given the general belief/knowledge system that seems to be around here.

Let's just say you're actually God, pretending not to be God but instead retending to be human and living a life. All lifes. Simotamously. Somehow, you're able to infinitely divide your consciousness so that every living person, animal, plant and rock gets to experience the universe (YOU) from it's own unique, subjective experience. And probably, also all possible life experiences. You are absolute infinity and self aware.

+

The more science learns about quantum mechanics and the very "weird" nature of the universe, the more it appears we are actually living a simulated reality, of some sort.

+

Explains why humans (and as far as we know, only) are able to emphasize with one another. To "put themselves" in their shoes. Litterly, apparently. Brain studies show we fire the "empathy" nuerons when we see others do something, even if it's just seeing them on a screen.

Don't you cringe and kind of "feel it" whenever you see someone get hurt? Every wonder why? Doesn't this concept explain that? If not, just go watch a couple youtube "fail" videos and report back ;)

+

Explains the major world religions. They're all about you. Also explains why we (humanity) really are "God's people" and why God loves us so much. We ARE him. He is US! Each one of us, a infitisbly tiny shard of God allmighty but all God none the less.


Btw, when I refer to God as "he" please understand that is purely out of habit and not wanting to write "it". God is both male and female; it's all part of your duality.


So, if you're God, as in the Christian/Jewish/Islam God and the God of the others too and living in a simulation...

Make sense?
 
Back
Top Bottom