• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

First Extraction (with pic)

goldenpath

Esteemed member
Hi everyone!!!

Hope you're all having a good weekend šŸ˜€

I plan on sharing the process i used for this when its all complete (nothing groundbreaking, followed instructions from a vid on youtube mostly), but currently working through my very first extraction. I'm cautiously happy with it so far and while i wait for the crystals to dry out i thought i'd share a pic of how they looked coming out of the freezer

pic.jpg

Pyrex dish is about 20 x 16cm, so while theyre not massive crystals theres a fair few of them. Looking forward to collecting and weighing them up.

Quick question though... i've poured off and saved the solvent, and plan on a second extraction with it but somethings come up meaning i wont be able to get to that until tuesday. The soup and solvent are in sealed airtight bottles, do you think they'll be ok till then to continue the process?

Looks good, well done!

Quick question though... i've poured off and saved the solvent, and plan on a second extraction with it but somethings come up meaning i wont be able to get to that until tuesday. The soup and solvent are in sealed airtight bottles, do you think they'll be ok till then to continue the process?
They will be ok, do not worry about that. Utmost you will pull a little bit more colorants which is a non-issue to have.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

@Subtlevibrations i stumbled across a few extraction videos on youtube after watching a channel on there called Adeptus Psychonautica. The extraction vid i gelled with the most was

I liked the slow methodical process as well as being able to be done at room temp. It was also though AP's channel that i discovered Nexus :)

After reading extraction methods in the wiki on here, the video seemed to be a slightly modified Norman's tek.

A little update to my original post... the dish has been out and drying for about 8 hours and still a small amount of dampness. I used Bartoline Premium Low Odor White Spirit which seemed to be one of the most viable options for a solvent in the UK. After buying it i came across a couple of posts mentioning that it takes ages to evaporate though and i'm definitely finding that

Good morning :)

Another update... left the dish overnight as the solvent seemed to be taking ages to evaporate, but when i came down to it this morning i found that it hadnt changed much and still appeared to have very small droplets of clear moisture in some of the gaps between crystals. I touched a bit of it and it had an oily consistency to it.

Having left it for 18 hours, it didnt seem to be shifting so bit the bullet and scraped it all up. The result was still a nice bunch of fluffy crystals, white but perhaps with an everso slight yellowish hue. Weighed it up and came to 0.66g. Still have the second pull to do which i'll have to leave until tuesday.

Just some quick questions though if i may... is the small amount of oily residue between crystals normal? I've seen mentioned in posts that there can be fats from the mhrb or perhaps this is condensed solvent from the evaporation phase? Should i be worried and if so is there a method to remove this impurity? Thanks in advance :)

Dmt is polymorphic so it is possible to have some oily like substance. Your observation seems perfectly normal. To be sure it is not your solvent do an evaporation test by evaporating a small amount of your solvent on a very clean glass. This way you can see if itā€™s clean if you donā€™t see any residue.

Take care

Read more here

Last edited:
Ahh thats great to hear, thanks @Varallo :)

I did an evaporation test with the solvent on a mirror before starting and while it took a little while to fully evaporate, after it'd gone the mirror was clean as a whistle :D

Can't wait to get on with the second pull now and see the results!

Hmm ok so i gave my first pull a try tonight. I'll write a litte about what happened because i feel it ties in with my extraction question below, which is why i'm posting here rather than in the experience section...

Its my first time, so very much expect my inexperience to be a limiting factor. I wanted to try something light so loaded up 15mg into a pipe. I held the blue flame lighter a couple of inches below and rolled the pipe as i'd seen suggested to evenly spread the heat. The crystals melted and began to vaporise, and i inhaled. I suspect i didnt vaporise or hold it in for long enough (not a smoker so not really used it that). It took three or four goes with the lighter and inhalations but as far as i understand thats not the way it should be. I think on that side i just need to get used to the length of time vaporising and inhaling. I think i took shorter drags (for lack of a better term) because i saw the vapor rising out of the hole in the pipe and thought "its getting away!" :D

Physically, i found the vapour to be harsh at the back of the throat, even numbing my tongue a little. It had a smell and taste that reminded me a lot of the white spirit solvent.

Congitively, i didnt really experience much. A warmness and fuzzy headedness, and that the light dimmed everso slightly. A tiny amount of visual distortion but barely noticable. The whole thing lasted no more than 8-10 mins. This doesnt come as a surprise though considering the low starting amount and my poor technique!

If i may ask, is the smell, taste and other physical aspects i experienced normal because of the substances being used in the process, or does it sound like theres residue of the solvent still within the crystals?

Thanks in advance :)

Hi everyone!!!

Hope you're all having a good weekend šŸ˜€

I plan on sharing the process i used for this when its all complete (nothing groundbreaking, followed instructions from a vid on youtube mostly), but currently working through my very first extraction. I'm cautiously happy with it so far and while i wait for the crystals to dry out i thought i'd share a pic of how they looked coming out of the freezer

View attachment 97942

Pyrex dish is about 20 x 16cm, so while theyre not massive crystals theres a fair few of them. Looking forward to collecting and weighing them up.

They should be fine, just remember if your extraction liquid cools too much your spice might start precipitating out of the naotha while still in your extraction vessel. If so, adding a little more NaOH to your soup or giving your vessel a hot water bath will help bring the temp back up .. and you can then just mix it again to make sure your Naptha pulls the alkaloids again. Since your bottles are airtight, just make sure you are releasing the pressure when doing this as heat and solvent in a closed container will cause a pressure buildup.

Your spice looks great @goldenpath congratulations!

What kind of pipe are you using to vaporize your spice? Effects sound like typical threshold DMT (the warm fuzziness is normal).. if your vaporization technique wasnā€™t efficient you can expect that you wonā€™t get as much effect from 15mg as you would as it gets better. 15mg when vaporized correctly should produce some mild visual effects still.

Nice work.. look forward to hearing how your next experiences go šŸ‘

If i may ask, is the smell, taste and other physical aspects i experienced normal because of the substances being used in the process, or does it sound like theres residue of the solvent still within the crystals?

Your mild effects seem accurate for the dosing. No worries there.
Addressing the taste/throat burn: it sounds like you burnt your DMT a little; nothing unexpected from a first go :)
When vaporized without burning, DMT is actually quite pleasant and smooth IME, and quite floral in flavor. As you are not a regular smoker, you may disagree with me on the smoothness haha.

Like @acacian Iā€™d like to know what equipment youā€™re working with. Your description sounds like a bulb pipe; consider checking out the ingestion methods page on the wiki for tips on how to get the most out of the equipment you are working with, and also get ideas for ā€œbetterā€, easier to use, more ideal equipment. There is also the vaporization/smoking sub forum which is a great place to learn about other users experiences with a wide variety of devices/methods.

Hope this helps to assuage your worries a bit. Again, your extract looks great.

Safe travels,
Sv

Last edited:
Hi @acacian & @Subtlevibrations, thanks for your replies

Yep i was using a standard glass bulb pipe (just something cheap and cheerful to get me started before going further down the rabbit hole :D). Hopefully i was just burning it a bit. From the taste i was quite concerned that i was basically vaping white spirit!!

I'll do a little research into alternate vaping options. I've seen a few videos on e-mesh devices but also e-juice with the potential to add the DMT into a tobacco-less flavoured juice, which appeals to the non-smoker in me :)

Last edited:
Iā€™d recommend using something like the Glass Sherlock vaporgenie or the E mesh method in an electronic vape.. Iā€™m a big fan of pure DMT vapor rather than flavored liquids myself. DMT has itā€™s own pleasant subtle flavor :) diluting it with flavored liquids means you miss out on that beautiful indole goodness!

That said, a lot of people swear by the liquid vape.. I just like the romanticism around seeing the glass pipe plume up

Last edited:
I really like the liquid vape thing, but I use unflavoured pure PG. I agree with acacian in that DMT has its own flavor. I wouldn't say it's pleasant, but it isn't unpleasant either, it just... is :) I like feeling that flavor when taking a hit.

If you want to start with one of the cheapest ROAs, I've had good luck using cheap cartridges bought from aliexpress, with cheap 510 batteries that I had laying around. Total cost, around 15-25 euros for the battery + 10 empty carts. Then you need to add vape liquid (pure PG is cheap and works better than VG), and you're set for a loooooong time.

My non-smoker friends have a bit of trouble inhaling the d-liquid, but they have more trouble inhaling pure DMT vapour from the e-mesh, so there's that. I've had more success sharing with carts than sharing with other ROAs.

Lol @acacian to be honest, i didn't find the flavour subtle or pleasant šŸ˜… a combination of my extraction and inexperience!

After a bit of research and youtubing, i settled on picking up a Geekvape Aegis Solo 2 mod, which came in a decently priced bundle with a battery, 2ml tank, pack of x5 15ohm coils and some nicotine-free flavoured juice. I figured with the mod already bought, if i fancy trying the e-mesh ROA it'd just be a matter of picking up a suitable RDA and mesh.

Finally got around to starting the second pull on the previously mentioned extraction. After that's done i plan on making up some d-juice, trying it out and then sharing the experience and full extraction steps used :)

Back
Top Bottom