• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Forums.Ayahausca.Com

Migrated topic.

shoe

Rising Star
OG Pioneer
Is it just me, or do they all talk *utter* gibberish; with about 50% being non-english speakers and the other 50% being completely whacked out (and im pretty 'out there', admittely) hippies who talk so much garbage about gaia, spirituality, mixed up with crazy parts of eastern philosophy, that you can't even work out how to BREW the damn stuff, OR WHAT?!

That is why i like these forums, atleast the people here still talk somesort of sense. ... Somesort ;)

p.s i'd just like to add that im not having a go at gaia, spirituality, hippies OR eastern philosophy. Its more the gratuitous use of the english language that gets my heckles up...

As I see it, the Ayahuasca forums are the more spiritual part of DMT, while the DMT-Nexus is the more scientific part.

As such I have a high respect for the Ayahuasca forums.

My experience is just that the forum is so bloated, with alsorts of members clammering for attention and throwing their two pence into the mix, doesn't help when trying to glean any information.

SWIM is going to dream of aya soon; and is fully prepared to put the vine near his bedside and dream of her as he sleeps for a few days before brewing....

I back up the aya forum too... I have met four people IRL from the aya forums that have all been great people. I also really like some of the characters there. BTW ayahuasca isn't DMT... DMT is just an optional additional admixture to the brew. There is also a much more 'sacred' and 'spiritual' attitude over there.

I realise that, and I know the universe is a reflection of onesself, but I really do find them quite *unhelpful*.
SWIM is looking for healing, personal insight, he's certainly not expecting a life changing experience, but is quietly hoping for one. Things seem *so* bad when your at the bottom, and so easy when your at the top.

shoe said:
I realise that, and I know the universe is a reflection of onesself, but I really do find them quite *unhelpful*.
SWIM is looking for healing, personal insight, he's certainly not expecting a life changing experience, but is quietly hoping for one. Things seem *so* bad when your at the bottom, and so easy when your at the top.

Your not at the bottom and you shouldnt feel bad about being less experienced with whatever, think its just the stage your at with things, if thats what you mean?

I was reading a thread there yesterday and their talking about experience and in compaared to some there Im probaly at the bottom in comparison but some have never even heard of elf spice, so its kinda relative. I mean 6 months ago I was talking about being an apprentice to cappi then my life got in the way, western stuff I suppose, and laziness :roll:

I love the aya forums, they were a life changing experience within themselves by just reading threads, for me. I hear people saying what I know fine well I should be doing but I dont listen to myself or act on what I know I should be doing, so maybe I need ayahuasca to force the issue, or im looking for something to better myself, and the power of the aya boards themselves helped me a lot before I discovered spice or even drank vine.

Just listening to what people say there had a positive effect without me ever taking anything, thats a powerful thing. I got sidetracked with spice due to that forum, and that lasted a year or so, after communicating with great people. You could imagine my joy when I found this forum after being sidetracked with spice after talking to peeps in real life from there.

Swear when im on the aya forums, which isnt as often as I used to be due to this one, but when im there, I can feel the vine and I end up feeling guilty because im not being disciplined and continuing with what I know I should be doing and what I started, but real life has got in the way of my total clean living. Instead of beating myself up about what im not doing I try to see the positive changes ive made, and what could help me in the future. I mean I still like to get fucked up a lot which you dont see on the aya boards generally, or maybe folks arent being honest? lol Or maybe ayas helped them get away from thos urges and desires 😉

Compared to most boards its one of the nicest Ive come across and you should appreciate it for what it is, a forum about ayahuasca, I personally prefer this board like yourself but they changed me a lot, same as this forum but I still love the ayahuasca forums and continue to learn loads, I mean between here and there theres a whole load of good stuff! :)

There's some very valuable information on the aya forums and shouldn't be disregarded..

The spice was originally intended to extend full understandings of the vine as I find myself leaning more and more with vine's role that has taken its toll, to less of the molecule itself. Everywhere I find myself I feel like there's this urge to make other lives better in one way or another. It cannot be my personality because prior to these experiences, I was a total shithead.

I mean to be a little honest, the whole shamanic ideal was a little fruity at first but when a world soul or gaian mind comes to discussion from the past and into the future, our scheming little agendas seem next to nothing when the thought comes to "What more can I do for our world?" Speak to the planet and it will hear you..

Call me a little nuts but I feel the sense that spirit plants will guide us to a better understanding whether or not you can believe in that sort of thing. Even whenever I smoke some marijuana, I can't help but get the feeling of gratitude of where I'm at right now. Or maybe its just all those good times in the circle coming back to me :p

SWIM found that forum to be really helpful, many people there are very nice.

I have to admit I did notice once I had read enough posts that a small minority of peeps on there can be ignorant, indignant, egotistical, touchy, hot tempered, rude or even prejudiced (a particular thread demonising 'hoodies' and posing ridiculously prejudiced generalisations about English people springs to mind). The most noticeable thing is how quick these few are to take offence for the slightest of reasons. This shocked SWIM at first... but he kept his mouth shut... because it could just be that, seeing as it's all about healing, they're less quick to ban people... after all, if you just ban anyone obnoxious, how are they going to improve themselves? Although it does seem like the worst offenders are of some experience... but perhaps these few are just not as experienced as they make out. Although one can't forget that ayawaska didn't seem to stop the amazonian population from fighting with each other historically so I doubt it's a miracle cure... maybe no amount of work can propel every person to self-actualisation.

I'm not knocking the site, as I say it's mainly a nice, helpful place. All the stuff about spiritual beliefs doesn't bother me, I mean, that's what the site's about. For how to brew, check out the stickies in the 'information' section, choose 'an introduction to ayahuasca', then scroll down to 'preparation' and follow the links. I agree it could be clearer. I had to ask people on there because SWIM was starting with jurema/rue, and they were very helpful, apart from one person who got irate for my writing on behalf of SWIM!

i am fond of the aya forum as if one tries, they can sort through the mess of ignorance to find the quality information laying just under the trash.
as far as the attitude, i find this to be more scientific based
and aya forums more spiritually based.
i like both and give both respect as communities.

ALL HAIL DMT
heh, couldnt help meself again

if it wasnt for the aya forums i would have never known about ayahuasca, how to prepare it or where to start. If it wasnt for that 1st experience, i would have never continued research into the freebase. (it all still stems from shpongle though :) )

the aya forums are significantly older and larger than us so there is bound to be more problematic members due to probability. it is still a great forum, such a wealth of info.

[whisper]...still like the nexus better :) [/whisper]

haha, yeah... we all *love* shpongle :)

p.s ... Raja Rams drawings.... it amazes me still that people can depict exactly what SWIMs experienced; so well. Alex Grey, Raja... etc.

The Traveler said:
As I see it, the Ayahuasca forums are the more spiritual part of DMT, while the DMT-Nexus is the more scientific part.

As such I have a high respect for the Ayahuasca forums.

And I second that. Being both highly spiritual by nature and entheogeni-chemically inclined, my philosophy is that one can typically experience a much higher level of spiritual growth by learning how to interperet those things which may seem foreign through universal understanding. This process applies to me in situations where I might find myself, for instance, interacting with another shamanistic being who, let's say, can only express verbal communication through a language of which is foreign to my ears.

shoe said:
Is it just me, or do they all talk *utter* gibberish; with about 50% being non-english speakers and the other 50% being completely whacked out (and im pretty 'out there', admittely) hippies who talk so much garbage about gaia, spirituality, mixed up with crazy parts of eastern philosophy, that you can't even work out how to BREW the damn stuff, OR WHAT?!

Yeah after posting at the yahooka forums for 8 years, this is pretty much how I feel about most of you.

Most of the crap people spew on here as spiritual is just abstract circle talking that doesnt mean a thing and just makes the person sound enlightened...but if you examine it for any amount of time you see that its just pompous blowharding with who can make up the most unintelligible crap about the universe. Funny thing is most anybody talking about how spiritually enlightened they are, is usually the most confused burnout there is.

Funny thing is that most people who are confused with their place intellectually and spiritually is truly unsatisfied. This collective conscience is the most important prospect of creativity, and to delve into psychedelics with a single hint of negativity.. and they will burn you.

Collective conscience and creativity dont really go together.

How do you call it creativity when the collective conscience is doing and thinking the same thing you are? If they werent, it wouldnt be a collective conscience.

Thats not creativity its conformity.

Back
Top Bottom