• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Graft of the day

Migrated topic.
CatPharm said:
A lil bit under 20 days and this LJ × Sharxx seedling is the first to start breakin thru the film:)

Looking Good CatPharm!!! Now don't make the mistake of trying to remove that parafilm until it has grown substantially more. I'll post a picture again if I haven't already of how to remove that parafilm when that seedling gets a bit bigger. It is simple really, just take one stroke downward with your blade through the ring of parafilm you first created and it should slide right off as it ages or one can lightly peel back and shimmy it up if one is impatient.

In the mean time... I will post some little L. williamsi x L. fricii

Attachments

• Lophophora+williamsi+x+Lophophora+fricii+big+one.jpg
    Lophophora+williamsi+x+Lophophora+fricii+big+one.jpg
    780.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Lophophora+w+x+L+fricii.jpg
    Lophophora+w+x+L+fricii.jpg
    785.4 KB · Views: 0
  • side+areole+graft.jpg
    side+areole+graft.jpg
    332.9 KB · Views: 0
  • break+on+through+to+theo+ther+side.jpg
    break+on+through+to+theo+ther+side.jpg
    411.2 KB · Views: 0
Day 2 of the Lophophora williamsi x Lophophora fricii show

Attachments

• Lophophora+williamsi+x+Lophophora+fricii+day+2+7.jpg
    Lophophora+williamsi+x+Lophophora+fricii+day+2+7.jpg
    800.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Lophophora+williamsi+x+Lophophora+fricii+day+2+5.jpg
    Lophophora+williamsi+x+Lophophora+fricii+day+2+5.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Lophophora+williamsi+x+Lophophora+fricii+day+2+.jpg
    Lophophora+williamsi+x+Lophophora+fricii+day+2+.jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 0
Lophophora williamsi x Lophophora fricii day 3

Attachments

• Lophophora+williamsi+x+Lophophora+fricii+day+3+representing.png
    Lophophora+williamsi+x+Lophophora+fricii+day+3+representing.png
    283.1 KB · Views: 0
Lophophora williamsi x Lophophora fricii day 4

Attachments

• Lophophora+williamsi+x+Lophophora+fricii+day+4.jpg
    Lophophora+williamsi+x+Lophophora+fricii+day+4.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 0
Day 5 Lophophora williamsii x Lophophora fricii

Attachments

• Lophophora+williamsii+x+Lophophora+fricii+day+5.jpg
    Lophophora+williamsii+x+Lophophora+fricii+day+5.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Lophophora+williamsii+x+Lophophora+fricii+day+5+514.jpg
    Lophophora+williamsii+x+Lophophora+fricii+day+5+514.jpg
    806 KB · Views: 0
  • Lophophora+williamsii+x+Lophophora+fricii+day+5+17.jpg
    Lophophora+williamsii+x+Lophophora+fricii+day+5+17.jpg
    854.7 KB · Views: 0
Lophophora williamsii x Lophophora fricii day 6

Attachments

• Lophophora+williamsi+x+Lophophora+fricii+day+6+9.jpg
    Lophophora+williamsi+x+Lophophora+fricii+day+6+9.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 0
Lophophora williamsii x Lophopohora fricii day 7

Attachments

• Lophophora+williamsii+x+Lophopohora+fricii+7.jpg
    Lophophora+williamsii+x+Lophopohora+fricii+7.jpg
    1,002.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Lophophora+williamsii+x+Lophopohora+fricii+.jpg
    Lophophora+williamsii+x+Lophopohora+fricii+.jpg
    462.3 KB · Views: 0
Lookin good man, very nice:thumb_up: if u dont mind, id like to share a couple day 7 pics of this Lumberjack × Sharxx hybrid:)

Attachments

• 20181002_174315.jpg
    20181002_174315.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20181002_174330.jpg
    20181002_174330.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
CatPharm said:
Lookin good man, very nice:thumb_up: if u dont mind, id like to share a couple day 7 pics of this Lumberjack × Sharxx hybrid:)

Of course I don't mind my friend. The idea behind this thread is to show grafts being freshly made and the progression one can expect from said graft. With that being said, you picked a nice one to bring to the forefront.

Thanks guys, forgot to mention there that its been 24 days since the graft was originally done. I was counting day 7 as its been a week out of the parafilm

So my first entry - macrogonus 22 days from sowing, 6 days from grafting

Attachments

• 20181003_172938.jpg
    20181003_172938.jpg
    895.3 KB · Views: 0
pete666 said:

Time to trim this baby. That red pink growth on the side should not be allowed to grow if you want your scion to continue to grow my friend.

Attachments

• cut.png
    cut.png
    169.5 KB · Views: 0
Wakinyan said:
pete666 said:

Time to trim this baby. That red pink growth on the side should not be allowed to grow if you want your scion to continue to grow my friend.

Yes, that's clear. I will do it this evening!

Lophophora williamsii x Lophopohora fricii day 8

Attachments

• Lophophora+williamsii+x+Lophopohora+fricii+day+day+8+1.jpg
    Lophophora+williamsii+x+Lophopohora+fricii+day+day+8+1.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 0
So maybe I will ,ale another thread to try to solicit a greater number of opinions but i have a question...

Let's say you have a small cut , maybe 2-5 inches , and you wanted to basically get the most biomass out of it fasted ... what would be the best way to go ? Areole grafts using just a single areole for each graft ? Thag would seem the best to me but i have heard it can sometimes take months or even years for an areole graft to pup ... and I've also heard that using bap6 causes a different sort of vascular system connection .

This idea to do a handful of grafts is also enticing as they could be grown with less light .l
And the off season Is pretty much already here ...

What ideas do you have ? I heard someone mention recently they saw impale style grates done using pereskiopsis as stock and a small "slab" as the scion ... I am thinking this may be a good option as it seems the pups will definitely develop faster , and perhaps more abundantly , and it would also seem to be an easier graft to physically do ... could probably get away with about 6 of em give or take from a 5 inch cut ?

Spiralout said:
So maybe I will ,ale another thread to try to solicit a greater number of opinions but i have a question...

Let's say you have a small cut , maybe 2-5 inches , and you wanted to basically get the most biomass out of it fasted ... what would be the best way to go ? Areole grafts using just a single areole for each graft ? Thag would seem the best to me but i have heard it can sometimes take months or even years for an areole graft to pup ... and I've also heard that using bap6 causes a different sort of vascular system connection .

This idea to do a handful of grafts is also enticing as they could be grown with less light .l
And the off season Is pretty much already here ...

What ideas do you have ? I heard someone mention recently they saw impale style grates done using pereskiopsis as stock and a small "slab" as the scion ... I am thinking this may be a good option as it seems the pups will definitely develop faster , and perhaps more abundantly , and it would also seem to be an easier graft to physically do ... could probably get away with about 6 of em give or take from a 5 inch cut ?

The fastest way to get that specimen to grow is to send it to me with some Trichocereus you don't want for stock:wink:

Areole grafts... my preference is to use Trichocereus for stock with those if you choose to go that route. Other than that, you can always apply bap to whatever graft you do and then cut the babies that form off when small and graft directly to Pereskiopsis, Trichocereus, etc. There is absolutely no reason you can't graft areoles or even small seedlings to large Trichocereus.

Why would you do an impale graft with a large scion onto a small Pereskiopsis if you had a large Trichocereus you could use as stock?

Back
Top Bottom