• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Research Has anyone tried quidding phyllodium pulchellum?

Research done by (or for) the DMT-Nexus community
Migrated topic.
Thanks for the link... I've researched it in the past but its a good reminder...

I did read this paper on rats which to me just suggests using a lower dose seems safe... issue seems to be taking a full dose of 5-MeO and full dose of maoi

Not advising anyone do this but I'll be trying it myself. I've not tried it alone so will be hard to judge in comparison.

Just to throw in my 2 cents from personal experience, it is absolutely true that mixing 5meo with harmalas can cause a serious reaction. I was stupid enough to take my chances and use 30mg of harmine via sublingual ROA, and then 2mg of 5meo (thinking it was a low enough dose to be safe) via IM injection about 15 minutes later. The result was extreme panic and a hypertension-like experience that was harrowing for about 30 minutes. Thankfully it eventually subsided, but it certainly felt potentially deadly.

Sounds very unpleasant and dangerous. I'll keep this in mind however I don't plan on doing IM injection and Ill start even lower using a single fresh leaf and increasing by 1 each time. Amount of 5meo should be sub mg amount and I'll be using around 100mg harmalas via tea.

Sounds very unpleasant and dangerous. I'll keep this in mind however I don't plan on doing IM injection and Ill start even lower using a single fresh leaf and increasing by 1 each time. Amount of 5meo should be sub mg amount and I'll be using around 100mg harmalas via tea.
How about first trying just the leaves without the harmalas? There have been reports of the plant being active without admixture.

Desmodium pulchellum plant has its own unique maoi alkaloids specifically safe and effective for/with its 5-meo-dmt I thought…? If I remember correctly that I read that somewhere.

5-meo not to be mixed with regular DMT maois due to neurotoxicity or something like that ~

Also❣️❣️ how did you even get ahold of this plant?? … I think you need to literally fly there xD i REALLY would love to grow this plant myself.
(I am on the move right now so I apologize for a less elaborate response)

~Much love~

🔥🌱💞

I got seeds from gardenshaman. They seem to be correct but will need to confirm in the future. I've purchased a few times from gardenshaman and have mixed results but overall good. I got viable kratom seeds and I wrong order they send me new seeds. Only issue is the d.cab seeds I got were all dead and I bought more than enough for atleast 1 germination they mentioned sending new seeds in the future but still no return.

So I tested 1 gram fresh leaves and there was zero effect. I chewed and left it under my tongue and cheeks for 5-10 minutes then since it was a small amount just washed it down with water. The taste is very 'green' indeed like I was eating grass. There was no bitterness or burning in the mouth.

I was wondering if it would be better to freebase the alkaloid while quidding? Adding some lime similar to chewing coca leaves?

Also I rewatched the video on the plant and his experience and he was making tea with 40-50grams fresh. I understand it isn't 5-Meo isn't orally active without maoi and maoi is a bit dangerous to mix. Has anyone tested sublingual activity of 5-meo with pure products? Maybe a 5x extract or something and smoking the leaves would also work?

I'll test 2 grams and keep working up a gram until I run out of fresh material.

Jonathan Ott (2001) Pharmepéna-Psychonautics: Human Intranasal, Sublingual and Oral
Pharmacology of 5-Methoxy-N, N-Dimethyl-Tryptamine, Journal of Psychoactive Drugs, 33:4, 403-407, DOI:
10.1080/02791072.2001.10399925

So here they used 1 gram paste with .25g sodium bicarbonate. I checked the pka is 8.68 so small amount of lime should easily convert it all to freebase. They do mix with maoi at 7.5mg which for now I'll be skipping. So I'll be brushing my mouth and using a small amount of lime this time at 2g fresh leaves. A rough calculation 10mg will be around 3.3 grams fresh which is the sublingual dose I could find. There is also in the same paper a report of using wood ash which I assume the shamans prepared.

So I tried 2 grams fresh with a small amount of calcium hydroxide. The burning in the mouth was quite intense. I guess it is too high a ph for my mouth to handle? I thought it was a small enough amount that I wouldn't 'feel' it. There was still zero effects that were noticeable. This time I spit out the material after around 8 minutes. I'll try sodium bicarbonate next attempt since this was pretty painful. Next attempt will be 3 grams fresh. I think I'll have enough fresh material to harvest up to 4 grams

Last edited:
So I tested 4.5 grams of fresh leaves using sodium carbonate as the alkaline agent. The pain was much easier to manage however I now think the stinging is from the fine tiny hairs of the leaves/stem. I chewed and quid the leaves for 5-8 minutes. This time I had some light gagging but not too bad and taste wasn't as green since the wash soda likely masked it. HOWEVER to the tongue there was very fine spines similar to glochids all on the roof of my mouth and around my tongue. Last time the pain was unbearable due to the calcium hydroxide. The pH was around 12 based on pH paper. ZERO effects from quidding and I'll abandon this idea.

So either I have the wrong plant OR possibly my plant isn't mature enough to produce high content. My following attempt will be an extraction once I get around 50 grams fresh. I may attempt a tea but am a little worried about these fine hairs/spines that I feel from quidding. Once larger and hopefully flowering I'll see if I can confirm ID of the plant.

So I tested 4.5 grams of fresh leaves using sodium carbonate as the alkaline agent. The pain was much easier to manage however I now think the stinging is from the fine tiny hairs of the leaves/stem. I chewed and quid the leaves for 5-8 minutes. This time I had some light gagging but not too bad and taste wasn't as green since the wash soda likely masked it. HOWEVER to the tongue there was very fine spines similar to glochids all on the roof of my mouth and around my tongue. Last time the pain was unbearable due to the calcium hydroxide. The pH was around 12 based on pH paper. ZERO effects from quidding and I'll abandon this idea.

So either I have the wrong plant OR possibly my plant isn't mature enough to produce high content. My following attempt will be an extraction once I get around 50 grams fresh. I may attempt a tea but am a little worried about these fine hairs/spines that I feel from quidding. Once larger and hopefully flowering I'll see if I can confirm ID of the plant.
I have attempted to extract DMT from phyllodium pulchellum by using the A/B method,but failed.( In fact, I also failed to extract mimosa using this technology, with no output. I'm sure I conducted the experiment strictly according to this Cybs' Hybrid ATB 'Salt' Tek - DMT-Nexus Wiki But I didn't even get any crystals, someone told me why ? )
But by chance, I came across such a patent application article.

(You may need to use translation software to read this.)

The case in the article only uses ethanol to extract bioactive alkaloids, and the 5meo content generally accounts for more than 50% of the total alkaloids.

If you are interested, you can try one of the methods. I also hope that after success, you can share it.

I have attempted to extract DMT from phyllodium pulchellum by using the A/B method,but failed.( In fact, I also failed to extract mimosa using this technology, with no output. I'm sure I conducted the experiment strictly according to this Cybs' Hybrid ATB 'Salt' Tek - DMT-Nexus Wiki But I didn't even get any crystals, someone told me why ? )
But by chance, I came across such a patent application article.

(You may need to use translation software to read this.)

The case in the article only uses ethanol to extract bioactive alkaloids, and the 5meo content generally accounts for more than 50% of the total alkaloids.

If you are interested, you can try one of the methods. I also hope that after success, you can share it.
I’ll check out that paper later. I think you should check out the benzoic acid tek. Helped me a lot and fairly easy.

I attempted to extract from this plant as well and had a tiny yield so likely need more material than Julian reported. Next time I’ll be trying benzoic acid to salt rather than hcl.

Back
Top Bottom