• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Hi everyone, nice to join the community:) yv-xest

I think there wasn't enough ions in solution to get a measurement, or maybe I just didn't wait long enough when I checked. Apparently I should have been able to capture the solution climbing to 10.7 pH as 10mg of freebase dissolved and stole protons from water without adding any acid (ignoring CO2 for simplification). Plus the 5mg of freebase intrinsically dissolved. Apparently when it's distilled water, you can get a higher ratio of salt to freebase dissolved than at the pKa. 2:1 vs 1:1
I still think that you should be able to measure the pH of water, make sure that your pH meter is calibrated:) pH measures the "activity" of protons, and in water it should be slightly below 7. It's strange honestly to not get a value
 
Back
Top Bottom