• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Identify chemicals with radio frequencies - Nuclear Quadrupole Resonance (MRI without magnets)

I seem to remember a certain someone posting about this very subject a while back ;)

I guess the lack of existing libraries that you will have to create yourself will be the main drawback?
That and the (currently) large sample size required. Definitely worth checking the literature though. If it could be used for determining unknown structures like NMR can, that would be a major plus point. This would require making a highly sensitive, precision device since at present we can identify the sucrose from the label on the packet 😁

I seem to remember a certain someone posting about this very subject a while back ;)
Oh darn, there I was, thinking I found something cool and new, but nooooooo, that DownwardToTransformToZero person was already at it for over more than a year ago. 😆

Still though, it seems like a highly interesting step into democratizing high end substance analyzers for the greater public!

(p.s. did you already try to build one? :p)

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Oh darn, there I was, thinking I found something cool and new, but nooooooo, that DownwardToTransformToZero person was already at it for over more than a year ago. 😆

Still though, it seems like a highly interesting step into democratizing high end substance analyzers for the greater public!

(p.s. did you already try to build one? :p)

Kind regards,

The Traveler
I wish it was more like upward to something, this life of flakiness really bugs me sometimes. Then again, my cellar got flooded so maybe it would have got ruined. Everything happens (or not) for a reason…

Back
Top Bottom