So I keep seeing stuff about monsanto. People are marching, I guess. Good for them. But my response is always this: quit your job. Start a garden. GMO's are some seriously ill stuff. Nowadays they are everywhere...at least in the USA.
This video right here does an excellent job demonstrating the wealth distribution situation in america.
[youtube]
In the video, to simplify things, he breaks it down to a hypothetical 100 people, and shows how the wealth is spread out amongst them, with the 1 % guy hoarding obscene amounts, the bottom people all struggling. Imagine that scenario happening amongst a small tribe of people. My answer is the same as my answer about monsanto: quit your stupid job, grow some vegetables. Build your own house. Go back to the earth. Live in small villages. get your new shoes from the guy a few doors down the road, not from nike.
Most of the arguments that I hear against this type of talk fall into 2 catagories;
a) my cats get all weird when I give them a new type of food. When I switched them to raw meat they looked at me like I was crazy! "Man, this is NOT food", they'd meow at me. Cats. Thinking raw meat is not food. Raw meat is definitely cat food. Kibble, I'm not so sure about.
b) happy slaves. "I'm happy being a slave, besides I'm not really a slave". Thing is, the slaves I've met....not generally all that happy. And the forests keep getting smaller, oceans keep filling with plastic.
On the bright side; people slowly, slooooooowly seem to come around to my thinking about such things. Slooow painful baby steps, I see them all the time. 10 years ago, I'd log on to look at dmt teks--all naptha. Bit by bit, people begin to wake up and say, "hmm, petrol. the stuff that's ruining our world. I think i will not use that toxic garbage to extract my spice. Pass the vegie oil please". Backyard poultry, permaculture, natural building and other positive developments are also growing momentum.
I know I know, I'm asking you to change your lifestyle, I'm just some starry eyed hippy dreamer, your kibble is just fine, my plan sounds vague, idealistic, this does not fit into your reality tunnel so it automatically gets rejected ect ect. But just imagine, for 5 minutes, as a mental excercise, a world where electricity is a luxury, not a constant nessesity and where the people live in autonomous communities, and imagine all this (and more) actually working, and imagine it whilst singing Imagine by John Lennon.
This video right here does an excellent job demonstrating the wealth distribution situation in america.
[youtube]
In the video, to simplify things, he breaks it down to a hypothetical 100 people, and shows how the wealth is spread out amongst them, with the 1 % guy hoarding obscene amounts, the bottom people all struggling. Imagine that scenario happening amongst a small tribe of people. My answer is the same as my answer about monsanto: quit your stupid job, grow some vegetables. Build your own house. Go back to the earth. Live in small villages. get your new shoes from the guy a few doors down the road, not from nike.
Most of the arguments that I hear against this type of talk fall into 2 catagories;
a) my cats get all weird when I give them a new type of food. When I switched them to raw meat they looked at me like I was crazy! "Man, this is NOT food", they'd meow at me. Cats. Thinking raw meat is not food. Raw meat is definitely cat food. Kibble, I'm not so sure about.
b) happy slaves. "I'm happy being a slave, besides I'm not really a slave". Thing is, the slaves I've met....not generally all that happy. And the forests keep getting smaller, oceans keep filling with plastic.
On the bright side; people slowly, slooooooowly seem to come around to my thinking about such things. Slooow painful baby steps, I see them all the time. 10 years ago, I'd log on to look at dmt teks--all naptha. Bit by bit, people begin to wake up and say, "hmm, petrol. the stuff that's ruining our world. I think i will not use that toxic garbage to extract my spice. Pass the vegie oil please". Backyard poultry, permaculture, natural building and other positive developments are also growing momentum.
I know I know, I'm asking you to change your lifestyle, I'm just some starry eyed hippy dreamer, your kibble is just fine, my plan sounds vague, idealistic, this does not fit into your reality tunnel so it automatically gets rejected ect ect. But just imagine, for 5 minutes, as a mental excercise, a world where electricity is a luxury, not a constant nessesity and where the people live in autonomous communities, and imagine all this (and more) actually working, and imagine it whilst singing Imagine by John Lennon.
