• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Looking for answers/Intro

Migrated topic.

alimushman

Rising Star
Hi everyone,
My wife and I recently tried this amazing substance. My best friend of 20 years turned us on to it. He has been experimenting with it for about a year now and repeatedly urged us to try it. Especially me. Not in a pushy way, but more so, that he knew it would be helpful for me.
Ive been on medicine for 20 years for depression and anxiety. I have no reason at ALL to be depressed, or have anxiety. Ive taken just about every medicine, been to therapists, read books, etc,etc.
The medicines have helped, but don't fix the problem. therapy has helped, reading books like The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle, The Biology of Belief, etc help. But is hard to put into practice. Recently I tried a float tank, and found the answer to "should I try DMT?"
Being in the float tank was the most mentally uncomfortable experience Ive ever had. My brain, or ego rather, can't handle having no input. It took everything I had to stay there for 90 minutes. I went two more times and it felt the same.
So my friend was right. Maybe it was worth trying once to see if it can help give me a new perspective on things, or maybe chip away at my ego.

I was very nervous, especially physically. Anxious. For the past 8 months or so Ive done tons of research, all the normal videos,sites,books,etc.
I was mostly nervous about substance interactions.
I dont do party drugs. I don't drink. Ive never done anything other than legit doctor prescribed medicine and weed. I used to drink a lot in my younger days, but I don't at all now.

I might put up a video of a full detailed explanation of my experience. I didn't "break through" I don't think. I used a low dose due to my anxiety of it. Plus maybe some of the medicines Im on, and large part my ego not letting go.

I really want to explore more. But I need to process what happened the first time. And I need some definite answers to make me comfortable enough to not have the experience tainted by fear/anxiety.

That being said, I have searched, and can't find much info, or conflicting info, of info that leaves me confused still.
I shared some private messages on Youtube with a fellow who had a "experience" video. His video really struck me and I felt it was extremely moving. In our private messages, he said basically, dude, be careful with DMT and the medicine you are on, you can get serotonin syndrome which can kill you.

Ugh, Boom..fear back.

I take Pristiq for depression. My Doc wants me taking Xanax but I never take it. Ive searched on here too, maybe because I have restricted access, I found little info specific to pristiq.
I know when you take ayahuasca, it is composed of a MAOI so that the DMT in the drink can be processed by your body. I also know MAOI and Pristiq do in fact interact, and can cause harmful or fatal results.
But DMT itself isn't a MAOI ?
I can't ask my doctor, hey doc, I'm wanting to take this illegal drug, am I all good?
I can't stop taking it. IT would take weeks and weeks. Cold turkey isn't an option, I would get sick.
I know no one can give me medical professional answers here. All I can really hope for is someone smarter than me, and more experienced that me.

So Im trying to see if anyone here has any experience or knowledge, if its safe to take DMT (vaporized crystal) while on Pristiq.
I really want to explore more, but I can't until I get this settled. It colored/tainted my experience to heavily my first time.
If anyone would be interested in a video with lots of detail of my experience, let me know.
Great community you guys have, looking forward to hopefully continued experience and education!
Thanks y'all

At this point a did a quick search and couldn't find anything stating that this particular medication would be dangerous with dmt...

HOWEVER!!!!:thumb_dow

This medication itself doesn't really seam all that healthy since one of the side effects of it can be to cause serotonin syndrome by itself (possible death). I have included a few links to information about the medication including its effects which i think you should read. as well as links to the drug interactions wiki and a few posts with similar combinations. I would recommend doing a search of the forum and the internet yourself to find the information in the future... it is always better to do your own research than just go off of the word of others... One last thing... asking your doctor about DMT may not be as frowned apon as you think. Preliminary studies have been done that have shown the possibility of ayahausca to cure depression and other maladies. Although to be honest i would not expect you doctor to know to much about the specific interactions as it would not be a common question posed to them or even studied for that matter. The links are as follows.

Goodluck and be safe

~

There may be an interaction between desvenlafaxine and any of the following:

acetylsalicylic acid (ASA)
alcohol
antipsychotics (e.g., haloperidol, quetiapine, olanzapine, risperidone)
"azole" antifungal medications (e.g., fluconazole, ketoconazole, itraconazole)
axitinib
benzodiazepines (e.g., lorazepam, diazepam, clonazepam)
bromocriptine
cabergoline
cyclobenzaprine
desipramine
dextromethorphan
epinephrine
linezolid
lithium
nefazodone
norepinephrine
MAO inhibitors (e.g., tranylcypromine, phenelzine, selegiline)
midazolam
NSAIDs (e.g., ibuprofen, indomethacin, naproxen)
narcotic pain medications (e.g., codeine, morphine)
phenobarbital
pseudoephedrine
saxagliptan
sedating antihistamines (e.g., diphenhydramine, hydroxyzine)
serotonin antagonists (e.g., granisetron, ondansetron)
SSRIs (e.g., citalopram, paroxetine, escitalopram)
St. John's wort
sibutramine
simeprevir
tramadol
trazodone
tricyclic antidepressants (e.g., amitriptyline, imipramine)
triptan medications (e.g., naratriptan, rizatriptan, sumatriptan)
tryptophan supplements
venlafaxine
warfarin

It seems that's Pristiq has a vast range of interactions with various drug groups.ncluding benzodiazepines, opiates,seratonergic compounds like SSRIs as well as MAOIs. Of course, this is a "worst case scenario" precautionary measure, but still that does look like quite a wide range and should give pause. .

I am by no means a reliable source of information on this, but from what little I recall and understand triptans (Pristiq) are indole ring compounds, in the same family is very similar to tryptamines, and are listed as contra-indicated.

Welcome to Nexus, friend!

It is very good, that you are researching before diving in. There is a wide-ranging paradigm/consciousness shift occurring it seems; whether it is merely catalyzed through the many mentions of Aya, psilo and entheos in general are receiving in different media outlets-most of which portrays them in a good light -or if that attention itself is a result of a real change in the way westerners think is irrelevant now.

What is, is that things are changing, and there are more and more "normal" people; that is, folks unaccustomed to interacting in the underground drug world and while that's great it also opens up many possible dangers.

Your approach of cautious research and planning, joining a discussion group to suss out ideas is positive!That's the kind of thing embraced here, I, for one, look forward to hearing about your progress.

Peace, be good to you, and HAPPY TRAILS!

Thanks to both of you for the info.

I did mention ayahuasca to my doctor. She had never heard of it. I asked her to please consider looking it up, and I could even send her links to some of the documentaries. She said it sounded awesome, and she would check it out. She is in her late 30's, so she is a little more "hip" and with the times you could say. But, I didn't mention DMT on its own or that I had done it.

Ive been on pristiq for about 4 years. Before that it was cymbalta, before that...insert any other name here
Although the side interactions list Xanax and Pristiq and opiates as a risk, I have been on all 3 at the same time, as directed by my doctor and never had an issue. But, DMT is in another world. It scares me. In a good way i guess?
Like, to force a certain sense of respect and caution towards it.

As I mentioned, my biggest goal is to beat down my ego, so that I can try to no longer take medicines for depression and anxiety, because if I can break my ego down enough for "me" to work on things and turn it all around. But stopping for a few weeks just to try, isn't something I can just do.

I will definitely dig into the links you guys provided, I appreciate it.
I really want to dive deeper, but want to make sure physically, medicinally, pharmacologically, etc, that its safe.

Im not a doctor or chemist or biologist, so a lot of the info is hard for me to interpret.

As far as the word of substances such as DMT becoming more widespread, I think it can be in part attributed to the way information is spread via the internet. At some point in your life, you try to figure things out on a deeper level. For me, it went like this:
Trying to overcome depression/anxiety/fear of death.
Go to doctor, take medicine, change medicine, change medicine, go to therapist, change medicine, read books. Books like Biology of Belief or The Power of Now or any similar "alternative" self help book. I guess the kind that are more deep that self help for dummies. Which lead to watching videos of these authors doing keynotes or interviews on youtube.
I had heard of DMT a while ago, but had no interest, because I wasn't really educated on it. Even after my best friend told me, I was like..yea dude, good for you! But no thanks. Then videos on alternative healing for modern medical issues that traditional medicine fails at. Then information on the healing uses of ayahuasca really blew me away. Then to DMT.
And with the internet, you have more ways to hear about this stuff. Seeing the Spirit Molecule, then videos of doctors and therapists researching to see if ayahuasca can be used in western society....and so here I am.
I know I have a skewed view on life..or my ego does. So Im hoping to straighten that out.

alimushman said:
Thanks to both of you for the info.

I did mention ayahuasca to my doctor. She had never heard of it. I asked her to please consider looking it up, and I could even send her links to some of the documentaries. She said it sounded awesome, and she would check it out. She is in her late 30's, so she is a little more "hip" and with the times you could say. But, I didn't mention DMT on its own or that I had done it.

Ive been on pristiq for about 4 years. Before that it was cymbalta, before that...insert any other name here
Although the side interactions list Xanax and Pristiq and opiates as a risk, I have been on all 3 at the same time, as directed by my doctor and never had an issue. But, DMT is in another world. It scares me. In a good way i guess?
Like, to force a certain sense of respect and caution towards it.

As I mentioned, my biggest goal is to beat down my ego, so that I can try to no longer take medicines for depression and anxiety, because if I can break my ego down enough for "me" to work on things and turn it all around. But stopping for a few weeks just to try, isn't something I can just do.

I will definitely dig into the links you guys provided, I appreciate it.
I really want to dive deeper, but want to make sure physically, medicinally, pharmacologically, etc, that its safe.

Im not a doctor or chemist or biologist, so a lot of the info is hard for me to interpret.

As far as the word of substances such as DMT becoming more widespread, I think it can be in part attributed to the way information is spread via the internet. At some point in your life, you try to figure things out on a deeper level. For me, it went like this:
Trying to overcome depression/anxiety/fear of death.
Go to doctor, take medicine, change medicine, change medicine, go to therapist, change medicine, read books. Books like Biology of Belief or The Power of Now or any similar "alternative" self help book. I guess the kind that are more deep that self help for dummies. Which lead to watching videos of these authors doing keynotes or interviews on youtube.
I had heard of DMT a while ago, but had no interest, because I wasn't really educated on it. Even after my best friend told me, I was like..yea dude, good for you! But no thanks. Then videos on alternative healing for modern medical issues that traditional medicine fails at. Then information on the healing uses of ayahuasca really blew me away. Then to DMT.
And with the internet, you have more ways to hear about this stuff. Seeing the Spirit Molecule, then videos of doctors and therapists researching to see if ayahuasca can be used in western society....and so here I am.
I know I have a skewed view on life..or my ego does. So Im hoping to straighten that out.

My view on depression is a bit self centered but i dealt with it for a good while there, so i understand your pain to a degree. I would definitely do more research on the interaction with your medication, but remember Ayahuasca isn't just an maoi and dmt.. those are the primary known active ingredients but it is a boiled down solution of multiple plants containing many many compounds and different alkaloids , i would consider allergic reactions as well.

On a personal note depression for me was really about point of view, which is why my signature is what it is.. for example before Christmas as a child most people could barely sleep because of the excitement and anticipation.. it was something to look forward to however small it was significant at the time... for me i had lost things to look forward too.. After my experiences with dmt and some counseling(for past traumas) i started to look at the world differently. I saw beauty in the shear fact of existent.. Theoretical every atom in your body was once at the heart of a star like our sun. The only place currently known to create heavier elements from helium/hydrogen.. Think about how incredible that really is... i started to look forward to everything i enjoyed doing... everyone has something. This life is a playground and whether you believe you get more than one or not its a beautiful place and i hope you manage to see it that way.

I included a couple links about the studies with ayahuasca and depression

I hope the information helped. Goodluck:thumb_up:

EXACTLY!!!
you got it right.
Thats what I have come to the conclusion, or discovered myself over the course of many years. It is perception. Which, I guess I believe is in a large sense governed by the ego. Or at least is rearranged by the ego. So thats what I hope to get from going down this road. Breaking down my ego so that I can have a clear or different perspective on things.

Ayahuasca isnt really an option for me. Although now that its in the US, its more feasible. I think, from what ive "researched", I can get similar results from this. I hope so at least.

alimushman
Posted: Monday, March 14, 2016 3:33:26 PM

EXACTLY!!!
you got it right.
Thats what I have come to the conclusion, or discovered myself over the course of many years. It is perception. Which, I guess I believe is in a large sense governed by the ego. Or at least is rearranged by the ego. So thats what I hope to get from going down this road. Breaking down my ego so that I can have a clear or different perspective on things.

Ayahuasca isnt really an option for me. Although now that its in the US, its more feasible. I think, from what ive "researched", I can get similar results from this. I hope so at least.

well i wish you the best of luck, keep me appraised of your results if your willing. I like happy endings:grin:

As for the ego thing, the way i got over that for me at least is i realized the ego is finite.. Your collective experiences create their own universe so to speak. everything you've ever heard or been told or experienced puts limitations on what you believe is possible what you accept as fact and fiction and therefore how you see that would.. but you have to remember even in science NOTHING is impossible. The math suggests that there are an infinite number of realities with an infinite number of different experiences in them... In the words of Sheldon from big bang theory the math would suggest in one reality there is a Sheldon made out of CANDY LOL.. My suggestion would be to try some meditation and ask yourself all the questions your curious about in this state.. what do you think is holding you back. If you keep coming to the same answer that the depression is the answer, ask why your depressed really question it. i'm sure you have already, but if you really pick it apart you may not find a reason for it like i didn't, you may find that the depression is just a gieze for something else or a limitation you place on yourself so that you wouldn't go out and do certain things or act a certain way. Remember there are no limitations except the ones you make for yourself.

Not trying to be preachy i just wanted to share what helped with me.. I'm sure you'll find your way
best of luck.

P.s- as an example of your mind creating its own reality check out the show brain-games it will force you to see first hand how much your preconception of things effect your reality..

I would recommend looking into San Pedro cactus. It is legal in USA (not sure where you live). Also, while I dont recommend taking pharma drugs, San Pedro is generally safe if you are taking those (which you are). Only pharma drug I know that is dangerous with San Pedro is a rare schizo medication.

I would say San Pedro is maybe the best plant medicine for healing anxiety and depression and if you really want some insight and healing I would say you have a better bet here then with DMT. Others may disagree with me, but so far I do not think DMT is the best substance for healing depression even though it may help in some cases.

San Pedro is generally not very disorienting and usually fairly easy to manage for inexperienced users compared to other psychedelics. It is easy to get in USA and is also not in any way bad for your health. Easy to prepare and to work with.

Thanks again for the replies.

I know this will sound stupid. But I dont know how to meditate. I have tried several times, and no luck. Even watched videos on "how to" do it, as dumb as that sounds. I cant get my brain to shut the heck up long enough. I dont think you are being preachy, i appreciate the input. Thats what I am after!

I havent tried San Pedro, nor do I know much about it. I need to research it.
I will say, and I may have stated my intentions a little vaguely.
I want to explore DMT for many reasons. Call it what you will, ego destruction, new perspectives, exploring my inner consciousness, exploring other worlds, discovery, etc,etc,etc. But one thing I hope that comes of that, is a death of my ego which results in new views on myself and life, which can help me with depression. Im a full functioning, normal functioning social person, if I take medicine for it. Some days, I still seem to lack happiness for no good reason. So its not the worst case of depression out there. I just cant find happiness, even with all the amazing things and people in my life. No Joy.
But in order to get to these potential far away and revealing places in the land of DMT, my ego has to die, or it wont let me get there.

alimushman said:
Thanks again for the replies.

I know this will sound stupid. But I dont know how to meditate.

Not stupid, no one knows how to do anything until they try it for the first time. breathe, smile, laugh, you name it.

hmmm... The easiest basic method i could give you is settle in a quite comfortable room. Breath slowly and comfortably and calmly in though your nose and out through your mouth with your eyes closed. Let your body relax entirely with every breath. Each exhale let your muscles loosen more and more until there is no more tension.. you'll be surprised how much tension you keep when you usually "think" your relaxed... You should attempt this sitting on the floor or a mat if your laying down you run the risk of just falling asleep. concentrate on your breathing once your calm and your body is relaxed focus on nothing. If you want, try to just feel the room around you (an example of what i mean is if you walk into a pitch black room you cant see, your not touching a wall or anything, but the room still has a "feel" to it.) Ideas and thoughts will randomly flood your mind nonsense from work, things you have to do today, something your forgot. Whenever any of this pops into your head push it aside pay attention to the feel of the room again. This will let you train yourself for what you want to focus on.. once you have gotten used to this, you can use this state to ponder questions with complete clarity, or use visualization techniques and truly experience deep meditation.

once you have mastered this state you can use it to probe old memories, heal emotional wounds, and go back into "trance states" if you have or will experience dmt. remember the feeling of it physically mentally the way you thought.. Once you get the silencing your mind thing down... remember the feeling the state of mind how you felt physically what you saw what your thoughts were like. place yourself there remember it all as if its happening... with practice and time you should be able to enter that state(or a close approximation) with out the assistant of dmt itself.

I hope that made sense, sometimes my thoughts can be a little scattered.

Thanks for the tips.
When thoughts enter my mind..I cant just push them away. I know thats what I NEED to do, but cant figure it out. Let the thought exist, its ok that it exists, and then let it slide on by. I cant do that.
I definitely will keep trying to learn to meditate though.

Anyhow, for anyone that wants to follow along,
here is my first DMT experience. I hope to keep the journey going. I think there is a lot out there to discover about the world, life, myself, my mind, my soul, etc. In the meantime, Ill keep researching, learning, studying, reading, watching. And try to verify the safety of using DMT with the medication I am on before taking another ride.
***YOUTUBE Video***

Hi alimushman :thumb_up: I'm in a similar boat, with dothep and valpro on board.

Do you mind disclosing, approximately, the dose you took?

A little perspective: The most dangerous thing most of us will do today, by very many orders of magnitude, is drive a car - anywhere, or go near any others while they are moving. While our lives are enormously precious, the old adage: "A ship in the harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for" seems to apply.

Relaxing under pressure isn't easy, which is probably why not everyone is a star ball-player 😁 IMHO, I think having our anti-depressants may well be crucial for maintaining our calm early on, along with all the other strategies here. Perhaps think about lowering meds after some practice?

The risk of serotonin syndrome is real, but can be minimised. You and I are very likely more sensitive than others to the effects of serotonin-like substances. After talking with my doctor, building up a bit more physical fitness, and going veg for a month, I will try 5mg DMT, and see what it does. Not for a thrill, although that would be nice, but because finding stuff out is the purpose of my ship, 2nd only to the welfare of my child. And I really, really, really want to explore this enormous and previously inaccessable ocean.

The potential benefits may be manifold: think new thoughts, addiction management, healing to replace medication, self-knowledge and a hotline to the subconscious, whatever that may be. All linked. The brain runs on electricity and magnetic fields, yet no-one knows what a magnetic field is, or an electron for that matter. As far as I'm concerned all bets are off - perhaps we live in a simulation for baby consciousnesses, to be released into the adult world at maturity(enlightenment?).

The cost/benefit analysis is a very personal one. We don't have to do anything, really. But we choose to anyway. What is life for? Who knows, but having stumbled across a new frontier of it, I'm going to explore it, like you, as safely as possible: very gradually. I found this thread: Why you should NOT smoke DMT very interesting, and the more I read of DMT-nexus(random sampling is yielding better results for me than trying to home-in on what I think I need), the more confident I feel in the analysis.

Good luck in your quest, fellow traveller. You really do deserve it :)

Very well written post!
No doubt 99% of my fear and anxiety is self generated.
I'm not afraid of flying in a plane or driving 150mph or not afraid someone is gonna rob me, etc

Yet I'm worried about medical interactions. Lol just how my mind works I guess. Which I I hope to learn more about.

I took 25mg, vaporized. I take 100mg pristiq daily.
Thanks for the encouraging words. And good luck on your sails as well!

thanks yall. :)

Ive consulted with several people. And while anything is possible, and Im not taking medical advice over the internet, Ive come up with enough information to make me feel like statistically, there should be no adverse physical/chemical effects. This lowers my possibly irrational fear about it all, so I can start preparing for a 2nd journey.

Don't mess around with SSRI's and MAOI's. The risks are real and serious, serotonin syndrome can be life-threatening! So stay away from harmalas such as in banisteriopsis caapi (in traditional ayahuasca) and peganum harmala (syrian rue, an alternative for caapi).

The situation with dmt and ssri's is different. As far as I know (but I am not a doctor), there is no great risk of serotonin syndrome from smoking dmt (without maoi of course!). It is occasionally said that ssri's will lessen the effect of dmt, so that more is needed for an effect. But then again, the effect of a particular dose seems to be very personal anyway. In any case, always be cautious and start low. Test the waters toe deep, don't just dive in headlong.

Instead of ayahuasca, you might want to consider psilocybin, the active principle in magic mushrooms. It is related very closely to dmt, and does not require a maoi to be orally active. AFAIK it can be safely combined with ssri's. Ask your doctor to be sure.

Mushrooms are not very hard to grow for yourself, using grow kits that can be ordered off the net. You could also grow "magic truffles". These work just the same, require a little more time to grow, but can be grown much easier and less conspicuously than mushrooms.

Whatever the substance you choose, pay careful attention to the set and setting. This is a vital ingredient to the outcome of your endeavor. The saying goes that there are at least three ingredients to a psychedelic experience: first the person taking it, then the other people involved, and only third is the actual substance.

Psychedelics dissolve the ego and the defenses associated with the ego. While the defense mechanisms can get spun out of proportion and cause needless psychological suffering, in principle they serve a natural purpose. Make sure that you are in a physically, psychologically and emotionally safe place, where such defenses are not needed. When all is right, you and the psychedelic substance can work together to experience what it is like to experience yourself and the world without the defensive shell that precludes the nourishing contact with yourself and the world.

BTW, did you investigate any kind of body work as a therapeutic avenue? I recommend anything that helps to relax through breathing. I don't mean complicated techniques, just the simple attainment of relaxation through breathing out. Sometimes, it can be that simple. While this may initially stir up difficult emotions and tensions, it can in fact help you to make things tangible, workable and resolvable in ways no talk therapy could.

Be safe!

I suffer from bad depression and social anxiety. I came into DMT very much like you after the medicines, therapy, books etc. I read some articles on ayahuasca and some almost miracle accounts of it freeing people from anxiety and depression so I came to regard DMT as a bit of a last resort and once I got there was sort of hoping for a bit of a magic bullet.

So far I have had two massive 3-4hr experiences and two heavy ones and my anxiety and depression are just the same for now. What it has done is help me see what is important, really understand I am cared about and to stop pushing these people away or denying them and there really isn’t anything awful or bad in the recesses of my mind. Here was the biggest one if you are interested: 4hr experience from re-x 'red wax' - First steps in Hyperspace - Welcome to the DMT-Nexus

I remember in an interview with a musician them saying that with psychedelics the real goal was to try get to the same places without them. I think I’m starting to understand that. I thought that in the experience I could somehow get in and root out the cause or fix me but I think it is more the reverse and that I need to try and take what I ‘know’ and feel in there experience back into normal life to help fix me.

On fear, this has been a big problem for me and I’ve realised just how much my mind fights like mad to try and control and hang on. They key for me has been to find a way to surrender knowing it isn’t a fight I can win and hang on to the feeling I had when I realised nothing awful or bad was locked away in my mind. I’ve also only been treated well by DMT and never given anything I couldn’t handle. A quote from The Secret Chief on this: "the only way to bring light to the darkness is to first embrace the darkness"

Aside: I’ve taken Pristiq’s close generic, Venlafaxine and went through hell in withdrawal - it does have a bad reputation for this so if you do decide to discontinue it please be careful.

Back
Top Bottom