• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Mesc HCl conversion to Mesc Citrate?

Keeb

Rising Star
Hello,
I have been using a lye/xylene/HCl extraction for years and had OK luck with it. However I have been toying with the CIELO tek these last few weeks and have a couple of questions I've not found when reading other posts:

1) is anyone else having issue with the citrate crystals become sticky after drying and storing? I am having significant clumping and sticking to the bottom of my storage container. Perhaps it is the unconditioned environment (garage) where they were temporarily stored. Perhaps they are hygroscopic?

2) Separate issue from the above, I have a container with tan HCl crystals which I would like to convert to citrate, but I'd read that lye is too strong a base for use with ethyl acetate. Is it OK to basify these HCl crystals with lime and proceed via CIELO? Or might the lime react strangely with the HCl crystals?

I've not had issues storing in vials but I have with storage in capsules. Nothing significant just a tiny bit of moisture from the air, just seems to react with the citrate and gelatin of the capsules.

If you have HCL already, why convert iady

Last edited:
My mescaline-citrate powder I have in storage is doing quite fine, and the same with my mescaline-HCl, both seem to be very stable salts.

Of course, like always, I store it dry and cold in the fridge (with of course no outside UV light).

So like @_Trip_ I see no reason as why you would like to convert from HCl to citrate form. The HCl form contains more actives by weight as well.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

The citrate salts weighing more than the HCl salts is unfortunate but not as concerning for me. I was considering converting the HCl to citrate because there appears to be less nausea and vomiting with the citrate salts. HCl salts have always made me (and most but not all of my friends) vomit. Nan at the Nook once told me that vomiting was the price you pay with mescaline, no matter the purity. But perhaps that is not true with the citrate salts?

Thanks for your perspectives on the citrate salt storage, it is appreciated.

I'd appreciate input on the HCl to citrate conversion, if anyone has successfully blazed that trail.

The citrate salts weighing more than the HCl salts is unfortunate but not as concerning for me. I was considering converting the HCl to citrate because there appears to be less nausea and vomiting with the citrate salts. HCl salts have always made me (and most but not all of my friends) vomit. Nan at the Nook once told me that vomiting was the price you pay with mescaline, no matter the purity. But perhaps that is not true with the citrate salts?
The first time I saw a person take mescaline-citrate that person purged from it (was about 300mg actives IIRC). ;)

What works best for me versus nausea with mescaline, is taking it in enteric coated capsules. That way the capsules will only open in your intestines and not in your stomach where all the sensitive nausea receptors are. This way I have almost no nausea with mescaline, even not with 800mg+ of mescaline-HCl.

Just make sure that after taking the enteric coated capsules you drink a lot of water afterwards, else the capsules might just stay in your stomach doing nothing for a pretty long time. 😇

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Back
Top Bottom