• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Monthly crystal growing contest

Migrated topic.
Hi ppl :) i was thinking about crystal growing today, i will be experimenting very soon with my little crystals. I dont have much experience about crystal growing but i said to myself; Why dont we have a monthly crystal growing contest on Nexus :):) where we can see nice crystals from different people and get good info about everyones crystal growing teks and suggestions from experienced growers. :)

It sounds like real fun :) More than a competition it will be a nice visual gallery and info source. :) It needs no coding.. just a thread with poll will be enough :) and an announce mail a week before submissions.

What do you people think.

Sounds like fun! We'll become DMT connoisseurs, only smoking the biggest and clearest crystals :)

I'm game as soon as I can get some n-heptane!

hmn, while on the one hand I am for it - because everyone loves nice clear crystals, on the other hand I am against it. as it may create an unnecessary element of competition here on the nexus.

Why wait for a contest? do your best now for the sake of doing your best. I know what you mean but why would a contest be necessary?
Who needs a JUDGE I have no use for them:)

PEACE
MV

I agree competition is not terribly useful.

It'd certainly be nice to see more of people's creations and teks though.

think of it as less of a competition, and more an art gallery. there isn't a better or worse, just a different and all incredible ^^

shoe said:
hmn, while on the one hand I am for it - because everyone loves nice clear crystals, on the other hand I am against it. as it may create an unnecessary element of competition here on the nexus.

Why wait for a contest? do your best now for the sake of doing your best. I know what you mean but why would a contest be necessary?

Dudes the winner gets no prize :) nothing more than congrats.. However gives out his tek and exhibits his artwork. Its not a real competition its just a monthly exhibition for crystal growers and a chance for others to ask questions and learn may be.. its name is "contest" to just make it a monthly activity, that people wanna participate nothing else :p.

corridors of my cells said:
shoe said:

Dudes the winner gets no prize :) nothing more than congrats.. However gives out his tek and exhibits his artwork. Its not a real competition its just a monthly exhibition for crystal growers and a chance for others to ask questions and learn may be.. its name is "contest" to just make it a monthly activity, that people wanna participate nothing else :p.

Sounds good to me the Nexus Monthly Crystal Exhibit:)

I will be waiting for the first show.

Here are some nice sized "1000 petaled lotus" crystals[/url] I made using the D-Limo/FASW tek, plus a Naptha freeze precip recrystallization, then a room temp recrystallization/grow using Heptane.

It's post #164, if the list takes you to the wrong one...had trouble with this before....

Planning another extraction for the near future & I'm sure a certain amount of the final yield will have to be recrystallized with heptane at room temp again, to grow some more of these beauties...I'll add them when that time comes.

cheese
WS

WSaged said:
Here are some nice sized "1000 petaled lotus" crystals[/url] I made using the D-Limo/FASW tek, plus a Naptha freeze precip recrystallization, then a room temp recrystallization/grow using Heptane.

It's post #164, if the list takes you to the wrong one...had trouble with this before....

Planning another extraction for the near future & I'm sure a certain amount of the final yield will have to be recrystallized with heptane at room temp again, to grow some more of these beauties...I'll add them when that time comes.

cheese
WS

Nice xtals.. Is using heptane so much difference?

ismokecrystals said:
sort of like a "bud of the month" contest on marijuana growing forums.

Thats exactly what this is, and exactly why it would get competitive - even if there is no prize.

Quick question:

Can you get anywhere close to these crystals with naptha.

SWIM's scoured all of vancouver for bestine with no luck.

If you could you give a brief description?

THANKS ALL

yes you can get somewhere very nice with naphtha, not the same but very nice long crystals also... Just evaporate VERY slowly..

put it in a place with no wind, maybe almost completely cover the container.. then forget about it and check days/weeks later :)

endlessness said:
yes you can get somewhere very nice with naphtha, not the same but very nice long crystals also... Just evaporate VERY slowly..

put it in a place with no wind, maybe almost completely cover the container.. then forget about it and check days/weeks later :)
Someone else on here mentioned that he had very good results with cycling his precip container from the freezer to the fridge and then sitting out on the counter before going back in the freezer. His reasoning was that the smaller crystal formations would re-dissolve, while the larger ones would grow over time.

q21q21 said:
Quick question:

Can you get anywhere close to these crystals with naptha.

SWIM's scoured all of vancouver for bestine with no luck.

If you could you give a brief description?

THANKS ALL

i didnt remove the yellow layer from my evaporation so its yellow. but i think color problems can be solved its no problem... what i do is i take the leftover naphta after freeze precipt and apply slow evap to that in a big evap dish. Using a wine glass is the best, you need a curvy bottom to grow bigger crystals.. im gonna try xtlyzing all stuff i have in my hand.. just to get some experience.

Attachments

• xtalz.jpg
    xtalz.jpg
    422.4 KB · Views: 0
So basically something relatively skinny (low surface area) with a curved bottom is best.

So how about covering a campaign glass with plastic wrap + a rubber band then poking a single hole with a pin in the top?

Or would it be better without a hole?

SWIM IS EXCITED!

Back
Top Bottom