• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

My Changa Experiments

I’m currently trying to evaporate alcohol the Changa on the yellow plate, it’s being proper stubborn getting it dry and I’m not sure why.
IMG_3152.jpeg
The other pile is all my other Changa, once all dry I’m going to do an A/B on it and see if I can get back up-to 1.7g DMT back out of it.
I’ve put the yellow plate in a warmer place to try get the last bit to evaporate so it doesn’t smell like alcohol before I grind it up for the A/B.
 
Sadly it's the reverse of what I'd wanted, Changa is definitely interesting stuff, though the feeling in my chest and cough from a tiny amount of Changa last weekend is only just going away a week later.
A couple of mid-week Vaped DMT+Yoga sessions have felt quite healing though, so I guess my body doesn't appreciate smoke these days, or whatever the pyrolysis of DMT/Harmine/Harmaline creates that my body doesn't appreciate.
 
Sadly it's the reverse of what I'd wanted, Changa is definitely interesting stuff, though the feeling in my chest and cough from a tiny amount of Changa last weekend is only just going away a week later.
A couple of mid-week Vaped DMT+Yoga sessions have felt quite healing though, so I guess my body doesn't appreciate smoke these days, or whatever the pyrolysis of DMT/Harmine/Harmaline creates that my body doesn't appreciate.
Same here which is a shame. I in any case don't really need to take the DMT as Changa since I am predosing with Harmala tea, but the one week recovery from smoking is becoming a deterrent now. Like do I want this experience enough to go through near a week of chest and throat discomfort and coughing.

Only thing is I have a large batch about a few years worth made with Muelein which is supposedly the 'healthy' or smooth leaf to smoke so I will gradually get through much of it but DMT combined with it really extracts a price.

I will definitely be leaning more into the vaped DMT options going forward.
 
Only thing is I have a large batch about a few years worth made with Muelein which is supposedly the 'healthy' or smooth leaf to smoke so I will gradually get through much of it but DMT combined with it really extracts a price.
As with all smoke, no matter the source its not good. I think I'm a bit sensitive to inhaled things like dust, chemical vapours and various household cleaning products, I can literally find some products offensive to my senses and they will make my nose, back of throat and sinuses very uncomfortable.

Looking back at my notes I found Raspberry Leaf and Damiana the easiest smoke.
Mullein flower, a little harsh and very much the same as mullein leaf.
Raspberry leaf, smooth smoke, some slight fruit notes.
Passion Flower, smooth smoke, easy to take, slight hint towards dental gas.
Damiana, easy to smoke, the most flavourful of the bunch, herbal character with something I recognise but can’t quite pinpoint, ample smoke maker.
I think the Dental Gas tasting note on Passion Flower is to do with the compounds created when you burn Harmine, I can't find the place i read it now but it creates Nitric Oxide, so my vague guess is that it may have been this that caused my 'Changovers' and dodgy chest.
How often are you eating peanut butter before and after a sesh?
I'm a post-sesh PB user, I usually have a big fat line of it. 🤯 :LOL:
 
I always had a bad lung feeling/heaviness along with heavy bodyload using freebase alks from 8 times mansked harmaline/harmine hcl mix, after having enough chest pain and deciding this lung feeling is off-putting, decided i would convert it to just harmine by reacting the mixed hydrochlorides with alcoholic nitric acid to get pure harmine, otherwise one can also do a la VDS separation using either 5 cycles of bicarb/carb or using pH meter... changa made from 2dmt:1harmine:1thh:1plant base has been very smooth, no lung pain, compared to dreaded 2dmt:1harmine:1harmaline:2plant or 2dmt:1harmaline:1plant, i dont know why folks at nexus, even the newst changa guide thread doesn't talk about such different compositions of other alks.. only mentions "nice with harmine only", to me the "harmaline" makes the changa more potent, more visual, hits faster, but the extra potency comes with veery bad chest pain and less color to the visuals... and even depression afterwards and sometimes headache/changover...
 
to me harmaline shines best when taken orally, maybe it combusts into toxic shit when smoked, unlike the planar aromatic harmine and THH which are more greasy and thus vaporize during combustion better? i've tried harmaline changa, it's a different thing entirely from just THH and Harmine combo changa... I used to enjoy Harmaline changa but seeking a different-colors stoning corporeal/numbing/bodyload changa at the price of lung pain and bad sideeffects is no longer my thing, i'd rather do the THH and harmine combo which is stimulating, feels like nothing in my body and smokes so much smoother.. and I'd rather keep the harmaline for oral pharma or for combination with mushrooms.

just look at alkaloid composition of caapi, it only has very tiny amount of harmaline, so maybe try to reduce the harmaline to very minimal amounts and see how if you'd still get the lung pain :)
 
Good to know, interesting to read.
I feel like I've made my choice for now just to back away from Changa, and i don't currently have the patience to start separating Harmine and Harmaline from my extracted harmalas or converting to THH, if these things happen across my path then maybe a future Changa experiment will happen. Until then I'll stick to oral harmalas prior to vaped DMT.
 
Ok so someone may be able to advise, I'm going a mini A/B on all my Changa to try get the DMT back out of it.
I've done an acid soak on it all, rinsed the herbs off a couple of times, Based it to between pH 12-14, all the harmalas are floc-ing out but not settling, I think I'm going to have to filter this before I try and add any Naphtha to pull the DMT.

Anyone any idea if I need to filter? Will the Naphtha dissolve the harmalas?

Thanks
 
Maybe adding too much base made the solution more dense, also dmt should also precipitate and float identical to harmalas, it always does in a mini A/B if sufficient base is added, and while harmalas "normally" settle, they do tend to float if the basic solution is more denser due to extra excess base. shaking with naphtha will only pick up DMT though and won't pick up any harmalas
 
Will the Naphtha dissolve the harmalas?
You might have to try hot butyl acetate if you can get hold of any. Otherwise, dilute the solution before the DMT has been pulled and the harmalas should sink. You don't want the harmala particulates messing with the DMT extraction, risking an emulsion with the naphtha.

Those are my ideas at least, but maybe just an outburst of cognitive flatulence.
 
I don’t know why anyone would want changa over sublingual harmalas before vaped DMT.
Cuz sometimes I don't want or have time to wait. My changa is already made, so it's easy to put it in a bowl and get everything I want at once. I thoroughly enjoy experiencing the other components of changa as well, from their smells and tastes to individual character and manner in which they augment the experience. I also thoroughly enjoy smoking and vaping harmalas. Preference I guess.

One love
 
I've always enjoyed a smooth swiss alps pristine smoke of THH+Harmine combo, 1gTHH:1g:Harmine:2gDMT:1gHerbs is very smooth indeed and is smoother than cigarettes, but swapping the THH with Harmaline and even diluting with more herbs so 1Harmaline/1Harmine/2DMT/2Plants smoke always felt harsh and heavy, like breathing veeeery strong tobacco smoke or even heavier and trying to hold it in... Maybe one should listen to the body more and pick up those signals/signs that the body is giving, so if the body/lungs doesn't enjoy the rough smoke of harmaline, then one ought to probably consider those signs or maybe decrease harmaline content even more? But I use straight pipe not a bong so maybe a bong would fare better and would clean the smoke from pyrolysis byproducts and just generally make smoke smoother?

Also from this thread:
"So this once again shows smoking harmalas may not be the most rewarding ROA."

THH vapes at 160 degrees nicely but majority of rue "mixed harmalas" combust/pyrolyse and just generate heavy lung feeling.. I know it's sad because harmaline makes the changa a lot more potent for ones seeking extra potency, but it does dull and darken colors and sedates, causes headaches after for some folks but maybe that's due to perhaps toxic pyrolysis byproducts tainting the experience and being a cofactor that cannot be denied, who knows? But isolated Harmine does not cause heavy lung feeling though so, I'm leaning towards keeping the harmaline for sublingual and oral, and perhaps just tiny pinch added to THH/Harmine Changa to emulate Caapi alkaloid content.. So my lungs would rather prefer that I sublingual some harmaline, and smoke some THH/Harmine changa in the pipe any day

Or maybe one should investigate smoking salts instead, I'm thinking THH acetate would definitely absorb better than THH freebase that vapes well but doesn't absorb in the lungs that well, Harmaline acetate would probably not pyrolyse/degrade like its freebase counterpart? And DMT acetate also would probably not turn foul-smelling due to degradation like delicate freebase. People do smoke resins and acetates are not a new thing but I guess further advancements can indeed be made when it comes to changa composition? I did indeed notice Harmaline acetate made a la stoney brosky tek doesn't give me a rough lung sensation like freebase Harmaline, interesting stuff. But noticed an acetic smell and acidic vapor when I tried DMT acetate a few days ago, perhaps due to nose-undetectable odor of lingering vinegar or maybe due to freebasing occuring with heat only.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom