• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

My experience of Cannabis on Nerve pain / Neuropathic pain

TransistorBass

Plants🌿eh, who knew!
Donator
Joined
Nov 1, 2025
Messages
1,030
Merits
9,891
Seems an under-used area of the forum so here goes with my personal experience.

Years back i did Cannabis for shits & giggles, though for the last couple of years it has been medically prescribed and I'm completely fixing my nerve pain.

I used to have a loads of shooting pains around the side of my head and i was alternating pain killers every day to keep them at bay, I did some experimenting with CBD oils (Full spectrum whole Plant is best) then came across a study on the DrugScience website which talked about Cannabis for Neuropathic pain.
I then set about sourcing some weed, not wanting to meet dealers I decided to grow a few plants and proved the good bud would fix my pains.
I've been seeing docs and Neurologists, tried amitriptyline which gave 18 hours of pain control, but also started to make me a bit of a dick after a few beers, some selective memory loss and very frustrating trying to pee when you get up at night and just stand in pain waiting for things to happen! Tried a GON-Block injection in the back of my neck which lasted all of 24 hours before making me feel very weird, tried acupuncture and massage which were all very nice but did not help, then next drug to try would have been Gabapentin and franckly.... I wasn't going to go there! It just felt stupid to pile myself full of pharmaceuticals and suffer the side effects.

Cannabis / Medical Cannabis gives me a full 24 hours pain free and no side effects.
At first the weed seemed to point out where exactly the pain was before I'd feel it slowly melt away, the more consistently I took the weed on an evening the longer the pain reduction lasted.
Dosing: It has taken me a while to dial in my usage, and I blend my varieties, I'm usually CBD heavy but enough THC to feel like you're getting a warm hug, I vape 0.25g in the Pax Mini after an evening meal, then a little 0.1g hit on the Dynavap later in the evening. *I am pain free, and I hardly ever have regular headaches either now*
I find that if I'm too CBD heavy it disrupts my sleep so sometime I tweak my blend to increase the THC content.
I manage to avoid being forgetful (Easier said than done these days when you've just passed the 50yo mark!)

Secondary benefits I noticed:
Mental capacity is improved, I think faster and can talk more freely without an intrusive mind making me shy. It literally felt like a long extinguished light had been turned back on in my brain and i was working at full capacity again.
Sleep is generally deeper with less waking up.
 
Last edited:
Gabapentin sorta sucks ime with it anyway. Some people seem to really like it I guess.

Cannabis also works for me pretty well for nerve pain from spinal inflammation. It’s the only thing I can and have used daily for years without much negative intrusion into my life. It doesn’t even block my dreaming like most people seem to experience.
 
Yes , THC works fine against Neuropatics pain . Although i enjoy smoking after a day of duty but i can't stand to get high in the day time ; i'm simply not able to do anything ! I've lost plenty of time in my teen age years this way ! :ROFLMAO:
 
Now I’m back in the gabapentin! Well not exactly yet but it’s been prescribed for the next 6 weeks. I thought it was my spondylitis flaring up in my right SI joint but after 15 days of pain that gets unbearable times, I’ve been told it’s a herniated L-5 disk compressing nerves. Can’t work can’t surf can’t anything for 6 weeks.

I don’t like gabapentin…but I tried dilaudid last week and didn’t touch the nerve pain. I’m already on celecoxib for spondylitis and the emergency dr last week told me to take 4 grams of acetaminophen per day with the dilaudid and my celecoxib! lol I don’t really want to live like that for 6 weeks.

I can sleep a bit usually after I take a huge dab and started huge oral cbd doses a day ago. I was out of cbd the day I woke up like this so I think now I will store away a ton of CBD and probly kratom..which I was also not taking at the time so did not have any. For sure kratom has helped with this same pain in the past more than hydro morphone did. I was surprised that weed seems better for this pain than the opioids. The only thing they have given me so far for this that really helped was nitrous. They gave me nitrous at first because I was almost crying from the pain.

All I wanted to do when I got out of there was lay on the ground and inhale as much THC as I could. Quickly!
 
Back
Top Bottom