• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Site New moderator: Nydex

The Traveler

The Moxylator
Staff member
Admin
Donator
Dear Nexians,

Due to certain requests from the moderating team, it came to my attention that they had @Nydex in mind to be included in their select company. 😁

Looking at the posts of Nydex and the welcoming badge already in the pocket, I understood why they would like Nydex to be added to their team and when I asked Nydex about joining the team there was a nice "I've never been happier to have my door kicked down" moment where Nydex happily agreed to join the mod team.

So all, be aware that Nydex now joined the mod-team!

Kind regards,

The Traveler

I guess I have @Voidmatrix to thank for putting in a good word about me, haven't I? :) As well as anyone else that has done so, of course. Thank you all. I already told Trav this, but it really is an honor for me to be part of this whole thing.

I've learned a lot since I've joined. I've had many amazing interactions with people whom I see as infinitely more wise and experienced than myself. And this powerful sense of belonging and camaraderie that is ever-present in the Nexus has not only made the good times better, but has also gotten me through some difficult times as well.

Nothing but love for you all. ❤️

😁

You can also thank yourself for being awesome. You earned this through your well established and well rounded character ❤️

One love
Awww you're too kind! Having people like you all in my life is why I think I'm overall a decent human being, albeit flawed in some very human ways.
Congratulatoins Nydex! I'm sure if the moderators wanted you on their team you will shine very brightly and are already a huge asset to this place.
Thanks Pandora, I'll do my best to help with whatever it is that needs to be done to keep the Nexus the amazing place it is right now.

Speaking as someone who tries to give this place a lot of time, it would be great to see Moderators play a more active role in the Forum and the chat. And not just The Traveler, Voidmatrix and Transform. dreamer042 in the chat. It seems like they carry a huge load here and yet there are lots of moderators I almost never see posting in the Forum or present in the chat.

I know it takes time and people's interests change and move on but let's be honest about the world we live in and the things that demand our time . . . . .this place is WORTH it.

Speaking as someone who tries to give this place a lot of time, it would be great to see Moderators play a more active role in the Forum and the chat. And not just The Traveler, Voidmatrix and Transform. dreamer042 in the chat. It seems like they carry a huge load here and yet there are lots of moderators I almost never see posting in the Forum or present in the chat.

I know it takes time and people's interests change and move on but let's be honest about the world we live in and the things that demand our time . . . . .this place is WORTH it.
I will remove the non-active mods for now from the [Staff] list.

Then we can see who are the real mods here. ;)

Kind regards,

The Traveler

I feel like there's a select few of us that took it really seriously when we became moderators and others may have just thought it was nice and kinda cool in the moment.

Even in times I'm not interacting (like the last few months) I'm still making sure things are running smoothly. I don't think it's as much of a priority for some of the others, which okay.

Then, life happens. 😁

One love

Hummm... I can't but keep thinking of FuckCombustion/VaporAsylum somehow.

All i can wish mister Nydex is to preserve his humanity better than others did since the word "moderator" found its way in current language, similar to the BBS days so to speak.

IMO This position is a man eater, volunteers should be asked no more than a year, preferably 6 months i'd say. You'll never be the same again, similar to Eve after eating the apple, before being expelled from Heaven...

Good day, have fun!! ☮️

Hummm... I can't but keep thinking of FuckCombustion/VaporAsylum somehow.

All i can wish mister Nydex is to preserve his humanity better than others did since the word "moderator" found its way in current language, similar to the BBS days so to speak.

IMO This position is a man eater, volunteers should be asked no more than a year, preferably 6 months i'd say. You'll never be the same again, similar to Eve after eating the apple, before being expelled from Heaven...

Good day, have fun!! ☮️
I've never been power-hungry, so I doubt this particular power will corrup me, but hey, who knows. Let's see in a year 😆

It's virtual so i guess both optimism and/or corruption would end up in a same virtual place anyway, while progress in the real world is made of exceptions, so good luck joining the rare ones!

I notice being in the « Announcements » thread, hence i'd spontaneously post my invitation to get some hands dirty, e.g. via an activity involving semi-DiY handcrafting... If available please consider ways to push the Y2K-like VaporGenie concept just a few steps ahead, which IMHO is already rooted in aerospace technology - literally...

What type of VG "handle" would suit best?? Bronze-Sherlock, alu/wood Classic or semi-DiY silicone bong?...

How handy are you in a workshop? Perhaps the visit of an incorruptible might even help communicate some "fun", who knows!!

🧑‍🏭

It's virtual so i guess both optimism and/or corruption would end up in a same virtual place anyway, while progress in the real world is made of exceptions, so good luck joining the rare ones!
Serious question for you: do you think we, here at the DMT-Nexus, are corrupted?

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Back
Top Bottom