• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Site New moderator: Nydex

I know that wasn't aimed at me but I feel compelled to chime in here:

I suggested Moderator positions be temporary and rotate way over a decade ago. That is not how things work here.

The moderators here are as human as anyone else. Excessively INFREQUENTLY there has been and perhaps will again be abuses of power. From arbitrary bans to not defending violations of the Attitude to blatent hypocrisy. But these events have been super RARE on a forum with a lot of members and a huge number of posts.

The moderators tend to be very focused on making this place better and helping members rather than on a power trip. And given a few years most of them just kind of naturally become less or inactive.

Also, whether new or regular members are aware of it or not, moderators take a LOT of abuse from folks who have issues around conflict and from trolls and they keep coming back dealing up huge helpings of caring.

The moderators appear to be chosen by The Traveler with advice and recommendations from other moderators. This does make it a kind of exclusive club. But it is no big deal because they are trying to help folks not bolster their own egos.

This place is owned and operated by one man. It is not a democracy nor is it a social utopia. Nonetheless the ongoing high quality and good work of the moderator team makes this place shine like it is in hyperspace.

That's a most involving question considering "corrupted" and "corruptible" are 2 different words, while this was supposed to be about welcoming a member who's committed self-sacrifice, hence my intention to reply « i'll corrupt you with my semi-DiY invitation », for example. Then it still would be time to ask about being corruptible. In any case i must observe the offer remained unanswered, so... Honestly, i don't recall visiting one board free of any oddities at any time, then there's the « ghost in the machine » which i happen to haven pointed a finger at just recently: i still can't have normal use of font size functions and on-line parsing proved most creative with my BB Code. That too is involving. Well, who feels handy in a workshop?

It's a real question.

🚀

then there's the « ghost in the machine » which i happen to haven pointed a finger at just recently: i still can't have normal use of font size functions and on-line parsing proved most creative with my BB Code. That too is involving. Well, who feels handy in a workshop?
For such issues you should actually write a bug report to the creators of this platform software: XenForo

That it does not work with your unusual setup is not something I am willing to put the little time I have in, and any change I would make is a liability due to compatiblity with standard future upgrades.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

I know that wasn't aimed at me but I feel compelled to chime in here:

I suggested Moderator positions be temporary and rotate way over a decade ago. That is not how things work here.

The moderators here are as human as anyone else. Excessively INFREQUENTLY there has been and perhaps will again be abuses of power. From arbitrary bans to not defending violations of the Attitude to blatent hypocrisy. But these events have been super RARE on a forum with a lot of members and a huge number of posts.

The moderators tend to be very focused on making this place better and helping members rather than on a power trip. And given a few years most of them just kind of naturally become less or inactive.

Also, whether new or regular members are aware of it or not, moderators take a LOT of abuse from folks who have issues around conflict and from trolls and they keep coming back dealing up huge helpings of caring.

The moderators appear to be chosen by The Traveler with advice and recommendations from other moderators. This does make it a kind of exclusive club. But it is no big deal because they are trying to help folks not bolster their own egos.

This place is owned and operated by one man. It is not a democracy nor is it a social utopia. Nonetheless the ongoing high quality and good work of the moderator team makes this place shine like it is in hyperspace.

Since you felt like it was appropriate to make it clear, i acknowledge your point about democracy, even welcome it. The greatest power is one that doesn't need be used - or abused exactly. If i were to express concern that would be about on-line display difficulties causing weird interactions, or if moderatorship is on the menu i'd be worried about hate imports, from FC as i previously mentioned. Will the new moderator manage better with all the challenges already explored? My guess is we all wish the best of luck to the players, but don,t ask me to ignore what i witnessed before.

:eek:

The principle of Peter... All i remember is a stairway, then a precipice. ;)

Really, handcraft work ain't this messy.

...not something I am willing to put the little time I have in...

Fine, i was expecting this reply elsewhere but now is as good as any time. Just send another staff member examine what i already got and tell what's to avoid, or maybe you've got other plans, etc. I've started to adapt to whatever functionality was left, your input is still welcome (in the dedicated phantomed thread).

Fine, i was expecting this reply elsewhere but now is as good as any time. Just send another staff member examine what i already got and tell what's to avoid, or maybe you've got other plans, etc. I've started to adapt to whatever functionality was left, your input is still welcome (in the dedicated phantomed thread).
There are no other staff members available for this, you best report this at Xenforo.com since they created this software (and it's not an issue with a setting AFAIK).

Kind regards,

The Traveler

So, now can i try to corrupt the new moderator with my VG transformations, please?
full

... Memories slowly returning, some XenForo read awaits my attention.

Back
Top Bottom