• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

[NEW] Policy regarding discussion of different drugs

Migrated topic.
MerryPrankster said:
Hey Trav, it says on the chat page: "This site focuses mainly on the 'classic' psychedelic substances: DMT, Aya, Harmalas, Cacti (mesc), Iboga, Mushrooms, LSD, LSA, LSH, Salvia Divinorum, Cannabis, Bufotenine and 5-MeO-DMT. However, discussions about other substances are allowed as long as it is done in a respectful and intellectual manner. Please read this thread before you discuss any substance."

"This thread" links to -this- thread, which says: "CHAT USERS, PLEASE NOTICE!

I would like to point out that the content of this post regarding the way of communication is also important for the CHAT. However, regarding the allowed substances on the CHAT, this rules still stands for the CHAT:
Only 'classic' psychedelic substances should be discussed on the CHAT: DMT, Aya, Harmalas, Cacti (mesc), Iboga, Mushrooms, LSD, LSA, LSH, Salvia Divinorum, Cannabis, Bufotenine and 5-MeO-DMT. If you are not sure if something can be discussed in the CHAT then please ask or PM one of the moderators before you make a post."

There is a slight disparity there.
Thank you for notifying me about this. I removed that last part about the chat.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Glad to see this bumped and it is indeed very reasonable and rational.

This place stands out for a reason after all, and that reason is a very VERY good one :thumb_up:

One thing I am curious about: is all the objective data being collected for analysis? If not, the reports still seem anecdotal.

More Nexians may be willing to provide a detailed objective data in a standard format if the data were compiled. I, for one, would love to play with a dataset exploring the relationship of body weight to vaped DMT experience duration.

Nitegazer said:
More Nexians may be willing to provide a detailed objective data in a standard format if the data were compiled. I, for one, would love to play with a dataset exploring the relationship of body weight to vaped DMT experience duration.

I can't answer your question about data being gathered but I will say there's a lot more at play than body weight when it comes to this. In particular once I gave up smoking (nicotine is a mild MAOI) the duration of my vaped DMT experiences plummeted. As another example other people's bodies may produce more or less monoamine oxidase A or they may have more or less receptor sites, be on SSRIs, etc. etc. This doesn't even get into user error (burning spice, mis-weighing the dose, etc. etc.)

I think the data may be interesting to look at but ultimately I don't think we'd really be able to draw many objective conclusions from it without a lot more information.

edge2054 said:
I think the data may be interesting to look at but ultimately I don't think we'd really be able to draw many objective conclusions from it without a lot more information.

Certainly, there are a large number of subjective or poorly measured factors that muddy the waters when evaluating user submitted data here on drug experiences. However, I'm not talking a full regression analysis, but just a sense of correlation and strength of correlation. The template for comparative analysis by Enoon is wonderful, but few use it (I'm guilty of this myself :oops: ). Maybe a sub-forum could be dedicated to a basic set of objective data.

It just seems that there is an opportunity to collect some interesting data here that isn't quite happening yet. Given some time, the combined efforts of Nexians could lead to some interesting study.

polytrip said:
I think this is the type of policy that in the end will prove to be most effective: instead of having to invent a new rule everytime a new problem occurs, it's best to just stick to what we have in terms of rules (a required attitude) and apply it to all possible new situations.

THIS can be applied to life, folks. Keep it simple.

I thought it was time to give this thread a quick bump. Not only will this advice keep our platform/community as it should be, it is also good advice for every day life and your work with natural medicines/teachers.

Peace

Macre

This would seem like a good thread to review for the new year, and new years to come. Thank you Traveler for the balanced and informative write-up. :thumb_up:

Back
Top Bottom