• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Official Avatar Discussion

Migrated topic.

DMT Psychonaut

Witness to Humanity
Joined
Mar 13, 2011
Messages
225
Merits
42
Hey Nexians, I haven't been around here in awhile but I've had this thread in mind for sometime. Since I can't always spend a decent amount of time around here to get to know the people in the community better, I thought of a creative way that will help me learn something signifacant or unique to each of your personalities.

The idea is this: Share something about your Avatar.

What was the idea behind choosing the image you chose.

Why did you choose it, does it have any significant value to you?

Does it represent you in anyway?

If you've changed your avatar, was there a specific reason for the change?

Maybe you want to post your old avatar and compare the difference between the old and the new?

I've noticed some of you change your avatar frequently, what goes into choosing your avatars?

Is there any theme or pattern in those choices?

Also feel free to discuss any significant meaning associated with your nexus name.


I'm really interested to see what everyone has to say, so have at it.


Here is why I chose my avatar.
Before I joined the Nexus I googled a bunch of images for psychedelic art, lucid dreaming, and other mystical images to add to the slideshow for my desktop background. My avatar was the favorite out of all those images. I picked it for my nexus avatar because I felt it depicted the oneness with the universe kinda feeling you can get from psychedelics or deep meditation. And I'd say my choice in my account name is pretty obvious 😉
 
Cool thread, I'd be interested in knowing peoples stories about their avatars too!

Honestly, I've always been very interested in space and the cosmos, I find them absolutely beautiful.

Also,

On my first psychedelic experience that reached level 4, after some weak LSD and 6 hits of cannabis which I am HIGHLY sensitive to when tripping, I watched the intro to the documentary The Universe on history channel.

As the scale zoomed out from our planet to solar system to section of galaxy to galaxy, etc etc, I broke down and fell to the floor and cried harder than I ever have in my entire life.

My first HUGE enlightenment..sticks to me to this very day. So I decided to make my avatar a part of a spiral galaxy.

:)
 
Mine is "The Treasures of Satan", a painting by Deville. Been into Deville's stuff before DMT, and the tentacles on Satan's wings as he arches over the lolling heads of the humans seemed appropriate. Also, note how he is punching one hand through space. See the ripple? Also note the psychedelic landscape.

A fascinating work, and I think the common christian misconception/corruption of Lucifer is shown by the beauty and contrast in this piece.
 

Attachments

  • delville_treasures_satan1.jpg
    delville_treasures_satan1.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 0
Mine is always a self portrait of some kind. Monkey boy in full bloom! While this seems so blatantly vain, I simply cannot deny or escape my mortal self-definition and figure I ought to play with it a little. As I am a devoted flute player (no that's not a bong, it's a shakuhachi), I often depict my online persona Blowing Zen. Of course, I amp the psychedelic appearance, given this fine venue's predilection for entheogens. 😉
 

Attachments

  • Rising+Spirit.jpg
    Rising+Spirit.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 0
Mine is the picture of the greatest shaman ever, Mayan God L:


elesid1w.jpg




To see other gods from the same vase, look here:

The vase of eleven gods depicts the gathering of gods at the very beginning of our current mayan cycle(about 5 thousand years ago), where they placed something important into order. The same scenery is depicted in the vase of seven gods. End of our current long count cycle could mean there will be a next gathering soon, who knows...
 
My avatar is an old picture of me from my carrying people across the desert days. Now they've put me in the office so I've put on a bit of weight since then. Honestly, a guy like me can't treat himself to one wild plumbush without it going straight to my hump!
 
Ive been using one of my cacti for a while. I swap it in and out... usually when I'm a little drunk (not sure why that is)

I just (sober) switched to this current one, which is a mutt P. Torch I harvested this tip.... its a few feet away rooting away on the heating pad.

The spines of this plant stab me like no other. Even spinier plants don't attack like this one does. Something about the subtle angles etc. I haven't tested its activeness, but I do have a couple feet set aside for that very purpose. Unless it ends up being a super potent clone, I will likely never harvest this guy again... to painful. Plus, the plant is so pretty.
 
My avatar was a misfire photo. I was out taking BW pictures of psychedelic fungus and I had my dog with me, and I was getting up and down from the ground. Some time during that photo session I accidently shot a picture of my dogs snout and lower lif/teeth.

enjoy, the avatar and the owner of that great set of pearly whites.
 

Attachments

  • 433473954-boca.jpg
    433473954-boca.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 273.jpg
    273.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 0
Nice ones!
I always loved your avatar Icehouse, it reminds me of a Francis Bacon painting.

As for my own avatar... proud to say I made it myself - or rather, 3d modeled and rendered it using an old alchemical illustration as an example.
 

Attachments

  • draakscratches03.jpg
    draakscratches03.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 0
From the comic, 'Eternals'.

Pretty self-explanatory, to myself and me, of course.

( > ( > ( > ( > B-O~O-M < ) < ) < ) < )
 

Attachments

  • eternalsgaimanjrjr.jpg
    eternalsgaimanjrjr.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 0
dreamer042 said:
House linked me to some Dadara art and when I saw it, I knew it was the right avatar for me 8)


oh man THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH, this guy is incredible!!!!! love it

oh and by the way my avatar is a jewel I spotted last season, its small perfection just defines what mind set guides me right now in this incredible adventure called life; an astounding potential hiding within the small and fragile!...
 
DMT Psychonaut

Thank you for this lovely thread... My avatar is from the book Faeries by Brian Froud and Alan Lee, my parents had the first edition around while i was growing up and i used to spend so much time just paging through the book on many an afternoon. This specific piece is my favourite by far and as it has such a beautiful dream like feel i thought it would be perfecrt for my avatar as i have always been a dreamer. As for my name Aegle it comes from Greek mythology, Aegle was one of the daughters of Asclepius the Greek god of medicine and healing. The name Aegle was derivied from the word brightness and as my parents and friends used to call me sunshine, i dont think i could of come aross a better name.

14b3w21.jpg


Thank you everyone for sharing your posts as i have really enjoyed learing more about you guys... 😉


Much Peace and Happiness
 
Back
Top Bottom