• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Official Avatar Discussion

Migrated topic.
A great topic may it thrive,
cool to see that alot of images were posted and survived the times and were not lost in avatar history

was actually thinking to change mine and this is a chance to leave the cool monkey in the company of the wicked avatars who dwell here



always wanted to meet a monkey and i did on my travels and this a picture of one

i chose to make him an avatar from the feeling i can get sometimes while tripping mostly from LSD as if im devolving back to only instincts sort of a more primitive state :lol:

and the association that comes from that of evolution & monkeys

not that that is what i belive, just relatable :lol:
 

Attachments

  • Moonkey.png
    Moonkey.png
    852.8 KB · Views: 0
downwardsfromzero said:
downwardsfromzero said:
Koornut said:
@downwards I always liked your old one :)
Actually I was thinking of changing it back, or perhaps putting a new illusion in its place. The Ouchi is good because, thanks to its simplicity, it still works on the scale of the avatar. Other, less simple illusions suffer from aliasing problems which detract from or completely eliminate their effect.
As you can see, I've come up with a new one. It combines the "Cafe Wall" illusion with the Ouchi illusion in a sense that the central circle of the latter is applied to the former. I then decided to play with the colours a bit, first swapping out the black and white for red and blue, then adding green in diagonally - thinking I'd adjust the distribution of the red and blue to match. But I stopped at that because the effect is quite cool, I think.

The difference between looking at the image in small or large size is also quite interesting. Large version attached:
resource.ashx

Have you seen this new research where a deep neural network has been trained to recognize moving visual illusions? One of the authors has an interesting website (one example below).
 

Attachments

  • sakurasfs.jpg
    sakurasfs.jpg
    354.4 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom