• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Prayer really makes a massive and undeniable difference in one's life

Why wouldn't someone tell me why he thinks what i said is illogical? If no one did then how would i know? Since im so convinced in what i say.
Well that's confusing. How can you make a claim that you've used logic and then act naive to logic? I would also say that many people have tried to show the nature of fallacy in your prose without using logical terms. But I have to ask, what do you mean by logic, because logic is about form not content.

To answer the question on the nose, this obviously is a meaningful topic to you, so to challenge the underlying assumptions and rationale can be hard for you, so people may be looking out for your feelings. It's called social grace and it's what helps people get along well.

One love
 
I am saying open yourself up to the fact that these beliefs will be dissected if you want to participate in communication with other people. It’s fine.

With this specific topic, i don't, i'm just sharing a message, those who want to hear it are more than welcome, those who don't want are also more than welcome to ignore my posts.
If you don't want those who disagree with you to comment on your threads, then the only way to avoid that is to not post them. This is basically the definition of preaching and against the rules anyways.

Lol, what idols? I only worship the most powerful being of all, i didn't add lables or names to him, i said Allah (god in arabic) that's it, "GOD", everything i spoke is extremely simple and easy to understand, yet we like to be confused for some reason.

Or perhaps it's just a problem with the messenger and not the message.
Those are all labels/names/concepts as well
 
How can you make a claim that you've used logic and then act naive to logic?
I obv don't see myself as naive to logic, im just saying since you all think what im saying is illogical, explain how then, i didn't run away from any question that was asked.

I would also say that many people have tried to show the nature of fallacy in your prose without using logical terms.
My friend, i'm explaining the reason why i think what I believe in is true, and no one has ever challenged that reason, they challenge the belief, but when i explain the reason of why i believe in that, i get no answer.
 
I obv don't see myself as naive to logic, im just saying since you all think what im saying is illogical, explain how then, i didn't run away from any question that was asked.


My friend, i'm explaining the reason why i think what I believe in is true, and no one has ever challenged that reason, they challenge the belief, but when i explain the reason of why i believe in that, i get no answer.
You're floundering.

No offense, I see you as naive to logic. You have yet to answer my question on what logic is to you.

Reread this thread. People have addressed the reasoning, rationale, and logic. You're choosing not to see it because you have an unconscious and implicit desire and expectation for validation. Take the blinders off, put the phone down, close the computer, go touch grass.

One love
 
But I have to ask, what do you mean by logic, because logic is about form not content.
Logic is always flawed and won't have a proper definition, but for me there is something called common sense, maybe your common sense is different, that's fine, i'm just a random guy speaking.
 
Logic is always flawed and won't have a proper definition, but for me there is something called common sense, maybe your common sense is different, that's fine, i'm just a random guy speaking.
Common sense is a myth of wishful thinking. Common sense also isn't logic in and of itself.

Your lost.
Not all who wander are lost. How about you?

One love
 
Common sense is a myth of wishful thinking. Common sense also isn't logic in and of itself.
That's fine, still, no one would properly explain how my way of explaining my belief system is not common sense, if they did, they misinterpreted what i said, i would tell them what i meant, and they won't reply back.
 
That's fine, still, no one would properly explain how my way of explaining my belief system is not common sense, if they did, they misinterpreted what i said, i would tell them what i meant, and they won't reply back.
I could literally breakdown your post with both truth tables and logic proofs, but it would fall on deaf ears (eyes) because you don't have the background. Look into truth tables, proofs, validity, soundness, and cogency. I also work full time and am getting my masters, so educating you for free isn't a priority.

Maybe not all, but most, but you are lost because what your saying about me is simply wrong, i'm not seeking validation.
😉

One love
 
Leave my other threads behind now, i'm talking about this thread specifically, please break it down, i'm willing to listen, but read my posts carefully, don't rush.
While I want to help you, hence my presence here, I'm sorry, no. Again, I work full-time and am getting a master's degree, I don't have a lot of free time and the free time I do have I cherish.

You can help yourself by checking out Logic and Rationality by Robert Hanna, Introduction to logic by Sui Fan Lee, and Symbolic Logic by Virginia Klenke.

One love
 
While I want to help you, hence my presence here, I'm sorry, no. Again, I work full-time and am getting a master's degree, I don't have a lot of free time and the free time I do have I cherish.

You can help yourself by checking out Logic and Rationality by Robert Hanna, Introduction to logic by Sui Fan Lee, and Symbolic Logic by Virginia Klenke.

One love
Exactly, that's what i thought, all of that was for nothing.

Nice try, changing the reaction from laughter to facepalm to look good.
 
Last edited:
Spot on, but replace "of course you believe that it works" with "of course it works"
According to the one that believes it to be so. Of course, if it didn't work, one would believe it to not work afterwards. It's circular logic. Pretty weak.

By the way, I think this thread is more likely to make its readers unwilling to pray than the opposite, if the result is supposed to be what you're exhibiting here.
 
Back
Top Bottom