• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Pure DMT Fumarate from freebase DMT

Migrated topic.
Coschi said:
It was pure..
hmm, food for thought

acacia obtusifolia is the source

Maybe it formed DMT N-Oxide sometime before or during the process. That might make it oily. EDIT: Under certain conditions DMT N-Oxide rapidly forms, especially if a fan is blowing over the DMT at any time.

theoretically could u salt your NP during extraction with a fumaric acid aqueous solution then evap the water to make the fumerate as is done with mescaline extracts?

Yeah. That works just fine.

In fact you could even boil off most of the water afterwards to speed up the process because DMT fumarate has a boiling point much higher than water. Then when the water is down to a small amount, let it evaporate it off completely.

After the water is completely gone, then you'd dissolve the DMT fumarate in MEK to get rid of the excess fumaric acid. The DMT fumarate dissolves in the MEK but the excess fumaric acid doesn't. So you let the fumaric acid fall out of the MEK, filter the MEK, and evaporate the MEK to get pure DMT fumarate.

cool...SWIM doesnt have a seperatory funnel and salting is a pain without 1 jus wanted to kno 4 knowledge sake. Hows is the dosage affected if it was in freebase form compared to salt? For example a suggested dose for insulfated freebase dmt is 100 to 200 mg w 100 bein a light experience and 200 mg bein insanity. Would u adjust the doses because the salt is easier to absorb etc?

EDIT: DON'T TRY THIS TECH!!! There's an error in it. SWIM is looking into this and will fix this tech. Until then DON'T TRY IT. It doesn't work as stated. SWIM thinks maybe the acid was MISLABELED IN HIS LAB.

SWIM is not sure. A few other SWIMs found the tech didn't work right.

SWIM is looking into what's wrong. SWIM is doing some tests right now.

SWIM did the steps himself and they did not work right for him either. SWIM did it before and it worked. So something is messed up in the notes that were posted.

SWIM thinks maybe non-dry MEK was used, but is not sure. He'll straighten this out and fix the TECH.

Sorry about this.

69ron said:
EDIT: DON'T TRY THIS TECH!!! There's an error in it. SWIM is looking into this and will fix this tech. Until then DON'T TRY IT. It doesn't work as stated. SWIM thinks maybe the acid was MISLABELED IN HIS LAB.

Hi 69ron ,

Swim wanted to make a couple grams Fumarate these days and happily discovered your tek , i'm glad I havent started yet.
I hope you can fix this soon , if so , maybe i can donate some Photos of my results to illustrate this.

Regards 😉

i just joined DMT Nexus. but ive been making DMT for a while. never got crystals HAHA now i know why.. let me know when you get this TECH fixed sub lingual DMT sounds AWESOME.

cant i get MEK at the hardware store?

Hey 69ron,
I just found this posting you wrote on another Forum
Does this process work indeed?

69ron wrote on another forum :

DMT weighs 1.6220298095976565865426036012751 times as much as fumaric acid. So for every 1000 mg of DMT you need 308.26 mg of fumaric acid. Remember this is two DMT molecules for every 1 fumaric acid molecule.

Fumaric acid is soluble in acetone at 1.30 gm/100ml. So 50 ml of acetone is plenty enough to hold 309 mg of fumaric acid. I beleive that freebase DMT is freely soluble in acetone.

Here’s the quick tech:

1) Completely dissolve 1000 mg of freebase DMT in 50 ml of acetone.
2) Completely dissolve 309 mg of fumaric acid in another batch of 50 ml of acetone.
3) Mix for 1 minute and evaporate at room temperature to give DMT fumarate.

There are 2 DMT molecules for every 1 fumaric acid molecule in DMT fumarate. It's like this DMT+fumarate+DMT. There's a DMT molecule on each side of the acid.

That 308.26 mg number is calculated based on the molecular weight of fumaric acid and DMT. One molecule of DMT (molecule weight = 188.269) weighs 1.6220298095976565865426036012751 times as much as 1 molecule of fumaric acid (molecular weight = 116.07). It’s like this:

DMT molecular weight = 188.269
fumaric acid molecular weight = 116.07

188.269 / 116.07 = 1.6220298095976565865426036012751

Because we need 2 DMT molecules this is the equation:

1000 mg DMT / 2 = 500 mg of DMT.

500 mg of DMT / 1.6220298095976565865426036012751 = 308.255740456474513 mg of fumaric acid.

So we round that up to 308.26 mg of fumaric acid for 1000 mg of DMT to make DMT fumarate.

do the measurements have to be EXACT? if SWIM was to weigh out 1 gram DMT and .3grams fumaric acid on a conventional digital scale with an accuracy of .1 ..... would that be close enough ?

i just found this product online would it be an acceptable form of Fumaric Acid?

SWIM bought this product last week, still hasn't arrived. When it does, SWIM will weight the contents of a capsule, should be 500mg fumaric, if it's more then it is very likely that it has fillers. In any case though, SWIM will try to use it and post results.

69ron said:
This place has it cheaper and it's pure food grade powder. They only ship within the US though.

fumaric acid - Filter Results

awesome i saw that site before just couldn't find it again. thanks for the link i bookmarked it

SWIM has a pretty good amount of freeze precipitated crystals if one was to convert it to the fumaric acid (salt?) would there be a gain or loss in molecular weight? would the dosages go up or down?

SWIM had a dream about DMT fumarate being fairly hygroscopic;

Briefly, fumaric acid was added in acetone and left dissolve for a couple of days. Fumaric acid the acetone and the excess undissolved precipitated on the bottom. Meanwhile, 100mg DMT were dissolved in 0.5 ml acetone.

The fumarate-saturated acetone was added dropwise in the acetone-dissolved DMT causing clouds of precipitation. After a few drops the solution was centrifuged to collect the acetone insoluble DMT fumarate on the bottom of tube. This was repeated until addition of fumarate-saturated acetone did not produce more clouds in the acetone-DMT solution. All the precipitates was collected and dried.

Now the funny part:

Upon drying the crystals off acetone they appeared fairly solid, however as time passed they turned gooey (presumably due to the absorption of ambient humidity). The goo was collected and dried at 37 C in the presence of silica beads to give crystalline dmt fumarate that could be easily scraped off the dish. The final product weighted ~130mg (good, this was expected for a starting material of 100mg dmt freebase).

This final product did not turn gooey again in the open air.

Back
Top Bottom