• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Recording sounds from inside hyperspace! Advice/idea's here!

Migrated topic.

Cosmic_Reality

***Colony Wars***
Joined
Jun 27, 2012
Messages
145
Merits
42
Okay this is pretty simple idea, I want to record the audio while inside hyperspace/waiting area etc. Document then post it here in a high quality format. Any suggestions for a simple apparatus that could work? Lets get creative, this could a first, in documenting sounds, music, and entities in there. :)
 
Cosmic_Reality said:
Okay this is pretty simple idea, I want to record the audio while inside hyperspace/waiting area etc. Document then post it here in a high quality format. Any suggestions for a simple apparatus that could work? Lets get creative, this could a first, in documenting sounds, music, and entities in there. :)

I like your enthusiasm... :thumb_up: :d but all the audio is going to pick up is you moaning and making strange sounds.... and then at the end of the trip... there'll be an exclamatory remark along the lines of "OMG what just happened..." etc.... 😁

Happy and Safe Travels :thumb_up:
 
lol i guess that wont work. But if anyone thinks of anything a "proof of concept" or something post it here
 
If your going for audio you might as well try and get some video footage as well, seems equally challenging....


Perhaps those machines they are developing that can sense thought will help...

:)
 
I'm not sure even with technology that we could record something like that. Makes me think of the Double Slit Experiment.
 
In principle there may be a part of the brain that specifically is about interpreting sound, as distinct from processing actual sound signals. And in principle, at some future date a crude recording could be pieced together from a scan of this brain region. But it would probably be low resolution sound, not in any way like an AIFF file or whatever. The musical equivalent of Stephen Hawking's voice.

I think we would be better off trying to recreate the sounds from scratch using electronic music gear. Keep a thread going where people could comment on each others versions, and eventually we could narrow it down to the most compelling ones. I know that's not the same as getting a direct wetware recording, but it's way more within reach.
 
Cosmic_Reality said:
It safe to say that I didnt think this idea out as far as I should. :)

Nothing wrong with expressing yourself and your ideas though (no matter how outlandish they may seem). :d :thumb_up: DMT is impossible.. and learning about it and researching can excite ones imagination and can also provoke impossible thoughts.. trust me I know. I've came back from some breakthroughs and discussed some pretty outlandish things with fellow psychonauts for hours on in... nothing wrong with it... on top of that this a forum so discussion is the mode of communication. Don't feel any kind of way about it... we are all just brainstorming here... :thumb_up:
 
As Guyomech suggested, recording does not seem to be possible - reproduction is the only way atm.

So arm yourself with a cool pack of synthesizing gear, and play after you return. When you get a reasonable result, share it.
 
Well as long as we're talking reproductions, here's a recording I made that was heavily inspired by a chiming lullaby I heard in hyperspace. The music I heard was in a tuning slightly off from Western tuning, but in perfect harmonic 4 part harmony as well. I was unable to recreate this aspect of it, and the melody's not the same, but the vibe is definitely there: haunting, high tinny ringing lullaby. It's all done with an acoustic guitar in one take. Only effects are compression and reverb.

Mayan Lullaby
 
I'm happy when i get an alien transmission in audio. Happens when I'm coming out of sleep sometimes,

once, during a period, when I was reading a lot of WW2 material,, they chimed in (in their high pitched melodic vocals) and warned me not to acknowledge Hitler. Far out huh?
 
Global said:
Well as long as we're talking reproductions, here's a recording I made that was heavily inspired by a chiming lullaby I heard in hyperspace. The music I heard was in a tuning slightly off from Western tuning, but in perfect harmonic 4 part harmony as well. I was unable to recreate this aspect of it, and the melody's not the same, but the vibe is definitely there: haunting, high tinny ringing lullaby. It's all done with an acoustic guitar in one take. Only effects are compression and reverb.

Mayan Lullaby

Very cool. Evokes a few spanish flamenco chords I know well.
 
Back
Top Bottom