• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Ronsonal Lighter Fluid is useless, FULL LAB

Migrated topic.

Impeccable

Rising Star
what follows are the thoughts of my imaginary friend

Purpose
So I've concluded, after 4 failed attempts, that Ronsonal Lighter Fluid absorbs less dmt per volume.

Materials
50g MHRB
12 tablespoons of lye (more than enough)
500mL water
Ronsonal Lighter Fluid
Mason jars

Methods
Simple STB like Noman/Lazyman

Data
1st attempt, 3 pulls
mixed - not too well
30mL, 30mL, 50mL, respectiviley
Evapped - some little green dust that turned into goo, so got nothing

2nd, 3rd, 4rth attempt, 3 pulls
mixed - very well
each pull between 20 - 40 mL (was going to do a freeze precip)
Freeze precip 12 hrs in max freeze settings, each pull had it's own jug, poured out naptha - nothing, not even dust

Discussion
All 4 attempts failed cause no spice was ever extracted from the lye/mhrb, the one that got closest was the first one (green gooy dust), in which the most lighter fluid PER PULL was used.

.4 ml / gram of bark is a fair amount (source Noman's tek - DMT-Nexus Wiki), that means 20mL would've been fine but it seems with Ronsonal Lighter Fluid, you have to use much more

Conclusion
Ronsonal Lighter Fluid is not a very desirable non polar solvent since it does not absorb a lot of spice

FAQ
I did an extraction w/ Ronsonal and got a nice yield
- You were probably using 50ml or more / pull, with 50g MHRB of course
You had crap bark
- the seller was from ebay but had 33 + reviews, some of which even said the product was good, plus even a bad product would at least yield something
You had pH too low or you don't know how to mix
- the pH was plenty the solution was smooth and it was mixed well (hot conditions, mixed hard and for long time)

Impeccable said:
Big Inhale said:
Impeccable said:
well someone else mentioned the water, I went with 10ml/gram mhrb the recommended amount is 15 thus a deviation by 34% (which I think is significant no?)

Plus I didn't use a lot of naphta and I only had 50g MHRB, combine all this together and I think it makes some sense

for my next attempt (FIFTH TIME! I would've given up by now but I still have 200g MHRB from this source, I can't just through that away) I'm going to get VM & P naphta, it's cheaper, so I'll use much more, and do three different pulls, 25ml 50ml 100ml and see what that gets me.

Plus I'll make the water 15ml / gram mhrb
1.mix 50 Grams lye with 750ml of water.mix thoroughly.
2.add 50 grams powdered mimosa mix thoroughly(shake the fuck out of it)let sit for at least an hour.
3.add 100 ml of naptha(in your case 50ml of ronsonol) shake the hell out of it for at least an hour
4.separate naptha and freeze.

If you follow this simple method it will work.You should combine all your ronsonol to get 100 ml. Also you wont have to evap any if you freeze precip your solvent in a flat 9×13 flat pyrex dish. Dont deviate from those numbers.I know that this is irritating but stick with this. When it works you will be satisfied.

So beautifully simple, so you do 2 pulls then? How do you mix it and how long for each mix? Don't tell me you shake none stop for an hour.
You should do at least three 100ml pulls. Mix the naptha and bark solution by shaking the container it is in.1st pull needs to sit at least an hour second pull at least 24 hours third pull a week. first pull shake every ten minutes for an hour before separating solvent. This spice will be very yellow you will need another solvent for a recrystalization DO NOT SMOKE UNTILL THEN.

Big Inhale said:
acolon_5 said:
I always have heard that ronsonal evaps dirty. Beacuse of that I've never bothered with it, plus it's a bit expensive compared to hardware store naphtha.

Has someone evaped a decent amount of it (500mL or so) to see what kind of residue it leaves behind?
it is dirty very yellow spice. Needs at least one recrystalisation needed in different solvent.

I was refering to just the ronsonal. If you evap it straight from the can you will end up with a nasty residue...at least this is what I've heard. Possible rust retardents or other nasties could be lurking in there....again, I've only read this online and have not performed my own tests on it. VM&P brand evaps very clean, that's what I work with so I tested it out first.

acolon_5 said:
Big Inhale said:
acolon_5 said:
I always have heard that ronsonal evaps dirty. Beacuse of that I've never bothered with it, plus it's a bit expensive compared to hardware store naphtha.

Has someone evaped a decent amount of it (500mL or so) to see what kind of residue it leaves behind?
it is dirty very yellow spice. Needs at least one recrystalisation needed in different solvent.

I was refering to just the ronsonal. If you evap it straight from the can you will end up with a nasty residue...at least this is what I've heard. Possible rust retardents or other nasties could be lurking in there....again, I've only read this online and have not performed my own tests on it. VM&P brand evaps very clean, that's what I work with so I tested it out first.
I was also referring to Ronsonol. I have also seen spice pulled with Ronsonol very nasty looking almost like bright yellow earwax. Nothing like naptha pulled spice.

I have evaporated ronsonal lighter fluid on its own and I didn't see any residue.

In fact I put a few drops of lighter fluid on a plate and beside it I put a few drops of tap water. I ended up with more residue from the water.

I also use exactly the same lye crystals as Impeccable does, even bought from the same store he mentioned.

I put equal parts lye and MHRB into the appropriate amount of water depending on the size of extraction.
I let it sit for an our.
Then I add some ronsonal. I have an Erlenmeyer flask, so I add enough so I can see enough solvent at the top of the flask for easy extracting.

I heat up the ronsonal and add it up to 6 times then combine all the pulls into one container then straight into the freezer.

By morning I have 1g based on 200g MRHB.

It really is fool proof if you have good bark.

It has always worked great for me if freeze percipt. It will not grow xtals however so it is worthless for cleaning spice ie re xtal.

I can produce some fairly clean spice by evaporation if you have the patience for a slow evap. Just make sure you watch it and when the solvent is almost completely evaporated and spice has formed in container tilt the container so the last bit of thick oily solvent runs AWAY for your spice deposits. Then allow to fully dry.

If it is all you can get you can then allow to fully dry and wash again with Clean ice cold solvent. Its not the best but for me will work I have gotten some pretty clean spice with it of course it requires a modified tech but works for me.

You dont need lots of it either you do your pull then freeze percipt to remove the spice. Then warm or heat and REUSE the same solvent freeze percipt and repete... This can be done a number of time and works great for small extractions up to a kilo or so.

I would assume it most likely varies in purity depending when were ect.. you get it after all it is lighter fluid.
Naptha is stinkier but better

PEACE
MV

Big Inhale said:
acolon_5 said:

Ronsonal also contains heptane, if im not mistaken is hetpane not responcible for pulling lots of jungle spice and fats?
this could explain the "dirtier" spice mentioned earlier,
and wow, reviving an old thread :)
just my thoughts

I have used ronsonol both as my main naptha for extraction and again for re-xtal, the spice after freeze-precip is somewhat yellow but not too much. After re-xtal with fresh ronsonol it's pure white.

Oh and I must agree putting FULL LAB in the thread title is misleading.

Back
Top Bottom