• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

San Pedro?

Migrated topic.

Yugambeh

Rising Star
Joined
Jul 21, 2019
Messages
186
Merits
42
We have a Cacti store nearby who is selling these, is it San Pedro?


Thanks

/Y
 

Attachments

  • 8F912EC8-7353-409B-9810-E6C66B61C404.png
    8F912EC8-7353-409B-9810-E6C66B61C404.png
    573.5 KB · Views: 1
To young to really tell but it does look like a Trich, possibly Peruvianus. The seedlings probably aren't very expensive so if you have the available sunlight needed then buy several, grow them and you'll find out when they get bigger. If they turn out not to be active well then you'll have some other kind of cactus which is cool too.

Oh, and apparently someone has tiled that floor or counter top with lophs. You might look into that if you are wanting mescaline. :D
 
Wolfnippletip said:
To young to really tell but it does look like a Trich, possible Peruvianus. The seedlings probably aren't very expensive so if you have the available sunlight needed then buy several, grow them and you'll find out when they get bigger. If they turn out not to be active well then you'll have some other kind of cactus which is cool too.

Oh, and apparently someone has tiled that floor or counter top with lophs. You might look into that if you are wanting mescaline. :D

Thanks!

Yes they sell lophs too but they are slow growing? I need to do some cacti research.

/Y
 
Lophs are slow growing but they can be grafted to any number of other types of cactus, including Trichocereus and they'll grow much much faster. Grafting is simple. There's lots of Nexians who can tell you how.
 
Wolfnippletip said:
Lophs are slow growing but they can be grafted to any number of other types of cactus, including Trichocereus and they'll grow much much faster. Grafting is simple. There's lots of Nexians who can tell you how.


Thank you so much!

I have 3 days off work this week so I’ll do research about grafting, my dad used to do that with fruit trees when I was a kid:p

/Y
 
It could be. Hopefully they know that for sure. Most of the time when I see seedlings like that for sale at nurseries they turn out to be browningia hertlingiana seedlings. At that age it is impossible to really know. Lots of mislabelling at nurseries.
 
Grey Fox said:
It could be. Hopefully they know that for sure. Most of the time when I see seedlings like that for sale at nurseries they turn out to be browningia hertlingiana seedlings. At that age it is impossible to really know. Lots of mislabelling at nurseries.


They are specialised in cacti’s only so hopefully they know their thing.

I found this one too but too expensive for me atm.
 

Attachments

  • 522CFC0F-718E-4EB3-ABD9-059D1CBC8CAE.png
    522CFC0F-718E-4EB3-ABD9-059D1CBC8CAE.png
    664.8 KB · Views: 2
--MIND BLOWN!--

Yeah if they are selling that then they probably know what the seedling is. Very nice!
 
Grey Fox said:
--MIND BLOWN!--

Yeah if they are selling that then they probably know what the seedling is. Very nice!

Would the Peyote in the last picture be ready to harvest? :twisted:

/Y
 
I'm not sure. Maybe someone with peyote experience can chime in. Thats a real nice cactus nursery that you found.
 
Oh heck yes it's harvestable, but I have plenty of mescaline and I would treat it like the thoroughbred it is and leave it alone. It would be kind of a shame IMO to cut on something that impressive. Expensive? Probably worth every penny, but you could have several of your own in a few years by buying some of those smaller lophs and grafting them yourself.

Mind equally blown. I'll have Lophs when I grow up. :D
 
Wolfnippletip said:
Oh heck yes it's harvestable, but I have plenty of mescaline and I would treat it like the thoroughbred it is and leave it alone. It would be kind of a shame IMO to cut on something that impressive. Expensive? Probably worth every penny, but you could have several of your own in a few years by buying some of those smaller lophs and grafting them yourself.

Mind equally blown. I'll have Lophs when I grow up. :D


I’ve not tried mescaline yet, they had a larger one:p
 

Attachments

  • BBD25990-743D-4BC6-90EC-2A59644DB6B7.png
    BBD25990-743D-4BC6-90EC-2A59644DB6B7.png
    553.6 KB · Views: 2
Just get you some Lopophora Williamsii var. ‘Caespitosa' seeds and grow them out-- they grow in flushes just like shrooms!

I wish that stuff were legal in this region...would so love to grow lophs. really beautiful specimens.
 
Those are all very nice looking cacti. It looks like they have a wide selection too... You're lucky to have a store like that around.

What country are you in if you don't mind me asking?

That lophophora plant is definitely at a size where you could harvest some.. Apparently some varieties of williamsii aren't as potent as others, and from what I understand, the taxonomy with lophophora is a bit ambiguous which seems to be the case with all cacti..

I'm not sure how much it costs but if you can afford it you could try harvest say just 2-4 heads and leave the rest.. You can also cut a head off and plant it and you'll have a separate plant... Like Wolf mentioned too grafting will speed up growth exponentially... If you have a plant that size already though I'd think you would be better off just letting it grow the way it is..

You can also start some seeds if you'd like.. Many different routes.. :thumb_up:
 
coAsTal said:
Just get you some Lopophora Williamsii var. ‘Caespitosa' seeds and grow them out-- they grow in flushes just like shrooms!

I wish that stuff were legal in this region...would so love to grow lophs. really beautiful specimens.


Are they easy to grow?

/Y
 
Spiralout said:
Those are all very nice looking cacti. It looks like they have a wide selection too... You're lucky to have a store like that around.

What country are you in if you don't mind me asking?

That lophophora plant is definitely at a size where you could harvest some.. Apparently some varieties of williamsii aren't as potent as others, and from what I understand, the taxonomy with lophophora is a bit ambiguous which seems to be the case with all cacti..

I'm not sure how much it costs but if you can afford it you could try harvest say just 2-4 heads and leave the rest.. You can also cut a head off and plant it and you'll have a separate plant... Like Wolf mentioned too grafting will speed up growth exponentially... If you have a plant that size already though I'd think you would be better off just letting it grow the way it is..

You can also start some seeds if you'd like.. Many different routes.. :thumb_up:


I’m doing research about cactuses, growing, grafting etc. I don’t know much about them, but
I have green fingers like my father so I have great success growing plants.

/Y
 
Back
Top Bottom