• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).
As most of you have discovered through your own genuine experience, organic mystic/enlightment experiences and those elicited with the aid of substances are not very different. The visions and insights we gain in the expanded state help us live our daily lives in a very real and tangible way once integrated, helping to provide our lives with sincere meaning.

I’ve compiled this list of scriptures and scripture-related books such as commentaries based on what I’ve experienced in my own life and travels. Each of the books here echoes or affirms realizations and insights that have been solidified or illumined through Entheogenic expeditions. I would love to see you add your favorites to this list as well.

Please remember our intentions here, and not to let little dogmatism or old cultural practices distract us from the real content in any given book. As it is often said, dealing with things of this nature, it is often best to “leave the head and the tail,” as one would with fresh fish.

+Raja Yoga by Swami Vivekananda
+Vedanta, Voice of Freedom by Swami Vivekananda
+The Sermon on The Mount According to Vedanta by Swami Prabhavananda
+The Bhagavad Gita (I like Eknath Easwaran’s translation)
+Upanishads, Breath of the Eternal by Swami Prabhavananda
+The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna
+Breathe, You are Alive! by Thich Nhat Hanh
+Living Buddha, Living Christ by Thich Nhat Hanh
+Peace is Every Step by Thich Nhat Hanh
+Cleansing the Doors of Perception by Houston Smith
+Tao Te Ching attributed to Lao Tzu (I like Brian Browne Walker’s translation)
+Hua Hu Ching attributed to Lao Tzu (I like Brian Browne Walker’s translation)

Back
Top Bottom