• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Sweet Acacia

Migrated topic.
There’s a thorny acacia in my area that grows everywhere. Ranchers and farmers despise it and commonly bulldozer/root plow entire fields of it. One day I collected some root bark from a freshly up rooted tree. It had a very very pungent smell. I have not tested it yet, but I do believe it’s rich in something.

TexasTrichocereus said:
There’s a thorny acacia in my area that grows everywhere. Ranchers and farmers despise it and commonly bulldozer/root plow entire fields of it. One day I collected some root bark from a freshly up rooted tree. It had a very very pungent smell. I have not tested it yet, but I do believe it’s rich in something.

Look up cats claw acacia

Chimp Z said:
@ Bundleflowerpower

Do you know what time of year is best to get twigs from this plant?
I have some growing nearby that is about 8ft x 6ft x 6ft in size

Idk, it depends maybe where you live. Where I live there’s only a shot winter so maybe any time of year.

The other day, a friend and I went for a road trip to the southern Louisiana coast, in St. Mary parish, just north of Marsh Island, at a state park on Vermilion Bay. I found Sweet Acacia growing right next to salt water. I also found bundleflowers growing on the back side of the beach in the longish grass. So apparently, both bundleflowers and sweet acacia can grow in coastal regions that, recently, from time to time, have been inundated with storm surges from tropical storms and/or hurricanes, as some of the bundleflower plants appeared to be at least a few years old, and the same with the sweet acacias.

I collected many bundleflower seeds, and many sweet acacia seed pods laying on the ground under three or so trees who grow together.

..that's great to imagine that scene, bundleflowerpower..i'd envisage bundleflower is good for dune stabilisation..acacias do well with allied companion plants (both bolstering and sharing each other's rhyzobium network, and generally increasing the community 'vibe' in the immediate environment) ..

Acacia (vachellia) farnesiana sure is an interesting one...with such wide distribution there are likely sub species too...this is one I think should be fast tracked for Nexus analysis..

also, Justintime, how's those little trees going?

nen888 said:
..that's great to imagine that scene, bundleflowerpower..i'd envisage bundleflower is good for dune stabilisation..acacias do well with allied companion plants (both bolstering and sharing each other's rhyzobium network, and generally increasing the community 'vibe' in the immediate environment) ..

Acacia (vachellia) farnesiana sure is an interesting one...with such wide distribution there are likely sub species too...this is one I think should be fast tracked for Nexus analysis..

also, Justintime, how's those little trees going?

Well the beach is on a protected bay, behind a large barrier island. I wonder if bundleflowers grow on the actual coast itself with beaches and dunes.

Back
Top Bottom